• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Ann,

What kind of car did you get. Trevor and I are ok. He's a little ticked at me for not getting my divorce decree sooner. As soon as it comes I will be filing.

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

Timeline

I'm taking a moment to breathe from work (can't catch up) and soccer practice. I wasn't staying out there in the windy cold weather. I hear ya about this crazy weather. I wore shorts yesterday --it was 85 degrees and have long pants and winter coat on today.....nuts !

Rhonda -- alot of my clients have stayed at Secrets (I had a group of 82 people stay there last year and the only complaint that I received was the waves were to big...like "I" had anything to do with that), but I sell tons and tons of Punta Cana. Other popular resorts that I sell alot of is Sunscape and the Iberostar properties--mostly Iberostar Bavaro or Iberostar Dominicana or the RIU properties. I have a small group going to the Ocean Blue in May.

Ann- Our field just got changed today (about 2 hours ago) because the field conditions are unplayable at the original field and now we are playing at Atlee High School #4 on Atlee Station Road in Mechanicsville, but I have to register the team in Glen Allen Friday night and we'll (me and my son) are going to be staying at the Sheraton in Richmond. I got an awesome travel agent rate of $39/night!! The team is staying at the Marriott downtown at $125/night. Being that my son is a guest player, we don't have to stay with the team. Next weekend we'll be in Manassas, but I'll be staying with friends in Lorton/Mason Neck. We have an 8:15am next Sunday, so I'm booking most of the team to spend Saturday night --in the Manassas area.

Are you familiar with where we're playing? We play at 9:30am (playing a team from New Jersey) and 3:30pm (playing a team from North Carolina) on Saturday and Sunday's games depends on how we do on Saturday, so I have no idea on the times yet. This tournament is huge, it's called the Jefferson Cup.

That would be very cool to meet up!!

Shemonya, I will touch base soon....I promise.

Dag Ten, I hope he's okay !!! That sucks when people feel the need to have to steal a kids bike!! I gotta remind my son alllll of the time to bring his bike in. We live in the front of the apartment...and ya never know.

Gotta run since I have some time to myself to play catchup !!

Have a great rest of the day/evening. :P

Kelly

Timeline

I'm trying to get him to enroll in the advanced GED class. He took the pre-test and they told him he could take the test but he wants to brush up on algebra before he takes nursing classes.

Wow that's great! :thumbs: Best wishes Anthony!

That is great, best of luck :dance:

1/1/05 We met

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

to get to me

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hi Ann,

What kind of car did you get. Trevor and I are ok. He's a little ticked at me for not getting my divorce decree sooner. As soon as it comes I will be filing.

I got a Hyundia Sonata. It is not my Honda which I have always bought. My niece sold me hers because she could not afford it. She is going to college and working. The car drives well and is newer (2006) than my 92 Honda Accord. Trevor should know that good things come to those that wait!

Hope you are having a nice day.

Timeline
Good Afternoon,

Today is a much better day than it was yesterday..How about my man was jacked yesterday.He was'nt hurt or anything Thank God.These young boys are crazy,and it was in the daytime.Leo was so pissed.I was pissed.and to top it off it happened when he was on his way to the police station to report mysons bike being stolen,so we think they were watching him or something.

Here he's somewhere trying to do something postive and all this bulls!#$ happens.WHATDAF!*$

He was really upset because my sons bike was stolen along with my new mp3 player,but I told him too let that go .Those things can be replaced.He feels so disrespected.Yesterday was crazy as hell. :wacko:

Sorry to hear about this. Very, very happy that he was unharmed.

I am just going on with my life because I am happy and that is all that matters!!!!

Amen to that!!!!

The Forrester's are sitting here having a glass of wine before bed. David just finished playing in a soccer match, they won, so he feeling good. He attempted to take the written test for the driver's permit last week but missed passing it by two. He was devistated, he is so hard on himself.

Conrats Jamie & Andre I'm so happy for you, you'all so deserve it!!

Welcome back Rhonda and Shemonya, Rhonda we were in Purta Plata (MSp), I kinda got sick myself, we stayed at the Riu last year, the resort was nice, but we were not feelin the Island. Shemonya I'm glad you guys enjoyed yourselves.

