sojourner99

When should I follow-up with USCIS?

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

You are obviously new to all this. Chill out and keep waiting. There is no way you can "ping" them. Do you really want to know where your case files are? They are in a box, stacked up along with other boxes, boxes and boxes of case documents. They do them one box at a time. It takes on average aboutt 5-6 months.....but you didn't count the holidays did you? They were on holiday then and no one worked on any boxes. You can call and they WILL tell you to call later, in 30-45 days. They really do not know exactly where your case is at, except how it was logged in and how they mark those boxes.

VSC is presently working, on average, NOA1 dates around July 29, Your NOA1 date is in August, so on average, they are not expected to get to your until a couple more weeks.

You really have to learn to be patient since this is only the beginning, you have similar waiting for AOS and then ROC and then of rGC renewal and maybe Naturalization.

Chill out and relax, your documents are just fine and should be worked on soon.....more or less.

What do I need to chill out from? In which post did I seem impatient? My posts have been on trying to determine the average timespan in order to better follow-up with them. I asked a specific question, and everyone else that replied to my post helped to answer that question and/or add value to a previous answer, and I thank them for it, except you, who provided nothing except a condescending response when you were called out. The real question is why don't you chill out? Why do you feel the need to defend your own ridiculous post? You obviously lack any answers to the specific questions I was asking. Why do you feel the need to defend that? Perhaps you should relax and find a better hobby yourself rather than trolling this forums.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Phil, you're correct but try to remember when you were going through the NOA1/NOA2 wait, you were also a bit nervous about the timelines, also. Of course, now it is a bit easier when your sweetie is here with you as you wade through the paperwork.

Oh, I understand but back when, when at first we thought that maybe they would be here in July of that year and then nothing then thought it would be August, then got stuck unexpectantly for three weeks at NVC and then actually had a September interview date scheduled but we ourselves had to delay it due to Russian adoption reasons (you want to talk about being anxious, our entire existence as a family hinged on one person's arbitrary decision), USCIS paled in comparison. Interview was in November and they arrived in December (with initial filing in early March). So figure 10 months!

During the initial wait, we kept busy and had an almost daily Skype schedule and made the best of it. The OP can and will do the same, or they won't. All this does is, usually, strengthen relationships.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

What do I need to chill out from? In which post did I seem impatient? My posts have been on trying to determine the average timespan in order to better follow-up with them. I asked a specific question, and everyone else that replied to my post helped to answer that question and/or add value to a previous answer, and I thank them for it, except you, who provided nothing except a condescending response when you were called out. The real question is why don't you chill out? Why do you feel the need to defend your own ridiculous post? You obviously lack any answers to the specific questions I was asking. Why do you feel the need to defend that? Perhaps you should relax and find a better hobby yourself rather than trolling this forums.

Ummmm....maybe this post????? Read it again, maybe tomorrow after you've rested. My last post to you gave you specific dates and details to help you determine where you are in the VSC queue. Now, to help your blood pressure, go back to my last post to your and tell us what dates and timelines did I give to you? Where does your case fall in terms of where VSC is presently adjucating cases? Factor in the recent holidays (remember them), USCIS was on holiday the entire time....did you take that into account with your math? Recalculate again and tell us when you think your case will be adjucated.....hint probably by the end of this month. Please do come back and tell us if that indeed was the case. I accept your early apology. Chill dude.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
So figure 10 months!

During the initial wait, we kept busy and had an almost daily Skype schedule and made the best of it. All this does is, usually, strengthen relationships.

Actually, I agree that the wait has benefits. It gives us time to get to know each other better, time to communicate, time to bond to a person-not a photograph, time to learn the language, and time to explore the depth of our relationship. I agree that 10 months is an accurate estimate of the process from filing to arrival. We all want it done yesterday, we see some approved in a couple months and we see others take years.

I will not even start my journey for another three months. Olga and I decided on May for my visit. We wanted to have time to spend together, not just waiting for her to get off work for a couple hours each evening. I will be there May day and Victory Day. I have been in Russia three times during this period, it is one of the most emotional periods to be in Russia. I love Victory Day and the celebration with our allies.

Ummmm....maybe this post????? Read it again, maybe tomorrow after you've rested. My last post to you gave you specific dates and details to help you determine where you are in the VSC queue. Now, to help your blood pressure, go back to my last post to your and tell us what dates and timelines did I give to you? Where does your case fall in terms of where VSC is presently adjucating cases? Factor in the recent holidays (remember them), USCIS was on holiday the entire time....did you take that into account with your math? Recalculate again and tell us when you think your case will be adjucated.....hint probably by the end of this month. Please do come back and tell us if that indeed was the case. I accept your early apology. Chill dude.

Yes, after I called you out for some made-up numbers, either you felt guilty or something, then tried to provide something of value. But it was no more use than what was already posted at that point. Then to help your ego or something you felt the need to throw in some snarky responses, then you seem surprised someone called you out on that.

Main question is: Why do you need my validation so much? A random stranger on an online forum...

Actually, I agree that the wait has benefits. It gives us time to get to know each other better, time to communicate, time to bond to a person-not a photograph, time to learn the language, and time to explore the depth of our relationship. I agree that 10 months is an accurate estimate of the process from filing to arrival. We all want it done yesterday, we see some approved in a couple months and we see others take years.

