Kat&M

places of residence

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi

I had stayed abroad for some years

My doubts are:-

1- I had lived in one street for an year and another street which is in the same city for another year . The two streets come under different Police Office jurisdictions ie i had registered in two different police stations when I had rented apartment in both the streets . So do I write just any one address since its the same city or should I list both the addresses?

2- Do I have to get police clearance certs from both the police stations?

3- Any one has an idea about how to get a Police clearance cert from China?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Only the countries you lived I think and not the areas.

Our K-1 journey * I am the beneficiary *

08/03/2012 sent I-129F

06/27/2013 Interview at Frankfurt Consulate = Approved.

08/09/2013 Wedding!

AOS

09/03/2013 Sent AOS + EAD + AP

12/30/2013 PR card in hand.

ROC

09/29/2015 Sent I-751

10/30/15 Biometrics

05/19/16 Approved

N-400

10/04/2016 Send Package

10/15/2016 NOA

11/04/2016 Biometrics

02/01/2017 Interview

02/23/2017 Oath!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

what country are you from? it depends

Our K-1 journey * I am the beneficiary *

08/03/2012 sent I-129F

06/27/2013 Interview at Frankfurt Consulate = Approved.

08/09/2013 Wedding!

AOS

09/03/2013 Sent AOS + EAD + AP

12/30/2013 PR card in hand.

ROC

09/29/2015 Sent I-751

10/30/15 Biometrics

05/19/16 Approved

N-400

10/04/2016 Send Package

10/15/2016 NOA

11/04/2016 Biometrics

02/01/2017 Interview

02/23/2017 Oath!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi

I had stayed abroad for some years

My doubts are:-

1- I had lived in one street for an year and another street which is in the same city for another year . The two streets come under different Police Office jurisdictions ie i had registered in two different police stations when I had rented apartment in both the streets . So do I write just any one address since its the same city or should I list both the addresses?

2- Do I have to get police clearance certs from both the police stations?

3- Any one has an idea about how to get a Police clearance cert from China?

Hello!

What stage of the process are you in? the answers will depend what forms you are talking about. timeline.gif

Some questions are also embassy specific, so please add your country in your profile. It will help you to get accurate answers good.gif

For police certificates, this is a country specific matter. Usually they ask you for police certificate from your homecountry, country of residence at the time you fill, any country you've been living in for at least a year (but this is to check on your contry's us embassy's website or on your coutry's portal here on VJ.) But this is at the stage of the interview, not before.

But I don't know anything about police certificates in China. you might want to go in the regional subforum to check this.

Lastly: if the form your fillling ask for full adress (number and street name), yes, put both adresses. If you are filing G-325A, you don't need to add police certificates.

Good luck in your visa journey!

From the day we sent I-129F to the day I recieved my K-1: Exactly 9 months
I am the benifeciary

event.png

Timeline

what country are you from? it depends

I am an Indian .

I am unsure about how to fill the column in 325 -A where they ask for places of residence because like I had mentioned, I had lived in 2 different places while I was in China so do I type the different streets I had stayed at or am I to fill in just any one address from the country .

The thing is, I am not sure if they are looking for the countries you stayed in or the multiple places you have stayed at while you were in that country .

Also I am not sure how to obtain a PCC from China ? Does the Police office issue it or do I have to contact the Indian Embassy in China ?

I ask this because If it is the Police office that issues the PCC , then do I have to obtain from both the Police stations?

I really hope some one can give me a solid answer. Thanks in advance guys !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

for the address, i think you are supposed to list the places you have lived for 6months or more since age 16years.

police certificate are country specific not city but check the country portal where you intend to obtain the certificates to see how they roll.

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

Timeline

for the address, i think you are supposed to list the places you have lived for 6months or more since age 16years.

police certificate are country specific not city but check the country portal where you intend to obtain the certificates to see how they roll.

So you mean to say that on form 325 I need to fill in both the streets I lived in . While for the PCC i need to obtain only one from China ?

Sorry that I keep bringing this topic up but no one seems to know of a definite answer. Thanks for all the inputs though guys !

Good Luck , May God bless us all to see us through to the end of this crazy process!!!!

Timeline

I am an Indian .

I am unsure about how to fill the column in 325 -A where they ask for places of residence because like I had mentioned, I had lived in 2 different places while I was in China so do I type the different streets I had stayed at or am I to fill in just any one address from the country .

The thing is, I am not sure if they are looking for the countries you stayed in or the multiple places you have stayed at while you were in that country .

Also I am not sure how to obtain a PCC from China ? Does the Police office issue it or do I have to contact the Indian Embassy in China ?

I ask this because If it is the Police office that issues the PCC , then do I have to obtain from both the Police stations?

I really hope some one can give me a solid answer. Thanks in advance guys !

In G325A, they ask for adress with street name and number. So I guess if you lived in 2 different place in China, even if it was one street away, you have to give both of places of residence.

You don't need police certificates yet. Ask on the china regional forum to enquire about police certificates in china.

If you put just one adress, and then you ask for your police certificate, and it covers just the time you lived in that adress, not the time you lived in the second adress in china... how are you gonna explain that to the embassy? I understand you want to save yourself some trouble, but you might raise unecessary suspicions by declaring just one of your 2 adressses. It will be much more trouble to explain to the CO why you didn't display full information rather than getting 2 police certificates (which you are not even sure you will have to do yet).

Once again, you should put both adresses, thsi is what they request. After I-129F is sent, you'll wait about 6 to 8 months to have your NOA2. That will give you plenty of time to prepare for the next step and gather all the paperwork, including police certificates.

The process is long and painful, and the only way to can make it smooth is to follow strictly the rules. You will save yourself a lot of stress by doing so.good.gif

Hope this help.

good luck!!

I am the benifeciary

event.png

Timeline

So you mean to say that on form 325 I need to fill in both the streets I lived in . While for the PCC i need to obtain only one from China ?

Sorry that I keep bringing this topic up but no one seems to know of a definite answer. Thanks for all the inputs though guys !

Good Luck , May God bless us all to see us through to the end of this crazy process!!!!

yes!

I lived in at least 5 different places in France, but just one PC is issued for the country (this is a national database, so it doesn't depend on city, street or anything).

I put every of my adresses (as requested) and I'll bring my french police certificate (as requested)

Don't overthink it, put both of your adresses.

I am the benifeciary

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.