mmyharmony

please help.. really need an advice :'(

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Indonesia
Timeline

hy everyone.. :) first problem is we sent the I-129F package on dec 30th 2012, but we just realized if we made the wrong payment, we made a $240 citibank money order for K-1 processing fee, not the $340 for the I-129F petition filing fee.. n just sent it to the USCIS, can we ask for the refund? or our money is just gone? my fiance called the USCIS 2 times, but they said they haven't got any package from us? but it's really impossible isn't? I thought about the copy of the money order from the citibank, maybe we can just ask it to the citibank? but he just lost it.. :( so what should we do now? can we just send a new petition? or we have to wait till they send our package back?

and the other problem is, he's an E-3 in the army, he just think if we will live in poverty if he bring me there.. n we just know he can't transfer his benefits or G.I bill to me, at least he already served 6 years in the army n re-enlist for 4 more years?! but I already lost my school n scholarship in korea (we both met in korea) because i broke the school rules, so i can't get back to school now :crying:

1. we want to start it all over again, can we just send it now or we have to wait till they send back our package?

2. there's any requirements about the income for the petitioners? and she doesn't have savings in the bank, will we be just fine or they will denied our petition because we don't have any saving money?

I really need some advice from the VJ members :( I really stressed out now.. we just lost our hopes, I really ruined my life.. thanks before.. I hope I can get the solution here..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

hy everyone.. :) first problem is we sent the I-129F package on dec 30th 2012, but we just realized if we made the wrong payment, we made a $240 citibank money order for K-1 processing fee, not the $340 for the I-129F petition filing fee.. n just sent it to the USCIS, can we ask for the refund? or our money is just gone? my fiance called the USCIS 2 times, but they said they haven't got any package from us? but it's really impossible isn't? I thought about the copy of the money order from the citibank, maybe we can just ask it to the citibank? but he just lost it.. :( so what should we do now? can we just send a new petition? or we have to wait till they send our package back?

and the other problem is, he's an E-3 in the army, he just think if we will live in poverty if he bring me there.. n we just know he can't transfer his benefits or G.I bill to me, at least he already served 6 years in the army n re-enlist for 4 more years?! but I already lost my school n scholarship in korea (we both met in korea) because i broke the school rules, so i can't get back to school now :crying:

1. we want to start it all over again, can we just send it now or we have to wait till they send back our package?

2. there's any requirements about the income for the petitioners? and she doesn't have savings in the bank, will we be just fine or they will denied our petition because we don't have any saving money?

I really need some advice from the VJ members :( I really stressed out now.. we just lost our hopes, I really ruined my life.. thanks before.. I hope I can get the solution here..

If you sent a cheque for the wrong amount the complete package will be sent back to you. There are poverty threshholds that he needs to be above. For just the two of you they are just under $19,000 a year income.

event.png

Timeline

If you sent a cheque for the wrong amount the complete package will be sent back to you. There are poverty threshholds that he needs to be above. For just the two of you they are just under $19,000 a year income.

thanks for the replied LORIEandPHIL :)

so we have to wait to got all the package back or we can just send the new one?

and about $19.000 is that before or after the taxes?

thanks again! :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I would just wait, you should get it anytime now. If USCIS. don't have your package my guess is its because its on its way back to you. Here is a thread about poverty guidelines

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/355134-poverty-guideline-for-2012/

I think its before tax, but will be changing for 2013 soon.

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

USCIS is not going to show a case for you because it will not be accepted with the wrong payment. It will be returned as noted above and that could take up to 30 days.

STOP calling USCIS, they will have no information for you, your case will not be entered in the system until it is done correctly, or I should say at least sort of correct. The forms need to be signed and the check needs to be for the correct amount

WAIT! Do not do anything until you get it back. Correct what is wrong and start over. I strongly recommend you use a regular check NOT a money order.

READ the instructions carefully.

ASK questions here before you send the petition

You do not need financial information for the petition. You WILL need financial information for the visa interview.

