jetlagged

Implication on K1 application if passport has Iran stamps

8 posts in this topic

Anybody who has an idea about US not granting visa for those who have entered IRAN therefore have arrival and departure stamps on their passport?

The thing is, Im a Filipino citizen holding residence visa now here in UAE. I needed to exit the country and went to Iran, arrival and departure are on the same day. Will this have an implication on or K1 application?

I got worried.. hope someone can shed some light.

As always, thank you!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Given your situation - namely being a Filipino working in the UAE, most likely not.

I've heard the exact opposite causing issues [having a visa to the US or a US passport and not being able to enter Iran].

Additionally, I would think some people may end up in AP for additional security scrutiny if they have traveled to Iran [if they otherwise fit a profile that would render their trips to Iran as suspicious]. However, given the specifics of your case - I wouldn't be too worried about it.

I'd be interested to see if any one else has more information about this....

Best of luck.

I'm curious why you went to Iran? I had friends who had to do visa runs, but they went to places like Bahrain or Qatar. Why on earth were you sent to Iran?? In my experience living in the region, going to Iran for a visa run would be completely out of the norm. Is there some specific reason for Iran?

USCIS Stage

February 17th, 2012 - NOA1 Email

March 1st, 2012 - NOA2 Email (USC residing abroad)

NVC Stage

March 12th 2012 - Received

March 21st, 2012 - Case Number received

April 20th, 2012 - Case Closed

May 1st, 2012 - Interview scheduled

Embassy

May 29th, 2012 - Interview - Approved!

June 6th, 2012 - Passport with visa delivered

July 29th, 2012 - POE together in Houston

August 6th, 2012 - Social Security Card Received

August 16th, 2012 - Green Card Received

Yup for visa run. I went here on a tourist visa but was able to get a job so i have to exit the UAE went to the nearest chepeast place to exit which was Kish, Island Iran (where majority of Filipinos here in Dubai). I dint even went out of the airport. Arrived and Depart in a matter of hours

Okay Kish is a bit different than mainland Iran. If it's commonly done by Filipinos, then I don't think it'll be an issue. It's possible they'd question you, but, if it's common, the embassy staff will be familiar with it. Just explain it was the cheapest and easiest option!

USCIS Stage

February 17th, 2012 - NOA1 Email

March 1st, 2012 - NOA2 Email (USC residing abroad)

NVC Stage

March 12th 2012 - Received

March 21st, 2012 - Case Number received

April 20th, 2012 - Case Closed

May 1st, 2012 - Interview scheduled

Embassy

May 29th, 2012 - Interview - Approved!

June 6th, 2012 - Passport with visa delivered

July 29th, 2012 - POE together in Houston

August 6th, 2012 - Social Security Card Received

August 16th, 2012 - Green Card Received

Think about it this way, Iranian nationals are able to apply and be approved for immigrant visas to the U.S. Having been to Iran won't be a problem.

For what it's worth my husband also had to make a Kish run and it was never brought up during our entire visa process. The US embassy in Abu Dhabi is also one of the places where Iranians can interview for US visas.

Think about it this way, Iranian nationals are able to apply and be approved for immigrant visas to the U.S. Having been to Iran won't be a problem.

For what it's worth my husband also had to make a Kish run and it was never brought up during our entire visa process. The US embassy in Abu Dhabi is also one of the places where Iranians can interview for US visas.

Thank you so much, I feel relieved! Im really hoping this wont be an issue

Okay Kish is a bit different than mainland Iran. If it's commonly done by Filipinos, then I don't think it'll be an issue. It's possible they'd question you, but, if it's common, the embassy staff will be familiar with it. Just explain it was the cheapest and easiest option!

THank you! My worry lessen :)

Anybody who has an idea about US not granting visa for those who have entered IRAN therefore have arrival and departure stamps on their passport?

The thing is, Im a Filipino citizen holding residence visa now here in UAE. I needed to exit the country and went to Iran, arrival and departure are on the same day. Will this have an implication on or K1 application?

I got worried.. hope someone can shed some light.

As always, thank you!

You don't have to worry. You're OK. I entered IRAN three (3) times to exit from UAE and had no problems. They didn't even ask about it as long as you didn't stay there 6mos. or more.

Immigration Guide Based on my Personal Experience: https://www.facebook.com/ahappyeverafterjourney

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.