curious wife

call log from petitioneer or beneficiary?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

pls vj fam,i would really like 2 know if i need 2 get my(beneficairy)call log 4rm MTN tho'my husband sent already sent his from rebtel.i really wanna knw if i need 2 present my own call log or my husband's call log?pls which is effective?thnks

Shouldn't the call logs match up? Does it really matter at that point?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Besides I tot immigration only requested for call logs from the petitioner n not the beneficiary...however its equally going to match anyway

Does Immigration really request call logs? We do not have call logs since he does not have a cell phone and we only talk on Skype, mostly we just text chat. Also we spent 2 months together in the UK when we were married and almost 3 months here in the US when he visited, so we did not call each other at that time. If they ask for call logs, can I submit Skype chat logs instead with a letter of explanation?

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

No call logs are "required" so you are not "required" to obtain an additional call log other than the one you submitted with your I-130 as evidence.

:time:

You SHOULD bring additional evidence if you can of your ongoing relationship between the I-130 evidence you submitted and your interview.

oldlady.gif

No call logs are "required" so you are not "required" to obtain an additional call log other than the one you submitted with your I-130 as evidence.

You SHOULD bring additional evidence if you can of your ongoing relationship between the I-130 evidence you submitted and your interview.

Well that's dead easy since we stupidly did not include ANY "additional" evidence with our I-130 (the stuff that the form says you "should" submit). My husband insisted that including more than what you MUST submit would just complicate matters and cast doubt on the authority of our "must submit" documentation, as if we were saying it couldn't stand on its own. He turned out not to be right about that, despite having above-average intelligence and the best possible intentions :bonk: It looks like we now have plenty of evidence (just not call logs). Cheers :)

Oh and the timeline is filled in as much as possible right now, lol... we are still awaiting NOA2, but I'll take your reminder as a clue that we should receive it soon!

Edited by speedwell

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Timeline

Well that's dead easy since we stupidly did not include ANY "additional" evidence with our I-130 (the stuff that the form says you "should" submit). My husband insisted that including more than what you MUST submit would just complicate matters and cast doubt on the authority of our "must submit" documentation, as if we were saying it couldn't stand on its own. He turned out not to be right about that, despite having above-average intelligence and the best possible intentions :bonk: It looks like we now have plenty of evidence (just not call logs). Cheers :)

Oh and the timeline is filled in as much as possible right now, lol... we are still awaiting NOA2, but I'll take your reminder as a clue that we should receive it soon!

Ehhhh. Well, I'd definitely submit some evidence with your NVC stuff.

I think I read that there's a way you can add some more in at that point.

Otherwise, include some at your interview at the very very least.

I was not referring to your time line.

I was referring to OP's strangely filled in timeline.

oldlady.gif

Ehhhh. Well, I'd definitely submit some evidence with your NVC stuff.

I think I read that there's a way you can add some more in at that point.

I think it's called "front-loading". Do any other posters know how to do this?

LATEST STEPS:

Timeline

I think it's called "front-loading". Do any other posters know how to do this?

Font loading is submitting a LOT of info with your I-130.

Which your husband decided wasn't necessary.

I would guess Darnell would know more about how to submit additional evidence at NVC stage.

I think he MIGHT have been the one I saw talking about it recently.

Edited by KDH

oldlady.gif

Filed: Timeline

Does Immigration really request call logs? We do not have call logs since he does not have a cell phone and we only talk on Skype, mostly we just text chat. Also we spent 2 months together in the UK when we were married and almost 3 months here in the US when he visited, so we did not call each other at that time. If they ask for call logs, can I submit Skype chat logs instead with a letter of explanation?

Skype chat 'logs' will be acceptable as well. Lately, more and more people use this as part of their evidence. I did included them as part of secondary evidence showing ongoing relationship/communication.

Goodluck to you!

Iron Sharpen Iron!

Timeline

pls vj fam,i would really like 2 know if i need 2 get my(beneficairy)call log 4rm MTN tho'my husband sent already sent his from rebtel.i really wanna knw if i need 2 present my own call log or my husband's call log?pls which is effective?thnks

One thing you should know is that getting MTN call logs in Nigeria can be very hectic and tedious to do, you have to go to court to get a letter and so many protocols to follow...... Here is what i did during my time few months back....

My husband had to print his call log from his mobile carrier which is T-mobile showing my calls to him.... I had to HIGHLIGHT my numbers in every single page for the CO to see how many times i called him and the MIns and hours we spend on the phone

He also printed rebtel call logs showing his calls to me...

So i guess you tell him to print out his call log from his mobile carrier showing your number calling him and have them highlighted.

Philippians 4 vs 6-7

Timeline

For Nigeria is HIGHLY required.... If anyone going through Nigeria they will tell you, one can be denied for insufficient evidence even if you submitted with your I-130 as evidence, and also advisable to send more evidence during NVC stage too that's if you are going through Lagos Consulate

Philippians 4 vs 6-7

Timeline

For Nigeria is HIGHLY required.... If anyone going through Nigeria they will tell you, one can be denied for insufficient evidence even if you submitted with your I-130 as evidence, and also advisable to send more evidence during NVC stage too that's if you are going through Lagos Consulate

I understand that, but it is still not HIGHLY "required" it's Highly recommended.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

Besides I tot immigration only requested for call logs from the petitioner n not the beneficiary...however its equally going to match anyway

It really doesn't matter who sends the call logs, all they need to see is some form of communication going on..... But you know how Nigeria is for one to get their call logs for their mobile carrier, it can take forever to do that's why most times its easier for the petitioner to get because they have access to the call history any day any time.

Philippians 4 vs 6-7

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.