livetolove

Help help help please

28 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

A local background check is up to the CO. You were divorced twice, no red flags there except you say you have known and had a relationship with your wife since 2003, while married to your ex? Don't use that time as proof of relationship unless you are prepared to have your wife explain why she was with you while you were married. Do you mean to say that you had a friendship with her since 2003 and started a relationship in 2006. No Co will believe you have been together for 10 years while you had 2 other marriages. If anything they do show concern for the applicant thus she may be questions about your previous marriages.

It is true females do have more success with getting visas out of Morocco but there are denials as well. I was preview to this while acting for my husband at the embassy. No one gets visa on the same day they call you back to pick it up a few days later. It is normal to worry, good luck...

90 days then they expire

Hi MIBEN

Thank u for you feedback

My wife first e-mailed our company in the US back in 2003 looking for a job as a flight attendat. she sent her resume together with her picture. When I knew from her E-mail that she is from Morocco and can speak Arabic, I tried to contact some airlines if they can hire her as a flight attendant. I called her around end of 2003. she invited me to visit Morocoo and I was there for a week and spent my vacation ( we were just friends at the time). FYI, my second marriage was a family arranged marriage and did last for one year. I got married to my second wife in June 2005 and divorced her in December 2005( second marriage lasted for 6 months only). I petitioned my second wife at the time and after divorce, I contacted USCIS and withdrew her petition.

In other words, at the time when my frienship started with my current wife, I was divorced from my first wife and was not married to my second wife. I travelled to Egypt to visit my family in mid -june 2005 and I had a family arranged wedding there. Since I had no relation with my second wife prior to my marriage, there was no chemistry between us and as a result, I decided to put an end to our relation back in December 2005. I visited my current wife again after divorce and our relation started to become romantic. My wife has a big government position related to the National Police of Morroco and as a result, she can not marry a non-moroccan with out a permit from the Moroccan governmnet. since I am a non-moroccan, they refusued to grant her a permit twice and finally got approved end of 2007. while i was preparing for the wedding my mom passed away and the permit expired.

After a long process, she finally got another permit around the end of 2009, we got married at the beginning of year 2010.

This is my exact story that my wife is aware of and what she is going to tell the consulate..

I know a guy here in the US. His co-worker was his friend. He divorced his wife and got married to his co-worker after a long term relation...

In other words, is my story a unique of its kind or happened to someone whom u know ?????

in lieu of the above, what is the percentage of my wife getting approved by CO? ( FYI, I visited her over 7 times).

In case, if my wife got denied, I am planning to sell my business and move to Morocco. ( in case of denial, can the case reaffirmed again by USCIS and sent back to the embassy for another interview ?)

I am looking for your feedback.

Edited by livetolove

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi MIBEN

Thank u for you feedback

My wife first e-mailed our company in the US back in 2003 looking for a job as a flight attendat. she sent her resume together with her picture. When I knew from her E-mail that she is from Morocco and can speak Arabic, I tried to contact some airlines if they can hire her as a flight attendant. I called her around end of 2003. she invited me to visit Morocoo and I was there for a week and spent my vacation ( we were just friends at the time). FYI, my second marriage was a family arranged marriage and did last for one year. I got married to my second wife in June 2005 and divorced her in December 2005( second marriage lasted for 6 months only). I petitioned my second wife at the time and after divorce, I contacted USCIS and withdrew her petition.

In other words, at the time when my frienship started with my current wife, I was divorced from my first wife and was not married to my second wife. I travelled to Egypt to visit my family in mid -june 2005 and I had a family arranged wedding there. Since I had no relation with my second wife prior to my marriage, there was no chemistry between us and as a result, I decided to put an end to our relation back in December 2005. I visited my current wife again after divorce and our relation started to become romantic. My wife has a big government position related to the National Police of Morroco and as a result, she can not marry a non-moroccan with out a permit from the Moroccan governmnet. since I am a non-moroccan, they refusued to grant her a permit twice and finally got approved end of 2007. while i was preparing for the wedding my mom passed away and the permit expired.

After a long process, she finally got another permit around the end of 2009, we got married at the beginning of year 2010.

This is my exact story that my wife is aware of and what she is going to tell the consulate..