I will not even start my journey for another three months. Olga and I decided on May for my visit. We wanted to have time to spend together, not just waiting for her to get off work for a couple hours each evening. I will be there May day and Victory Day. I have been in Russia three times during this period, it is one of the most emotional periods to be in Russia. I love Victory Day and the celebration with our allies.

You are right, from all my research 10 months is an accurate estimate of filing to arrival, but not from NOA1 to NOA2. The May Day and Victory Day parades are a fun time to be there. Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Actually, I agree that the wait has benefits. It gives us time to get to know each other better, time to communicate, time to bond to a person-not a photograph, time to learn the language, and time to explore the depth of our relationship.

That is something people should be doing before they file an I-130 or I-129F. :thumbs:

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

That is something people should be doing before they file an I-130 or I-129F. :thumbs:

I agree, but I am trying to find a glimmer of hope in the long wait. Learning the language, chatting, etc certainly helps pass the time as we wait.

Timeline

Yes, after I called you out for some made-up numbers, either you felt guilty or something, then tried to provide something of value. But it was no more use than what was already posted at that point. Then to help your ego or something you felt the need to throw in some snarky responses, then you seem surprised someone called you out on that.

Main question is: Why do you need my validation so much? A random stranger on an online forum...

I feel so humbled just now. I've only been around here since 2008/2009, so I know nothing. Good luck on your journey!

I feel so humbled just now. I've only been around here since 2008/2009, so I know nothing. Good luck on your journey!

Ok. Though not sure how the length of being on a message board corresponds with providing made up information, then getting all frazzled when someone calls you out on it.

I agree, but I am trying to find a glimmer of hope in the long wait. Learning the language, chatting, etc certainly helps pass the time as we wait.

I feel you man, though human beings are creatures of necessity. Had I not had the barrier of the visa journey ahead of me I might have waited and waited like most couples do to make a decision. I knew one couple that "dated" for 15 years then broke up. In a way I've had to go a little more with my gut and instinct rather than over analyze for years on "is she the right one." So going through this ordeal can in a way speed up your own mental processing, even if the visa process itself is slow.

Edited by sojourner99

Timeline

I feel you man, though human beings are creatures of necessity. Had I not had the barrier of the visa journey ahead of me I might have waited and waited like most couples do to make a decision. I knew one couple that "dated" for 15 years then broke up. In a way I've had to go a little more with my gut and instinct rather than over analyze for years on "is she the right one." So going through this ordeal can in a way speed up your own mental processing, even if the visa process itself is slow.

Not me, I selected my wife from an online catalog that I paid $99 for, we corresponded for two months, then I flew to Kiev and met her in person for 10 days and then upon returning we filed for the K-1 (and K-2). We been together for over three years and still going strong. You speak of the uncertainty and uneasiness caused by the USCIS process and know nothing of the hurdles that my wife and son had to go through just to be able to be considered to be here. Your Ukrainian wife expects you to be the man and to know what to do and to do it.

The information I stated earlier was obtained by me during my lunch hour at work just by doing a simple search here on VJ. Get to know where to find the information and you yourself could have answered your own initial question.....No, just now is not the time to ping them....you're a few weeks behind in their timeline, regardless of the publicized average. They are working on end of July cases right now and you're in the early August line.

If you really want to speed up the visa process, then write to your elected officials........Right now they....even your president....is considering legislation to speed up the processing of millions of illegal aliens......what about the legal aliens.....those of us like you who are waiting.....who is speeding up your processing......Want something to rant about....take up that cause.

Not me, I selected my wife from an online catalog that I paid $99 for, we corresponded for two months, then I flew to Kiev and met her in person for 10 days and then upon returning we filed for the K-1 (and K-2). We been together for over three years and still going strong. You speak of the uncertainty and uneasiness caused by the USCIS process and know nothing of the hurdles that my wife and son had to go through just to be able to be considered to be here. Your Ukrainian wife expects you to be the man and to know what to do and to do it.

The information I stated earlier was obtained by me during my lunch hour at work just by doing a simple search here on VJ. Get to know where to find the information and you yourself could have answered your own initial question.....No, just now is not the time to ping them....you're a few weeks behind in their timeline, regardless of the publicized average. They are working on end of July cases right now and you're in the early August line.

If you really want to speed up the visa process, then write to your elected officials........Right now they....even your president....is considering legislation to speed up the processing of millions of illegal aliens......what about the legal aliens.....those of us like you who are waiting.....who is speeding up your processing......Want something to rant about....take up that cause.

Interesting, not sure why you responded to my response to a totally different guy who I was trying to show support for. I like how you immediately made the message "about you" then go on a rant about illegal immigration. Some weird thing you got going on there about needing validation and attention from totally random strangers...

Timeline

Interesting, not sure why you responded to my response to a totally different guy who I was trying to show support for. I like how you immediately made the message "about you" then go on a rant about illegal immigration. Some weird thing you got going on there about needing validation and attention from totally random strangers...

Always trying to help! Expect 10 months, be surprised when it comes sooner....just like I first posted. Very simple strategy.

So what's your story?

Always trying to help! Expect 10 months, be surprised when it comes sooner....just like I first posted. Very simple strategy.

So what's your story?

Well originally just had a question here on VJ. But now I'm mainly fascinated with trying to figure out what drives people on the internet to obsessively need to "get the last word in."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.