I miss Jamacia :crying:

MsQ. congrats on getting your ASO in the mail, I wish I could say the same, we descided to wait until I get off orrientation at my new job so that I can focus on doing it right. Right now I'm am just too busy.

Hey Mrs P. how ya doin?

Welcome Tonika.

Hey Eric.

Congrats Joanna!!!

going to catch up :reading:

Leo failed it the first time too,and of course he was pouting all week.I tell you he was determined to pass the next week.He had a big cheesy smile when he came out of the testing office.

I'm taking a moment to breathe from work (can't catch up) and soccer practice. I wasn't staying out there in the windy cold weather. I hear ya about this crazy weather. I wore shorts yesterday --it was 85 degrees and have long pants and winter coat on today.....nuts !

Rhonda -- alot of my clients have stayed at Secrets (I had a group of 82 people stay there last year and the only complaint that I received was the waves were to big...like "I" had anything to do with that), but I sell tons and tons of Punta Cana. Other popular resorts that I sell alot of is Sunscape and the Iberostar properties--mostly Iberostar Bavaro or Iberostar Dominicana or the RIU properties. I have a small group going to the Ocean Blue in May.

Ann- Our field just got changed today (about 2 hours ago) because the field conditions are unplayable at the original field and now we are playing at Atlee High School #4 on Atlee Station Road in Mechanicsville, but I have to register the team in Glen Allen Friday night and we'll (me and my son) are going to be staying at the Sheraton in Richmond. I got an awesome travel agent rate of $39/night!! The team is staying at the Marriott downtown at $125/night. Being that my son is a guest player, we don't have to stay with the team. Next weekend we'll be in Manassas, but I'll be staying with friends in Lorton/Mason Neck. We have an 8:15am next Sunday, so I'm booking most of the team to spend Saturday night --in the Manassas area.

Are you familiar with where we're playing? We play at 9:30am (playing a team from New Jersey) and 3:30pm (playing a team from North Carolina) on Saturday and Sunday's games depends on how we do on Saturday, so I have no idea on the times yet. This tournament is huge, it's called the Jefferson Cup.

Dag Ten, I hope he's okay !!! That sucks when people feel the need to have to steal a kids bike!! I gotta remind my son alllll of the time to bring his bike in. We live in the front of the apartment...and ya never know.

Kelly

Hey Kelly,

Are you going to JA in April, what date do you know yet?

Hi Ann,

I got a Hyundia Sonata. It is not my Honda which I have always bought. My niece sold me hers because she could not afford it. She is going to college and working. The car drives well and is newer (2006) than my 92 Honda Accord. Trevor should know that good things come to those that wait!

Hope you are having a nice day.

Hey Ann I see you down there. Well I'm off to do more school work.

1/1/05 We met

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

to get to me

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Kelly

Hi Kelly,

I'm not sure where the school is but I live near Mechanicsville. Which Sheraton are you staying at? The Marriott is very close to my house. I used to work next door to it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I was quite surprised and pleased when I checked Air Jamaica for flights from Mobay to Kingston. When I was living in Jamaica and Air Jamaica Express was in operations it was about $160 for a round trip ticket. I just booked Nickiesha a round trip ticket for $122. You'd be lucky to get a taxi for that these days.

The good thing is her flight to the US won't be her first flight.

01/21/2003 Married

I-130 filed August 2003

K-3 filed August 2003

K-3 Approved Dec 2003

01/07/2004 Interview I Denied at embassy (Marijuana detected blood test) Barred 3 years

Move to Jamaica March 2004

I-130 approved (November 2004)

Return to US to try again October 2005

04/07/2006 Interview II The Sequal Told case would be on hold until Jan 8th 2007

02/20/2007 Interview III Told another Physical requred

02/27/2007 3rd physical

03/23/2007 Police report expires

04/03/2007 Interview IV rescheduled due to police report being late

04/19/2007 Interview V They did not put her on the list

US Senators office had to call for them to see her

Finally approved

04/28/1007 Arrive Miami Held up in Immigration misses flight to Indy

Fly to Dallas, then Indy arrive 11pm instead of 3pm

05/10/2007 SS Card arrived

05/12/2007 Welcome to the US letter arrives

05/14/2007 10yr Green Card Arrives

Filed: Timeline
I was quite surprised and pleased when I checked Air Jamaica for flights from Mobay to Kingston. When I was living in Jamaica and Air Jamaica Express was in operations it was about $160 for a round trip ticket. I just booked Nickiesha a round trip ticket for $122. You'd be lucky to get a taxi for that these days.