I know a guy here in the US. His co-worker was his friend. He divorced his wife and got married to his co-worker after a long term relation...

In other words, is my story a unique of its kind or happened to someone whom u know ?????

in lieu of the above, what is the percentage of my wife getting approved by CO? ( FYI, I visited her over 7 times).

In case, if my wife got denied, I am planning to sell my business and move to Morocco. ( in case of denial, can the case reaffirmed again by USCIS and sent back to the embassy for another interview ?)

I am looking for your feedback.

Thank you for sharing your story, if your wife know the details she should be fine explaining. I just caution the use of relationship since 2003 because as you explained what you had was a friendship not a relationship which still counts to show from of having known each other during this time but does not hold any weight for the validity of the relationship before 2006. It is a unique story and I cannot say I have met anyone personally with the same case but have read similar stories. The fact that you have been in a relationship with her since 2006 and have made seven trips strengthens your case as this shows support towards a bonafide marriage.

Don't plan to sell anything yet, instead plan on celebrating her approval and arrival. Her denial has not happened yet so don't plan for it. FYI if she is denied yes it will be returned to USCIS which takes 6 months or more and you will be afforded an opportunity to provide more info to request that the case be reaffirmed.

I want to say don't worry she will be ok but I know that will not help you worry any less.

I hope everything goes well and keep us updated...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

55.35%. Or maybe 71.89%. If the Embassy keeps such "statistics" on visa denials and approvals by category, it is not something they would make publicly available.

I am curious though - you visited her for a week in Morocco in between your marriages. Was it a platonic visit? Don't actually answer that. I don't know what the culture is in Maghrib countries regarding friendship between the sexes but in Gulf countries it is totally unheard of. For them there is no such thing as friends between men and women. When I spent a summer in Egypt it wasn't common there in my observation either. It's possible it could come up at her interview because your "friendship" may raise a few eyebrows. She should just be prepared for that and be honest.

And no, I don't believe your story is unique. I have many relatives who were divorced or widowed and ended up remarrying colleagues or old friends. It's normal. By the way working in a government job in most MENA countries means you can't marry a foreigner. At least in Morocco you can obtain a permit! In Yemen there is no permission granted and if they catch you they jail you. It's why my fiance didn't go for it even though he was offered a great position.

Edited by Sarah and Adnan

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Timeline

55.35%. Or maybe 71.89%. If the Embassy keeps such "statistics" on visa denials and approvals by category, it is not something they would make publicly available.

I am curious though - you visited her for a week in Morocco in between your marriages. Was it a platonic visit? Don't actually answer that. I don't know what the culture is in Maghrib countries regarding friendship between the sexes but in Gulf countries it is totally unheard of. For them there is no such thing as friends between men and women. When I spent a summer in Egypt it wasn't common there in my observation either. It's possible it could come up at her interview because your "friendship" may raise a few eyebrows. She should just be prepared for that and be honest.

And no, I don't believe your story is unique. I have many relatives who were divorced or widowed and ended up remarrying colleagues or old friends. It's normal. By the way working in a government job in most MENA countries means you can't marry a foreigner. At least in Morocco you can obtain a permit! In Yemen there is no permission granted and if they catch you they jail you. It's why my fiance didn't go for it even though he was offered a great position.

Hi Sarah and Adnan

Thank you for your response.

my wife is well prepared to answer all the questions related to my previous marriages, further more, she is going to take my both final divorce decrees with her to the conusulate on her interview day. In Morocco and Tunis, unlike other MENA countries it is very normal for two (male and famale) to have a friendship.

Any way, I dont want to be too optimistic, but expect the worst...( Inshaaallah I hope she is gonna make it)

By the way, regading your K-1 visa, I heard a lot of negative about applying K-1 visa in Yemen. Most of those whom I know and applied K-1 got denied and switched to K-3.

In Morocco, most of the benificeries are K-1 visa applicatnt, and due to culture difference between Yemen and Morocco, it is very normal for some one to travel with his or her fiance.

