Mrs D.

N-400 February 2013 Filers

1,139 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi, I have an interview on June 5, do I need to bring my husband's passport to the interview? Can I bring a copy of the passport of my husband's? He is now overseas, and his passport is with him now. Do I need to ask him to mail me his passport? Thank you!

My husband took my original birth certificate to his interview, and that was fine.

To those who are having their interview or oath ceremony this week: have fun!

Thanks for creating the list this week, Hedi. I won't be around so much because I'm studying. I just realized today that I still don't have the tax return transcripts for 2012 although we filed in February. I tried ordering online like I always did in the past but it couldn't recognize my address. I had to use the automated phone service to request the transcripts and hopefully they arrive in a few days!

Hope you get your tax transcript soon. :) Good luck with your studying!!

pkyxguryrufud.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Passport arrived today! Valid until 2023 ( seems so futuristic lol ) Just waiting to get my Certificate back in the mail now. Then down to SS office an get that updated.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Passport arrived today! Valid until 2023 ( seems so futuristic lol ) Just waiting to get my Certificate back in the mail now. Then down to SS office an get that updated.

Ok good - I'm not the only one doing it in this order :)

I have the forms all completed so I can run to the passport office right after the oath ceremony (Friday before a long weekend - want to get it in!)

Timeline

Congrats on getting your passport. My husband has an appointment tomorrow at the Post Office to apply for his passport, and like you, once he has that, he is planning on updating his SS status.

How long did it take for you to get your passport after you applied?

pkyxguryrufud.png

Timeline

Congrats on getting your passport. My husband has an appointment tomorrow at the Post Office to apply for his passport, and like you, once he has that, he is planning on updating his SS status.

How long did it take for you to get your passport after you applied?

I handed it over may 2nd and just got it back today on the 20th. Didn't pay for expedited service just the regular.

Hoping the certificate comes this week, MAYBE next week. Iv heard they can be a bit slow to get that back to you.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi again guys!

Told you I'd be back. lol

I have posted this question elsewhere, but you lot have always been so helpful.

Okay so as I'm not travelling anytime soon, or at least until Christmas I wondered if I could put off applying for my passport for a few weeks?

The thing is my son is travelling in June back to London, and I know I have to expedite his application with my naturalization certificate which I am planning on doing tomorrow.

Do you think there will be an issue with me applying for his without mine? We are moving house at the moment and applying for a passport is the furthest thing away from my mind. Of course I'm excited to get one, but do I need to asap?

Can I apply for my 10-year old son's first?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

got my interview yesterday morning. a piece of cake. I got there @ 7 and by 8:45 I was in my way to work.

by noon I got a text saying On May 21, 2013, we scheduled you for your oath ceremony and sent a notice providing the date, time, and location. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

good luck to everyone waiting

Timeline

got my interview yesterday morning. a piece of cake. I got there @ 7 and by 8:45 I was in my way to work.

by noon I got a text saying On May 21, 2013, we scheduled you for your oath ceremony and sent a notice providing the date, time, and location. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

good luck to everyone waiting

Congratulations!! :) Hope you have your oath ceremony soon.

pkyxguryrufud.png

Timeline

I handed it over may 2nd and just got it back today on the 20th. Didn't pay for expedited service just the regular.

Hoping the certificate comes this week, MAYBE next week. Iv heard they can be a bit slow to get that back to you.

Good to know. We didn't go for expedited service either. My husband said it took all of 5 minutes to apply for the passport yesterday (it might have helped that he had filled out the application ahead of time, and had all the copies etc, ready). I guess now we wait for the passport. He was told it would take 4-6 weeks to get the passport.

pkyxguryrufud.png

Timeline

Good to know. We didn't go for expedited service either. My husband said it took all of 5 minutes to apply for the passport yesterday (it might have helped that he had filled out the application ahead of time, and had all the copies etc, ready). I guess now we wait for the passport. He was told it would take 4-6 weeks to get the passport.

If he goes on the website http://travel.state.gov/passport/status/status_2567.html

He can check his status and sign up to be emailed when its finished. They emailed me and sent tracking for the package to my email.

( no tracking for the certificate package tho... hasn't shown up just yet either.)

Ok good - I'm not the only one doing it in this order smile.png

I have the forms all completed so I can run to the passport office right after the oath ceremony (Friday before a long weekend - want to get it in!)

Went this rout as I heard its easier to change the other information when you have the actual passport. Didn't want to chance our SS office and stuff because I know how they are and its a far drive to just be turned away for stupidity lol.

Timeline

Went this rout as I heard its easier to change the other information when you have the actual passport. Didn't want to chance our SS office and stuff because I know how they are and its a far drive to just be turned away for stupidity lol.

The SS office is 1 block from the courthouse I am naturalizing at. Ceremony is supposed to let out at 2:30pm, and the passport office I want to go to closes at 4pm so I would rather get that in and know that I can use it to update everything else as opposed to getting the SS taken care of and having to wait until Tuesday to do the passport application.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Yayy my interview is tomorrow wish me luck I only open the booklet this Monday May 20 I hoping to pass.. Interview is at 10am and I have to go to work right after that ..

Timeline

Yayy my interview is tomorrow wish me luck I only open the booklet this Monday May 20 I hoping to pass.. Interview is at 10am and I have to go to work right after that ..

Good luck!

Timeline

Interview was only 10 mins, very easy. She never even saw any of my documents, except for the appointment letter. She asked me questions while she was signing my papers. Asked me one question to read and write the answer she gave me (read and write test). She told me oath will arrive in 2 weeks.

Cheers!dancin5hr.gif

Congratulations!!

Good luck!!

pkyxguryrufud.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.