aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Sorry as you can see I am very bored....and of course I am at work and have nothing better to do then sit on the internet. Hope everyone else is having a more exciting day then I am!!! :whistle:

Johanna I think we have you beat in my office we are throwing balls to one another like a bunch of clowns.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline
Sorry as you can see I am very bored....and of course I am at work and have nothing better to do then sit on the internet. Hope everyone else is having a more exciting day then I am!!! :whistle:

Johanna I think we have you beat in my office we are throwing balls to one another like a bunch of clowns.

I think we would be doing that also, if we had some balls to throw....I am thinking a nap sounds nice :whistle:

10/25/2005 - I-129F packet mailed to TSC

11/03/2005 - NOA 1 from CSC

11/07/2005 - Check cashed

02/03/2006 - NOA2 by e-mail

05/03/2006 - Leave for Jamaica

05/09/2006 - Interview "VISA APPROVED"

05/15/2006 - Return from Jamaica

05/22/2006 - Called off the wedding and Adrian left

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I think we would be doing that also, if we had some balls to throw....I am thinking a nap sounds nice :whistle:

Hello Everyone!

I am enjoying a quiet afternoon with my husband. We went to a party last night but I was driving so we came home early. It was like a Jamaican party really. The music, dancing and food was delicious. The weather is beautiful--like a spring day with the birds chirping and sweet breeze.

Anthony will be registering for class tomorrow and I will be finalyzing my car purchase on Monday or Tuesday.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Congratulations to Jamie on the AOS interview and EAD card!

Hello Everyone!

I am enjoying a quiet afternoon with my husband. We went to a party last night but I was driving so we came home early. It was like a Jamaican party really. The music, dancing and food was delicious. The weather is beautiful--like a spring day with the birds chirping and sweet breeze.

Anthony will be registering for class tomorrow and I will be finalyzing my car purchase on Monday or Tuesday.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Congratulations to Jamie on the AOS interview and EAD card!

Hi Woogietail. How are things going with you and Trevor? Have you filed papers yet?

Joanna,

I posted this question on the K-1 forum too. One poster got their EAD in less than 60 days, so it worked out well for them. They did get married shortly after entering though so for someone who waits toward the end of the 90 days I'm wondering if there would be a lapse? I thought I remembered reading that the regional offices, we have one in Hartford, will issue temporary interim EAD's until the permanent one came??? Even so; as you said temporary working for a couple of months is better than not working at all. Since I live in CT; JFK is not really that much of an inconvenience to me.

Michele

Yes Michele, I saw your post on the K-1 forum.

If Adrian could get some type of temp job that would be better then nothing, I am so worried about him coming here and sitting around the house for 3-4 months and not being able to do anything and being bored to death. I have already checked into GED prep classes so that will keep him busy for a little bit, but he really wants to work when he gets here....If we get an interview in May he will come here within a week of getting his visa and then we are going to try to have the wedding July 9th. and then send in AOS and EAD as soon as possible.

So Michele, how are things with your other half? I see you are going for a visit soon...are you going to file when you get back? or are ya'll going to wait a while longer? Good luck with everything

Joanna

I flew Anthony in to JFK and got the stamp. He got a job as a car salesperson and it lasped. We got married two months after he arrived. We have filed for AOS and EAD and are waiting. It helped us because Anthony has two children in Jamaica to support. I wish they had a law that could extend the temporary work authorization to last until the EAD is processed but then I'm not making the laws governing immigration but it sure makes sense to help marriages and families to reunite sooner.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Joanna,

How did things turn out with that big fire you mentioned yesterday?

Lee

July 4, 2006: Married

October 7, 2006: AOS Packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx (I-485, I-130, I-765)

October 10, 2006: Package reived in Chicago

October 23, 2006: Checks cashed

November 1, 2006: I-130 and I-765 touched

November 2, 2006: I-485 touched--email notification about RFE letter on the way.

December 2006: Biometrics

January 2007: EAD Card

July 10, 2007 @ 9 a.m.--AOS Interview in West Palm Beach, FL...APPROVED!!!

