NealandCari

Change of Address during N-400

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have read a lot of topics about moving while the N-400 is in process, but still have some questions regarding my situation.

My husband and I want to move back to London (where he is from) in the near future, but wanted to complete his citizenship first. To save money, we were going to move in a couple months to my aunt and uncle's house (which is undergoing renovations in preparation to sell), which will be rent-free. We have lived in our current apartment for 3+ years, and most of the documentation we are providing with the application is related to this address. When we move, I was going to file a change of address with USCIS to get everything sent to my parent's address, since this is also in the same city/district, and it would make things easier. Is this going to cause any problems? If we change the address of our bank statements, car insurance, cell phone bill, and driver's license, and my husband brings documentation to the interview, will this be ok? I really want to file the application now since we essentially have everything put together...

Thanks in advance for any advice you have!

Neal (UK) and Cari (USA)

N-400

01-30-2013 Sent N-400 to Dallas Lockbox
02-04-2013 Package marked as "Delivered"
02-07-2013 Check cashed
02-08-2013 NOA
02-21-2013 Biometrics
02-25-2013 Inline for Interview

04-08-2013 Interview

05-31-2013 Oath Ceremony

Hello,

I have read a lot of topics about moving while the N-400 is in process, but still have some questions regarding my situation.

My husband and I want to move back to London (where he is from) in the near future, but wanted to complete his citizenship first. To save money, we were going to move in a couple months to my aunt and uncle's house (which is undergoing renovations in preparation to sell), which will be rent-free. We have lived in our current apartment for 3+ years, and most of the documentation we are providing with the application is related to this address. When we move, I was going to file a change of address with USCIS to get everything sent to my parent's address, since this is also in the same city/district, and it would make things easier. Is this going to cause any problems? If we change the address of our bank statements, car insurance, cell phone bill, and driver's license, and my husband brings documentation to the interview, will this be ok? I really want to file the application now since we essentially have everything put together...

Thanks in advance for any advice you have!

I dont think so, its gonna be big issue at all. My mailing address is separate than my physical address and all my N400 letters came in to my USPS mailing box address.

I just kept it all separated mailing address because previously USCIS mail was stolen.

I would highly suggest :buy an mail box and have all the documents send in thats how you have NO WORRY!

US CITIZENSHIP

12-20-2012: SENT N-400 APPLICATION

12-21-2012: RECEIVED N-400 APPLICATION

12-27-2012: CHECK CASHED

12-28-2012: NOA RECEIVED

01-08-2013: BIO-METRIC COMPLETED

01-14-2013: INTERVIEW IN LINE FOR SCHEDULED

04-10-2013: INTERVIEW SCHEDULE AT 7:30 AM, TAMPA OFFICE...APPROVED:)))

04-23-2013: OATH CEREMONY AT TAMPA 1 PM...FINALLY USC.....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.