RafaelandCorazon

221g AP

21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

My mom and dad went for an interview last January 7th, 2013. My dad got a 221g for he had a no criminal records on file written on the nbi clearance. Are there anyone out there on the same boat like us? Its been almost 3 weeks and still haven't heard back from the USEM.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Was he instructed to submit additional documents?

You can check his status here: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3023/case-status-online-check2.html

Edited by apple21

Timeline

no, they just handed him a paper stating to wait until we hear from them. I have been checking their status online and nothing is happening. Then come to find out that there's another Immigrant Fee starting Feb 1st upon entering the US or after obtaining the visa on or after 2/1. :/

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The embassy is probably doing another round of background check on your dad's NBI clearance/record.

Hang in there. :innocent:

My mom and dad went for an interview last January 7th, 2013. My dad got a 221g for he had a no criminal records on file written on the nbi clearance. Are there anyone out there on the same boat like us? Its been almost 3 weeks and still haven't heard back from the USEM.

Just pray about it don't worry to much.It happened to me. i was given a 221g but they did not ask for anymore additional documents. it was only checked "wait till u hear from us" .That is a good thing that u are not asked for more documents.

I was worried and waited and the next thing i know my visa was delivered. as long as u was not given the yellow paper then that is a good sign and if the embassy kept ur dad's passport then that is a good sign. Good luck and let us know.

The embassy is probably doing another round of background check on your dad's NBI clearance/record.

Hang in there. :innocent:

^^^ Agreed. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Timeline

Thank you guys! I just couldnt wait for them to be here in Phoenix to finally join me and I am hoping they would come here before summer starts.

Timeline

Okay, so just incase anyone out there might experience the same and would like to understand the timeline,

I would like to update you of our case status:

Jan 7, 2013 - Interview, Mother's paperwork was fine, Father received a 221g letter stating that he needs a written explanation of no criminal record. What to do next: Wait until you hear from us was encircled.

Jan 21, 2013 - Petitioner followed up with US Embassy Manila.

Jan 25, 2013 - Petitioner received an update from US Embassy Manila that they have sent the letter of instruction to the applicant last January 18, 2013.

(Please take note, it's Jan 25th already and the letter was sent I assume via regular mail since January 18th and we still haven't received it)

So, on Monday, Jan 28th, my Father will go to NBI Clearance Center, Taft Avenue, Manila for the interview.

Will update this afterwards.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Okay, so just incase anyone out there might experience the same and would like to understand the timeline,

I would like to update you of our case status:

Jan 7, 2013 - Interview, Mother's paperwork was fine, Father received a 221g letter stating that he needs a written explanation of no criminal record. What to do next: Wait until you hear from us was encircled.

Jan 21, 2013 - Petitioner followed up with US Embassy Manila.

Jan 25, 2013 - Petitioner received an update from US Embassy Manila that they have sent the letter of instruction to the applicant last January 18, 2013.

(Please take note, it's Jan 25th already and the letter was sent I assume via regular mail since January 18th and we still haven't received it)

So, on Monday, Jan 28th, my Father will go to NBI Clearance Center, Taft Avenue, Manila for the interview.

Will update this afterwards.

Pls just keep on updating your timeline...im very much interested with your Dad's on-going paperworks in regards with his NBI No- Criminal Record...looking forward to your updates..THANKS.

Timeline

So today, Jan 28th, Dad went to NBI Taft Avenue Manila bringing the copy of the letter that the Embassy sent to us via email, and did the interview. So, on Monday next week, I will follow up with the Embassy again.

Timeline

So today, Jan 28th, Dad went to NBI Taft Avenue Manila bringing the copy of the letter that the Embassy sent to us via email, and did the interview. So, on Monday next week, I will follow up with the Embassy again.

you mean to say that USEM sent the letter thru email and not by regular mail?

Timeline

Yes, the US Embassy sent it via regular mail, which we still havent received AND they also sent a pdf file copy of the said letter via email which he had presented for the interview. instead of waiting until next week to follow up, I emailed again the Embassy and updating them.

Timeline

Yes, the US Embassy sent it via regular mail, which we still havent received AND they also sent a pdf file copy of the said letter via email which he had presented for the interview. instead of waiting until next week to follow up, I emailed again the Embassy and updating them.

ok, that is much better of sending the letter of recommendation via email than waiting for the regular mail especially to those in the province.

Timeline

I would definitely agree. So if anyone gets a 221g letter, wait at least 10 days to follow up via email and then use that letter to go to the NBI. With the way the post office works in the Philippines, you might probably wait for a long time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.