I think the follwoing link about K-1 visa will give you more info about applying K-1 in Yemen,

https://dazzlepod.com/cable/09SANAA1729/

Wish you all the best

Timeline

Thank you but I'm familiar with that cable leak. Though I understand that it is your desire is to rain on my parade because you didn't like what I had to say about your case. Despite what I said I think you have plenty of cause to be optimistic FYI. Have faith in your wife. You've known each other many years and this is a good thing.

My situation is very different from most of the Yemen IV/NIV cases. I am not Yemeni-American and I am not a Muslim. My fiance and I met when he was studying in the US. We didn't pursue a relationship until later on. You could say we were friends like you were with your wife. If you read that whole cable you'd see the reason why K-1's get denied sometimes in Sanaa is because the Embassy investigates and uncovers that the couple is already married, religiously or otherwise. We are not. Yes our relationship is haram for his religion but hey we can't all be angels all the time. It's not uncommon for Yemeni men who travel abroad to date, drink, carry on and what have you. They love the freedom. We didn't get married yet because he can't get back to the US with a tourist visa (he tried and was denied) and marrying a foreigner (especially kitabiyya) in Yemen is extremely difficult and complicated even for normal civilians. I can't take 2 months off work to petition a Yemeni court. A 3rd country didn't work either because we want at least one of our families present at the wedding. People do the best they can under the circumstances.

Wishing your wife the best of luck at her interview.

- Paulo Coelho

Timeline

Thank you but I'm familiar with that cable leak. Though I understand that it is your desire is to rain on my parade because you didn't like what I had to say about your case. Despite what I said I think you have plenty of cause to be optimistic FYI. Have faith in your wife. You've known each other many years and this is a good thing.

My situation is very different from most of the Yemen IV/NIV cases. I am not Yemeni-American and I am not a Muslim. My fiance and I met when he was studying in the US. We didn't pursue a relationship until later on. You could say we were friends like you were with your wife. If you read that whole cable you'd see the reason why K-1's get denied sometimes in Sanaa is because the Embassy investigates and uncovers that the couple is already married, religiously or otherwise. We are not. Yes our relationship is haram for his religion but hey we can't all be angels all the time. It's not uncommon for Yemeni men who travel abroad to date, drink, carry on and what have you. They love the freedom. We didn't get married yet because he can't get back to the US with a tourist visa (he tried and was denied) and marrying a foreigner (especially kitabiyya) in Yemen is extremely difficult and complicated even for normal civilians. I can't take 2 months off work to petition a Yemeni court. A 3rd country didn't work either because we want at least one of our families present at the wedding. People do the best they can under the circumstances.

Hi Sara....I am so sorry for misunderstanding.. U can not imagine how I took all your comments and suggestions serioulsy. That is why I am counting on all my VJ friends.

Once again, thank you and wish you all the best from bottom of my heart.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm not sure how its going to go in a then interview for us either, but I too was married when I first 'met' my husband online. I threw in a couple evidences that show we know each other from way back, just to show how we met. I and my husband are prepared to explain the strange and complicated nature of how we became engaged, then married. Our main evidence is current stuff and we have plenty to back up.

Truth is stranger than fiction! It will take a nice long interview to explain how we got from gamers, to husband and wife.

God-willing, things will work out for the best, for you, and for us.

Edited by RFQ

RFQ [uSA] & SIMA [EGYPT]
Sima Applies for B2: 12/2012
5yr B2 approved: 02/2012
Married: 03/09/2012
NAO1: 04/25/2012
NAO2: 07/26/2012
8/8/2012: NVC Case Received
NVC #: 8/29/2012

1/24/13: AoS and 230 accepted
01/31/13: Rec'd checklist (expectedly)
02/14/13: Item @ NVC

CASE COMPLETE: 2/24/13
03/15/13: Interview date received
03/17/13: Medical
INTERVIEW: 4/03/13
"Approved Pending AP"
11/07/2013: Request for Updated Documents (via Egyptian consulate AP page)

12/20/2013: Request for return of Passport to Embassy (phone call)
01/13/2014: Passport returned to embassy

01/15/2014: Status Changed (CEAC) Visa Printed
VISA RECEIVED: 1/17/14 dancin5hr.gif

POE: JFK on 3/12/14 CLEARED!
Baby1 1/2015 Baby2 8/2106 isA

2016 Beginning naturalization process later this year, isA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Why is your relationship haram for his religion? Just curious... I see that you are not Muslim, but are you Christian? If I am being too nosy just tell me to hush. I am Catholic, married to a Muslim male, our marriage isn't haram...