The basic level of your errors and questions indicates you have not read the instructions or the guides about this process. That is going to be necessary if you expect anything but trouble and frustration and eventual failure. Do it before you send the package again

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

There's a different threshold for active duty military personnel. For two people it would be $15,130, and that's before taxes.

On a personal note, why is he still an E3 with six years time in service? He should probably be an E5 by now. Did he get into some sort of trouble?

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

USCIS is not going to show a case for you because it will not be accepted with the wrong payment. It will be returned as noted above and that could take up to 30 days.

STOP calling USCIS, they will have no information for you, your case will not be entered in the system until it is done correctly, or I should say at least sort of correct. The forms need to be signed and the check needs to be for the correct amount

WAIT! Do not do anything until you get it back. Correct what is wrong and start over. I strongly recommend you use a regular check NOT a money order.

READ the instructions carefully.

ASK questions here before you send the petition

You do not need financial information for the petition. You WILL need financial information for the visa interview.

The basic level of your errors and questions indicates you have not read the instructions or the guides about this process. That is going to be necessary if you expect anything but trouble and frustration and eventual failure. Do it before you send the package again

so we cant just send a whole new I-129F package before we got the old one? we doesn't have enough time if we have to wait that package back and we don't know when it will arrived, because my mom said if we can't finished the visa this year, she probably don't allow me to come with him :( she just want me to back to school and forget him :crying:

and I already read carefully about anything and I won't make any mistakes again.. I hope..

how about a payment with the credit card from the USCIS website?

thanks for the advices.. it's a really big help! :)

Timeline

There's a different threshold for active duty military personnel. For two people it would be $15,130, and that's before taxes.

On a personal note, why is he still an E3 with six years time in service? He should probably be an E5 by now. Did he get into some sort of trouble?

I mean he has must be served in the army for 6 years and re-enlist for 4 more years to transfer his GI bill..

he joint the army from 2011, so he has been 2 years in the army now.. :(

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

so we cant just send a whole new I-129F package before we got the old one? we doesn't have enough time if we have to wait that package back and we don't know when it will arrived, because my mom said if we can't finished the visa this year, she probably don't allow me to come with him :( she just want me to back to school and forget him :crying:

and I already read carefully about anything and I won't make any mistakes again.. I hope..

You need to have patience and wait. It is very possible that even if you did refile today that you still will not receive your visa until next year. While you are waiting to receive your petition back, you should read and understand the guides and instructions for this process. The instructions are very specific and you need to follow them otherwise you will be faced with more problems and delays. I don't mean to discourage you, but there is a lot of waiting involved after sending the initial petition. Just have patience and make sure you are doing everything right. Good luck!

I sent a beautifuly prepared application but then forgot the check. It came right back but they had rearanged it all to their liking. I sent the the check the same day it was returned and I don't think I even lost my place in line.

Do not worry.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

You cannot have two petitions in process at the same time. Wait until it is returned, make the corrections and send it back.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I sent a beautifuly prepared application but then forgot the check. It came right back but they had rearanged it all to their liking. I sent the the check the same day it was returned and I don't think I even lost my place in line.

Do not worry.

but we even didn't get a NOA1? and how long they sent it back to you?

thanks before :)

Timeline

You cannot have two petitions in process at the same time. Wait until it is returned, make the corrections and send it back.

do you know how long it will take till they send it back to us? it has been more than a month but we haven't got anything yet.. even the notification? :(

thank you! :)

I do not understand what has happened with your application. Mine was back in less than 1 week. Could it also be lost in the mail ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

do you know how long it will take till they send it back to us? it has been more than a month but we haven't got anything yet.. even the notification? :(

thank you! :)

Didn't you just send your I-129F on 12/30/2012? So it's only been 3 weeks. Just like the other posters have mentioned that you may have to wait 30 days before you'll receive your petition back.

As far as your other concern about getting your K-1 visa this year, no need to stress yourself with worries if you have your paperwork/documents in order. Unlike other countries, K-1 petitioners for Indonesia don't need to front load or back load the petition.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.