Kiwan

k 1 visa refusal

38 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

on 31 feb 2013 i being refuse for a k1 visa in iterview putting charge senction 212(a)(4)bcome a public charge.as my fincee dont hav job but she get paid every month from the govemenet that worked she did past years not taking the benifits,she also had the joint sponser to meet the requirments.but consular officer told me tht joint sponser only for marriage visa not for k1 visa.plz tell me wat would we do.thanx

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Get married or your fiancée needs to get a job.

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

There isn't much you can do. The I-134 isn't binding and there are consulates who will not accept co-sponsors because of it. There have been posters on here who have their co-sponsors bail after the person entered with the K1 and then have no idea what to do.

Your partner needs to qualify on her own or get married and get a co-sponsor like Alaska said. :thumbs:

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

to get marry we need to resubmit new case and it will take 2,3 year to get visa,she hav own house over there,what if she did the gurrente of her house and property that if i ever found to become a public charge she allow the govement to her house .u think this kind of gurrentee paper will b work out?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

to get marry we need to resubmit new case and it will take 2,3 year to get visa,she hav own house over there,what if she did the gurrente of her house and property that if i ever found to become a public charge she allow the govement to her house .u think this kind of gurrentee paper will b work out?

Why 2, 3 years? Get married (either she comes to pakistan or you find a contry you can both visit and get married in, or if you can enter the US...), file I-130, it will take 10 months, they have to accept the co-sponsor.

Good luck!

Good luck in your visa journey!

From the day we sent I-129F to the day I recieved my K-1: Exactly 9 months
I am the benifeciary

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Kiwan, I just want to add that I am very very sorry for you. I can't imagine how depressing this can be after such a long wait... I send you my best wishedrose.gif

Good luck in your visa journey!

From the day we sent I-129F to the day I recieved my K-1: Exactly 9 months
I am the benifeciary

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I assume that she already listed the house as an asset on the forms? Many times they won't take a house as an asset in lieu of a job because they can take a long time to sell and if the family sells the house then they don't have anywhere to live.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

He would have AP so a couple of years is possible.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

she showed the papers of this house tht she dont live on rent ot or payin house instailment.but she dint show up a house as asset or as a gurrentte tht she thinkin to do now.if myslef want as a sponser myself how much money i need to show off is thy accpet local bank statement or thy only accpet us dollor statements.

i also hear about job latter tht if she send me a job latter (tht a job is awaiting for me over there on my arrival) u think it will help me to get visa.cos at the monent she get (2095 $) per monoth, she also lookin a job too.

embassy stillhav my passport tht thy will send me via fedx i dont know why thy dint return me .thy just giv me a blue form.

1 thing at the end of the interview when consular said tht i am confused abot ur case cause of joint sponcer i said i also provide the proofe tht she got everymoneth money from govement,he said i dint see any kind of paper in file as we send .he asked me do u hav it i sad at the monent NO ,he said u can send tht papers along with ur paspport again when u recive via courior.now what we gone do we will send 1 year detail tht by months in which month she get .plus bank statement of her.cos before tht we only provide joint sponser person statement.

plus she also decided to call us embssy or email to know tht whcih kind of document will b valued to take the visa.

thanx

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

she showed the papers of this house tht she dont live on rent ot or payin house instailment.but she dint show up a house as asset or as a gurrentte tht she thinkin to do now.if myslef want as a sponser myself how much money i need to show off is thy accpet local bank statement or thy only accpet us dollor statements.

i also hear about job latter tht if she send me a job latter (tht a job is awaiting for me over there on my arrival) u think it will help me to get visa.cos at the monent she get (2095 $) per monoth, she also lookin a job too.

embassy stillhav my passport tht thy will send me via fedx i dont know why thy dint return me .thy just giv me a blue form.

1 thing at the end of the interview when consular said tht i am confused abot ur case cause of joint sponcer i said i also provide the proofe tht she got everymoneth money from govement,he said i dint see any kind of paper in file as we send .he asked me do u hav it i sad at the monent NO ,he said u can send tht papers along with ur paspport again when u recive via courior.now what we gone do we will send 1 year detail tht by months in which month she get .plus bank statement of her.cos before tht we only provide joint sponser person statement.

plus she also decided to call us embssy or email to know tht whcih kind of document will b valued to take the visa.

thanx

You cannot self-sponsor. That's not allowed at the US Embassy in your country.

A employment letter of a job for you in the US is meaningless since everyone who don't meet the poverty requirement like you could get a friend to write an employment letter.

There are only two choices.

1. Your fiancée gets a job that meets the poverty line so you can pursue the K-1; or

2. Get marry in your country and then file for a spousal visa where a co-sponsor is allowed.

You so not have any other option to immigrate to the US through your fiancée. Those are your only two choices.

Edited by aaron2020

Timeline

Embassy gav us 1 year to take the request the fllowing action .so i bleave we hav 1 year to prove.we decided to go thorw with it .cos if she come back to me it will take 1600 $ plus time to save money and thn go back and thn reapply again and waitin again for passin the paper time tht is about 2 to 3 year take in my country.

we r also gone try the gurrentee thing. she is realy trying hard to get job.dont know how long job papers she hav to shown to b approved my visa.also waitin for passport comin back may b thy gave us somekind of later or how we can appeal or resubmit the papers .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Embassy gav us 1 year to take the request the fllowing action .so i bleave we hav 1 year to prove.we decided to go thorw with it .cos if she come back to me it will take 1600 $ plus time to save money and thn go back and thn reapply again and waitin again for passin the paper time tht is about 2 to 3 year take in my country.

we r also gone try the gurrentee thing. she is realy trying hard to get job.dont know how long job papers she hav to shown to b approved my visa.also waitin for passport comin back may b thy gave us somekind of later or how we can appeal or resubmit the papers .

Get a lawyer.... thats the best thing you can do right now...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

So what happens if within that year she doesn't get a job to qualify? You wasted an entire year.

Why 2, 3 years? Get married (either she comes to pakistan or you find a contry you can both visit and get married in, or if you can enter the US...), file I-130, it will take 10 months, they have to accept the co-sponsor.

Good luck!

He is from Pakistan, it could very well take 2-3 years. Pakistan is a totally different animal,

firsst of all i know its not an easy to live apart so long from ur loved ones, yes i usually go through the pak portal most of the beneficiries put on AP, so possible 2-3 years for spousal visa, what i can suggest u here is wait for the reply from US-Embassy, n dont rush to get married, first of all pray for ur fiancee to get good job then she can provide u all nacessary Docs.

best of luck n prays are with u.

event.png

event.png

192230.gif

Timeline

Get a lawyer.... thats the best thing you can do right now...

we r not thinkin to hire lawyer yet.but after sh talk embassy and my passport arive with any document or with out .we r just goin to take lawyer opinion wat thy say about it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.