How long of a flight is it from Mobay to Kingston?

That is a good price.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

How long of a flight is it from Mobay to Kingston?

That is a good price.

30-35 minutes, sure beats a 4+ hour drive.

01/21/2003 Married

I-130 filed August 2003

K-3 filed August 2003

K-3 Approved Dec 2003

01/07/2004 Interview I Denied at embassy (Marijuana detected blood test) Barred 3 years

Move to Jamaica March 2004

I-130 approved (November 2004)

Return to US to try again October 2005

04/07/2006 Interview II The Sequal Told case would be on hold until Jan 8th 2007

02/20/2007 Interview III Told another Physical requred

02/27/2007 3rd physical

03/23/2007 Police report expires

04/03/2007 Interview IV rescheduled due to police report being late

04/19/2007 Interview V They did not put her on the list

US Senators office had to call for them to see her

Finally approved

04/28/1007 Arrive Miami Held up in Immigration misses flight to Indy

Fly to Dallas, then Indy arrive 11pm instead of 3pm

05/10/2007 SS Card arrived

05/12/2007 Welcome to the US letter arrives

05/14/2007 10yr Green Card Arrives

Kelly

Hey Kelly,

I've heard that Secrets is very nice. That one is adults only right? Let me know how Ocean Blue is. I know they're affiliated with Ocean Bavaro (where we stayed) and Ocean Cana. In fact they had reps trying to get us to come and listen/see a presentation at Ocean Blue while we were at Ocean Bavaro! I think it's a pretty new resort but I could be wrong. Anyway, I don't think we'll be going to Punta Cana again. There's too many other places we want to go (Bahama's, Vegas, Disneyworld, Hawaii, etc). And of course we have to go to Jamaica every year to see Tony's family and friends :yes:

You sound so busy with your son's soccer :wacko: I don't know how you do it?!! Wish him luck - sounds like a lot of big games coming up!

That is a good deal Eric :yes: Like you said, it would cost that much for a taxi just about anyways. Has she flown before or will this be her first flight? At least it's nice and short.

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

OMG, ((((((((((((((((((Ten)))))))))))))))))))))), sorry to hear, send Leo my best

I am so sorry to hear this. Please send Leo our best!! (F)

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

I read this in the Detroit newspaper today. It's from a couple who used to be island travel consultants (arranging trips to the Caribbean) and now they spend much of their free time in St. Lucia. I thought it was kinda interesting.

Nine Vacation-enhancing suggestions:

Leave Perfect at home:

The best way to ruin your vacation is to expect it to be perfect. Your attitude will determine how wonderful it turns out.

Expect to have an adventure:

Travel is an adventure and the unexpected often is the best part of a trip.

Get away from the capital:

In many countries, the capital is often the least representative area of the country. Our best experiences generally came in the countryside where the scenery is often dramatic and the people less hurried.

Give yourself an opportunity to meet the people:

Culturally different experiences often produce the best memories. When you get out and about you'll generally find the locals very friendly; they'll help you experience the uniqueness of their lives.

Eat out:The culinary experience is often most ordinary at the hotel. Take a chance and go out to local places, even if you paid for an all-inclusive. Meals at independent restaurants can be truly extraordinary and memorable.

Ask questions:

Sometimes you'll get pat answers but sometimes you'll get amazing information. People love to talk about their lives - let them share it with you. And they're usually proud of their country - encourage them to share its history.

Stay safe:

Don't pick up strangers or let yourself be picked up by strangers. You wouldn't do it at home, don't do it away. It's more difficult to assess people outside your home country, so when in doubt, don't.

Avoid places you wouldn't go at home:

For example, bars late on Saturday night, when drinking is heavy, are not a good idea. Expect a warm reception if you're buying drinks. But trouble may be just the next drink away.

Don't leave your brain at home:

That's what it comes down to - think about what you're doing and keep yourself safe.

Another tip they had was to "keep your sense of humor". "Some of those annoying and unpleasant things become precious stories when you get home".

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

34z0pck.jpg

Where is everybody today? I'm lonely and bored :crying::wacko:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

34z0pck.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.