masry00

Approved but .help pls

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello Everyone

this is secand time we apply after we get denied first time .. and we finaly get Approved but we first filled i130 in may 2012 then we filled i129f after the first form with 1 month .. becouse they said in uscis web site if we fileld i129f it will make it faster and i can go to usa while the case is pending .. but now we get approved for both forms like we have 2 cases so with what i should go with i130 or i129f or with both ? i suppose to be IR1 Case but i don't know what my case now with i129f ? so i am confused coz now i know this i129f now make if fast it's make it k3 coz they say in the approvel letter ( to obtian immigrand status - once your spouse has been admitted to the united states in k3 status -the k3 nonimmigrant must properly file form I-485 ( Application for adjustment to permanent residence).. A k-4 nonimmigrant must have form i-130 filed on his/her behalf by his/her U.S Citizen parent /stepparent and must file form I-485 ..

so i don't know what next .. they said to us on the Approvel letter to connect NVC in 30 days and they will connect me as they said in egypt ? why we have to wait 30 days before we connect them ? and they going to send me letter in my address or what ? please help .. thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

this is not allowed, you cant apply for two different petitions. if you are really married you must go for k3 visa. i am not aware of the procedures but if you are married maybe you will have to call nvc to withdraw or cancel your i129 application.

sometimes k1 visa takes more longer to process than k3 visa.

Timeline

i am married since 3 years now and i got denied first time we filled with uscis .. it is allowed to fill both and that what is happening they approved both forms in the same day and sent 2 letters toghter to my wife .. so i don't know what to do

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

hey - congratulations !

so - two petitions, leading to two different visas. OK - got it.

Pay attention to what happens at NVC in the next 45 days.

IF the two casefiles show up at the same time at NVC (I-129F and I-130), NVC will administatively close the I-129F and you'll be on the IR-1 path, with more paperwork to handle at NVC.

If the two casefiles somehow get unbundled - then is small possibility that the I-129F will move from NVC to the IV Unit at the Embassy, and they'll tell you what to do to apply for a K-3 visa.

If I were you, I'd focus on the IR-1 path, though (about 328 to pay at NVC) . It's going to be about the same amount of time for processing, maybe 1 month more, but is huge cost savings after you are IN USA - you get a 10 year green card. If you took the K-3 path (if it is available to you) then you have to pay more after arrival in USA - about 1040 usd or so, for a green card, plus you have to wait almost 6 months more where you can't work or participate in US Society.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

so true Darnell that's why i want to take IR1 not k3 coz waiting 6 months and more money . did u think i can cancel i129f ? or it's too late ? coz seems to me both go to NVC .. and do i have to wait 30 days to call NVC ? or i can call in few days ?

Filed: Timeline

i am married since 3 years now and i got denied first time we filled with uscis .. it is allowed to fill both and that what is happening they approved both forms in the same day and sent 2 letters toghter to my wife .. so i don't know what to do

I would go the IR1 route. Pay close attention to the excellent advice by post #4.

And study this link: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_bring_your_foreign_spouse_to_live_in_the_US

Wishing you the very best of luck!

Iron Sharpen Iron!

Timeline

hey man -

you not need to do anything about the I-129F, ok ?

There's a really good chance, that if the I-130 and the I-129F were approved on same day, then the I-129F will get administratively closed at NVC. No further worries there, as NVC, in effect, kills the I-129F, killing the path to a K-3.

If the I-129F makes it through the NVC gauntlet, then on to the IV Unit at the Embassy - YOU can simply ignore all requests from the IV Unit about the I-129F and K-3. Do Nothing.

As to 30 days - well - once a casefile is approved at USCIS, it has to travel to another office, the NVC. It takes time to travel, aye? It's not just 'show up' as there is some other processing that NVC must do before they are ready for you and yer USCitizen Petitioner to start the NVC Document Intake for the Visa Application.

Also, after that 30 days, NVC will decide about the I-129F, if it did, indeed, travel with the I-130.

FWIW - most 'dual path' thingies like this? The I-129F and I-130 are approved same time, same day, travel together into NVC, are unbundled at NVC where the I-129F is SEEN with the I-130, and the I-129F is administratively closed.

Relax, la. Purty please?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

thank u Darnell . you don't know that we got approved after 3 years from our marriage so u can imagine how hard that was about waiting special while setations in egypt not so good everyweek troubles .. that's why i am worried i coudn't belive my self when i get approved coz we got Rfe for more prove and we sent same things we did . and finaly we got approved thanks god ..

Timeline

i know, man, i know. hang in there, have a relaxing weekend, or get in the kitchen with your sister and cook a huge meal.

seriously - relax. or sleep for two days. you've earned it, by now, aye?

Timeline

hey - yer welcome ! if you do cook, please take photos and post them back here?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

after relaxing for couple of days. You dont have to wait for 30days to start calling NVC as stated in the letter. from end of next week, you shd start calling daily or every other day( depending on what your anxiety level can handle) and ask if your case has arrived and then request your case numbers.

it does not hurt to request during one of those phone calls that your I-129f should be closed as you now want to focus on the IR-1 route.

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

so true Darnell that's why i want to take IR1 not k3 coz waiting 6 months and more money . did u think i can cancel i129f ? or it's too late ? coz seems to me both go to NVC .. and do i have to wait 30 days to call NVC ? or i can call in few days ?

You can simply move forward with the I-130 at NVC and ignore any correspondence regarding the I-129F.

this is not allowed, you cant apply for two different petitions. if you are really married you must go for k3 visa. i am not aware of the procedures but if you are married maybe you will have to call nvc to withdraw or cancel your i129 application.

sometimes k1 visa takes more longer to process than k3 visa.

This answer is dead wrong. I advise the OP to ignore it completely.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.