LSnBigBear

Survey about wedding bands

37 posts in this topic

Hey everyone I am curious as to if current married couples exchanged wedding bands during your ceremony and wear now your bands. Also anyone that is engaged and getting married soon. The reason I ask is two of my friends married filipinas and non of the 4 wear their rings. I am not a jewelry person but based on what my fiancee has mandated guess who is buying and wearing a wedding band? :dance: She was appalled at the question when I mentioned it. She wants a band and small Diamond only.. I cannot spend much she says.. She bought a cheap ring to wear as a diamond since our engagement last year while she is in the RP.... I guess I know who is boss already :bonk:

Thanks for your thoughts. I am just curious and need a new topic from the other age difference forum lol :help:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My USC fiance bought and gave me an engagement ring. And about the wedding bands, we decided to have one and wear one when we get married... he will be buying them too.

When TWO HEARTS are meant for each other, NO DISTANCE is TOO FAR... NO TIME is TOO LONG... and NO OTHER LOVE can BREAK THEM APART...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hey big bear. I took a look at your profile. Let me begin by saying that you look great as a couple. And you look to be a refined gentleman of vast travel and experience. (Based purely on looks).

Now you should know that a wedding band is a symbol of great significance to a woman, much more so than to a man.

My wife didn't have a lot of money to buy me a wedding band. And so I gave her the money to buy it for me. And I wear it for her, so she knows that she has a husband whom is devoted to her. I wear it for me, hoping it will mean that the both of us will cherish our marriage and be married only once in our lives.

As far as my wife is concerned, I bought her a very nice wedding band. She cherishes it so much that she is too greedy to wear it all the time. She'll wear it when there's a special occasion, pairing it with her engagement ring. And she wears it well.

So I guess my take on it is; for different reasons, a wedding band may or may not be worn for a number of reasons.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think any gift of love to her is a sign of your commitment.

I'm not rich, I bought a 1ct solitare with 4 small diamonds for the engagment. I should say, I haven't showed her this nor gave it to her but will in Cebu on April 1st. I really hope she says YES! I know she excpects it as I officialy asked her to be my girlfriend last November and she said yes. So strange to an American that I had to court her for a time before I could call her my Girlfriend. And Yes, I had to ask her properly. I LOVE this about my Pinoy. I already bought a matching wedding band with 6 diamonds as a band. I took a long time finding the right ring and I know her so I'm confident that she will like the ring of promise to love her and she will wear it proud.

PS. Do Filipinos wear wedding rings on Right or left hand? In most European countries they wear it on the right hand.

Brad

event.png

11/01/2012 - Met online
04/01/2012 - Met in person
04/02/2012 - Became engaged
04/19/2013 - I-129F sent
04/24/2013 - NOA 1
08/14/2013 - NOA 2
00/00/2013 - Packet 3
00/00/2013 - Packet 4
00/00/2013 - Medical
00/00/2013 - Interview
00/00/2013 - Visa in hand
00/00/2013 - CFO Completed
00/00/2013 - Arrived in Minnesota
00/00/2013 - Married in Minnesota

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm not rich, I bought a 1ct solitare with 4 small diamonds for the engagment. I should say, I haven't showed her this nor gave it to her but will in Cebu on April 1st. I really hope she says YES! I know she excpects it as I officialy asked her to be my girlfriend last November and she said yes. So strange to an American that I had to court her for a time before I could call her my Girlfriend. And Yes, I had to ask her properly. I LOVE this about my Pinoy. I already bought a matching wedding band with 6 diamonds as a band. I took a long time finding the right ring and I know her so I'm confident that she will like the ring of promise to love her and she will wear it proud.

PS. Do Filipinos wear wedding rings on Right or left hand? In most European countries they wear it on the right hand.

Brad

wear it on the left...

When TWO HEARTS are meant for each other, NO DISTANCE is TOO FAR... NO TIME is TOO LONG... and NO OTHER LOVE can BREAK THEM APART...

Timeline

I got my filipina fiancee an diamond solitaire engagement ring when I visited her. She was absolutely thrilled. She more recently went and bought matching gold bands and had them engraved with our initials and anniversary date and mailed the one to me. I wear it all the time and she wears hers. We will get wedding bands and will wear them when we marry. She sends me photos when she sees a style she likes. She doesn't want to spend a lot on them, but it is important to her to have wedding rings. I love her and respect that and so I will be happy to wear a ring as well.

Brad

Left hand in ring finger for Filipino's wedding band. To compensate with my husband not liking a jewelry, we have a simple wedding band, pure white gold without diamonds. I like it alot since I dont wear much jewelry too.

A wedding band is important for women that is really true. I am so glad to see that he wears it everyday as sign of our love to each other.

Timeline

Left hand in ring finger for Filipino's wedding band. To compensate with my husband not liking a jewelry, we have a simple wedding band, pure white gold without diamonds. I like it alot since I dont wear much jewelry too.

A wedding band is important for women that is really true. I am so glad to see that he wears it everyday as sign of our love to each other.

Thank you for your reply,

It's so good to hear that a woman appreciates and wants to show her love as I do by wearing our rings. It's not just a symbol of our love, it's a moment in time when we commited to each other and should be worn proudly for all to see.

God bless.

