PhDSharp

Leaving Blanks on Forms

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

My fiance mailed me his signed G-325A bio form, and I'm getting ready to send in our packet (HOPEFULLY TOMORROW). While going through the application (for the umpteenth time), I noticed that he left a few fields blank on the form.

Under "Current Husband or Wife" he typed "None," but he left "First Name," "Date of Birth," "City/Country of Birth," etc. blank.

He did the same thing for the question that asks for "Last occupation abroad if not shown above." He wrote "N/A" in the first field but left the Occupation and the From/To field blank.

Will this be a problem? Should he have written "n/a" in the other fields? From the USCIS website, it looks like they use scanners to read the forms. Will leaving a blank in a field like this result in an RFE? Should I write n/a in by hand or am I just stressing TOO MUCH?

I know I'm being hyper-paranoid...I just can't stop my mind from automatically jump to the worst-case scenario.

Thanks in advance.

13 February 2013 - Sent I-129F to Dallas Lockerbox by Express Mail
14 February 2013 - I-129F arrived at Dallas Lockerbox (according to the US Postal service confirmation receipt)
19 February 2013 - Payment check pending
19 February 2013 - Received text and email confirming application had been accepted and forwarded to the Vermont Service Center

14 June 2013 - I-129F Approved (I never received a text or email notification, even though I signed up for them.)

20 June 2013 - Hardcopy of NOA2 received in the mail

24 June 2013 - NVC received our application

26 June 2013 - NVC forwarded application to the consulate in Stockholm

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My fiance mailed me his signed G-325A bio form, and I'm getting ready to send in our packet (HOPEFULLY TOMORROW). While going through the application (for the umpteenth time), I noticed that he left a few fields blank on the form.

Under "Current Husband or Wife" he typed "None," but he left "First Name," "Date of Birth," "City/Country of Birth," etc. blank.

He did the same thing for the question that asks for "Last occupation abroad if not shown above." He wrote "N/A" in the first field but left the Occupation and the From/To field blank.

Will this be a problem? Should he have written "n/a" in the other fields? From the USCIS website, it looks like they use scanners to read the forms. Will leaving a blank in a field like this result in an RFE? Should I write n/a in by hand or am I just stressing TOO MUCH?

I know I'm being hyper-paranoid...I just can't stop my mind from automatically jump to the worst-case scenario.

Thanks in advance.

In the case of those questions, it should be OK. Why? Well, if they asked the name of the current spouse and he left that blank they may feel he did not answer and may feel they need an answer. RFE! But he did answer that there is NO current spouse so the rest of the questions are NA.

When in doubt it is best to answer.

FYI, you can fill in the blanks if it makes you feel better. They do not care who fills in the form as long as it is accurate. Just mention it to him if you do in case they ever ask. (I doubt it)

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.