EDIT: nevermind I see you are not married yet, and that is why it is haram...best of luck with your petition, and I agree, not everyone is perfect, and not everyone are angels.

and wow at that cable link...was a very interesting read!

Edited by mimolicious

Timeline

So how did your wife's interview go? Hope everything is okay.

Yeah that cable leak was kind of one of those random things you see wikileaks dig up. It was certainly interesting reading. "Due to the pervasive fraud environment, all Immigrant

Visa (IV) cases are considered fraudulent until proven otherwise". There it is from the horse's mouth.

- Paulo Coelho

Timeline

Believe it or not, I finally made it...

After waiting close to two years for my NOA2, my wife was interviewed on Friday, Feb 8, 2013 for her IR-1 visa and thanks to God and to all my VJ friends, who supported me technically and emotionally, she finally made it and got her visa.

She showed up at 7:30 am on Friday and they let her in around 8AM. An hour later, her name was called and a Moroccan guy checked all her docuemnts and gave her back the originals, which I submitted to NVC and asked her to stay at the waiting area for her interview. Her name was called again around 10:45am and asked if she wants to be interviewed in Arabic, French or English. My wife preferred to be interviewed in English.

A blonde lady is the one who started interviewing her by looking into a big file, which I sent to NVC prior to her interview day( I sent bunch of pics, hotel reciepts, copy of my and her passport showing entry and exit stamps, western union reciepts, call logs and other documents) and asked her few questions :

Where and when you met each other

What is your husband's full name

Have you travelled to any country outside Morocco

What does your husband do for leaving

What does she do for leaving

Does any of her family members immigrated to the US.

Finally, at the end of the interview, since her Med exam was missing from her file, she was given a white paper in which she was asked to bring her Med exam and took her passport. At the time, before she leave the consulate, she was asked for her Cell phone number and she was told that someone will call her in few days. The next day ( after they got her Med exam from her doc) someone from the embassy called her and asked her to drop off her passport and she did it the next day. Five days later, she got another call from the consualate asking her to pick up her passoport.

I think sending more docs together with IV DS-230 forms and affidavit support to NVC did help us a lot, coz, it seems to me that they (CO)went thru all the documents prior to her interview and apporved it even before her interview took place.

It was tooooooooooooooo good to be true. I still cant imagine that my wife will make it and thanks to God no AP and no more headache.

You can not imagine how frustrating is to keep waiting and suffering from loneliness.

I wish every body all the best :thumbs::wow:

Edited by livetolove

Congratulations! Your hard work and preparation paid off. I completely agree about "front loading" Casablanca with lots of evidence before the interview. It's a thing there.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Timeline

Congratulations! :thumbs:

Met online : 2009
Married : 07/28/2010

USCIS
Send I-130 : 06/08/2011
Touched : 06/13/2011
got a NOA1 by e-mail and SMS : 06/15/2011
got "I-797C" hard copy of NOA1 : 06/20/2011
got RFE "I-797E" : 10/15/2011
RFE Reply : 12/15/2011
Touched : 12/16/2011
I-130 Approved : 12/20/2011
got "I-797" hard copy of NOA2 : 12/24/2011
Your I-130 was approved in 183 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC
NVC Case Number : 01/13/2012
Pay "$88" AOS Bill and e-mailed DS-3032 : 02/08/2012
Email from NVC, DS-3032 Accepted : 02/09/2012
AOS Fee Shows PAID : 02/09/2012
IV fee invoiced "$404" : 02/10/2012
IV fee invoiced "$230" : 04/18/2012
Pay "$230" IV Bill : 04/30/2012
IV Fee Shows PAID : 05/02/2012
Send AOS and IV packet : 06/09/2012
AOS and IV packet Received : 06/22/2012
Case completed at NVC : 06/29/2012

Interview Date : 08/28/2012 "Denied"

Case Reaffirmed : 07/16/2013

Second interview - Approved : 10/24/2013

Visa Issued : 10/29/2013

Visa in hand : 10/31/2013

For more details please visit my timeline

485.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.