Brad

event.png

11/01/2012 - Met online
04/19/2013 - I-129F sent
04/24/2013 - NOA 1
08/14/2013 - NOA 2
00/00/2013 - Packet 3
00/00/2013 - Packet 4
00/00/2013 - Medical
00/00/2013 - Interview

My wife has and wears 3 rings. One was her Philippines engagement ring. Money was tight at the time, and I was honestly worried about someone robbing her and possibly taking her finger off to get the ring. She did travel in some not so nice parts of her city. When she showed up in the USA, I gave her a solitaire diamond engagement ring. She was thrilled, but said I shouldn't have. Although I think inside she's very happy having it. We also have matching wedding bands. Simple identical gold rings, except ring size, with engravings on the inside to each other. She takes her's off only to clean, and I keep mine on 24/7. They are worn on the left hand, although there seems to be a lot of variation on which hand wedding rings should be worn on in the Philippines. Some choose the left and others chose the right hand. In her family, its usually the right hand, but since we're in the USA, I said we should use the left. The filipinas we know around here pretty much keep their rings on all the time unless they're doing some type of dirty work.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Timeline

My wife has and wears 3 rings. One was her Philippines engagement ring. Money was tight at the time, and I was honestly worried about someone robbing her and possibly taking her finger off to get the ring. She did travel in some not so nice parts of her city. When she showed up in the USA, I gave her a solitaire diamond engagement ring. She was thrilled, but said I shouldn't have. Although I think inside she's very happy having it. We also have matching wedding bands. Simple identical gold rings, except ring size, with engravings on the inside to each other. She takes her's off only to clean, and I keep mine on 24/7. They are worn on the left hand, although there seems to be a lot of variation on which hand wedding rings should be worn on in the Philippines. Some choose the left and others chose the right hand. In her family, its usually the right hand, but since we're in the USA, I said we should use the left. The filipinas we know around here pretty much keep their rings on all the time unless they're doing some type of dirty work.

Thanks for your input, as I don't think it is a given whether a right or left. but in USA it is left. I also am concerned about putting a nice diamond ring on her hand as she already told me the Smart-cell phone I bought her she say's she can't hold in public. I will ask her to wear our engagment ring turned around so only the band shows. She says, many Muslims wear yellow gold in public but she is not Muslum. Not a friendly place for Christians even though she lives and knows all people. If God sees her through this, than no ring is going to make a matter.It's all about our love.

event.png

11/01/2012 - Met online
04/19/2013 - I-129F sent
04/24/2013 - NOA 1
08/14/2013 - NOA 2
00/00/2013 - Packet 3
00/00/2013 - Packet 4
00/00/2013 - Medical
00/00/2013 - Interview

I shared pictures of rings with my wife when we were still apart and let her choose which style she would most prefer, which was very different from what I would have chosen for her. I didnt buy a band for myself before I got to the Philippines to marry...I just had run out of time and money actually. So there I was, looking all through this mall by my hotel...just a small mall, the day before we got married. All I could find at that little place was an inexpensive flat steel band with a pressed design all the way around it. That is what I got for myself. Hers is gold and small diamonds and mine is steel. But the value of mine is irreplaceable to me since it is what she placed on my finger on our wedding day. I never want another ring besides this one. No gold or diamond ring can ever mean more to me than this ring.

My wife wears her rings to work and most all other places she goes. I wear mine all the time too, other than when washing dishes or preparing food.

Hey everyone I am curious as to if current married couples exchanged wedding bands during your ceremony and wear now your bands. Also anyone that is engaged and getting married soon. The reason I ask is two of my friends married filipinas and non of the 4 wear their rings. I am not a jewelry person but based on what my fiancee has mandated guess who is buying and wearing a wedding band? :dance: She was appalled at the question when I mentioned it. She wants a band and small Diamond only.. I cannot spend much she says.. She bought a cheap ring to wear as a diamond since our engagement last year while she is in the RP.... I guess I know who is boss already :bonk:

Thanks for your thoughts. I am just curious and need a new topic from the other age difference forum lol :help:

Edited by Brijo

When we got married in the Philippines the judge made us put the rings on the right finger. I left it there until I arrived at the airport back home in the USA, and then switched it to the left hand. My wife also wears hers on her left hand since she came to the USA.

They are worn on the left hand, although there seems to be a lot of variation on which hand wedding rings should be worn on in the Philippines. Some choose the left and others chose the right hand. In her family, its usually the right hand, but since we're in the USA, I said we should use the left.

Edited by Brijo

Brad

Brad,

Great question about bands. If they it is a Philippines wedding with pinoy couples I have seen both right and left hand. Mostly left as US had influence over the years... However if a Filipina is marrying a European or UK person then they where as their spouse is accustomed too. One of my former Managers while I worked there wore his band on his right hand. His family was very Spanish heritage. My fiancee wears hers on her left hand. Funny as she had a thick wedding type band on the day I met her. I was hesitant to court her due to thinking she was married already.. Her brother bought her the ring as agift and she loved it so much she wore it not knowing it looks like a wedding band lol.. No wonder she was single and available when I met her :rofl: Lucky me :dance: Good luck. I am sure your future wife will accept. If you go to Cebu City Banilad and like to hang out with grouchy old men and listen to BS, stop by Drifters Pub. I use to sit there hours and chat with men from all over the world. Small little place good food. And your wife to be can shop at the many stores near by and come and get you when she is done. Or have a meal with you. Many guys that live out of town come to Cebu monthly for groceries etc. Their wives shop, they sit and get caught up on meaningless chit chat.. Fill free to message me for any advice where to stay cheap etc if you need.... I lived there 5 years. Safe travels and god speed on you journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.