I flew Anthony in to JFK and got the stamp. He got a job as a car salesperson and it lasped. We got married two months after he arrived. We have filed for AOS and EAD and are waiting. It helped us because Anthony has two children in Jamaica to support. I wish they had a law that could extend the temporary work authorization to last until the EAD is processed but then I'm not making the laws governing immigration but it sure makes sense to help marriages and families to reunite sooner.

Yeah, you'd think...I thought that I read somewhere that you could extend it but I can't find it in anything "legal" that says that an interim one can be issued. It's ridiculous to have to quit a decent job because they can't extend the temporary EAD. Those laws just don't make any sense :wacko:

Hello Everyone!

Sounds like you had a great weekend Ann. Congratulations on the new car. What class in Anthony taking?

Joanna,

Lee

A big mess...no houses were damaged but we lost a fire truck. We had another fire truck stay out there all night to make sure it didnt flare up again.

But right now we are working another brush fire that was endangering a gas station, but they now have it under control.

I really wish it would rain soooooon...it is so dry here.

Joanna

10/25/2005 - I-129F packet mailed to TSC

11/03/2005 - NOA 1 from CSC

11/07/2005 - Check cashed

02/03/2006 - NOA2 by e-mail

05/03/2006 - Leave for Jamaica

05/09/2006 - Interview "VISA APPROVED"

05/15/2006 - Return from Jamaica

05/22/2006 - Called off the wedding and Adrian left

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Joanna,

Lee

A big mess...no houses were damaged but we lost a fire truck. We had another fire truck stay out there all night to make sure it didnt flare up again.

But right now we are working another brush fire that was endangering a gas station, but they now have it under control.

I really wish it would rain soooooon...it is so dry here.

Joanna

I was just wondering. Thank God no one was hurt or no homes damaged. I sure hope the current brush fire burns out before reaching the gas station. We know what type of problem that would be. :o

Lee

July 4, 2006: Married

October 7, 2006: AOS Packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx (I-485, I-130, I-765)

October 10, 2006: Package reived in Chicago

October 23, 2006: Checks cashed

November 1, 2006: I-130 and I-765 touched

November 2, 2006: I-485 touched--email notification about RFE letter on the way.

December 2006: Biometrics

January 2007: EAD Card

July 10, 2007 @ 9 a.m.--AOS Interview in West Palm Beach, FL...APPROVED!!!

Timeline

Yeah, you'd think...I thought that I read somewhere that you could extend it but I can't find it in anything "legal" that says that an interim one can be issued. It's ridiculous to have to quit a decent job because they can't extend the temporary EAD. Those laws just don't make any sense :wacko:

Hello Everyone!

Sounds like you had a great weekend Ann. Congratulations on the new car. What class in Anthony taking?

I'm trying to get him to enroll in the advanced GED class. He took the pre-test and they told him he could take the test but he wants to brush up on algebra before he takes nursing classes.

Timeline
Just to give you guys a little update:Leo passed his poker class.He should recieve his certificate tomorrow.

He also got his permit a few weeks ago.He is doing very well with the driving.

On another note his daughter has been very sick,which has been stressful for us.Please keep us in your prayers.

Good news from Leo on the poker class and driving license.! Every success keep us going. We hope his daughter gets well soon and we are sending up a special prayer for your family.

Timeline

Jus checking in. We had our 1st out-of-state soccer tournament in Virginia this weekend and the weather was absolutely beautiful. Our team didn't do so bad, considering we have 5 new players on our team. My son played in 6 games because our coach needed him as a guest player for our other team and we are both exhausted running around all part of Virginia all weekend. I took a nap when I got home and here it is

1 am and I can't sleep !

Congrat to everyone on their continuing cases, marriages, pregnancies, etc and to those that are in need of prayer...my thoughts are with you.

Rhonda that stinks that you guys got sick. I can't remember which hotel you stayed in, but I know it's was one that I've never sold to any clients before. What makes people sick in the Dominican Republic and Mexico is the water. You cannot even brush your teeth with it. Bottled water for everything !! The beaches are beautiful and the food was outstanding where we've stayed. Yes it's a spanish speaking country and there are some hotels that "cater" to the spanish speaking, not Americans. Punta Cana is the most requested destination that I sell, then Las Vegas.

I'm hoping and praying to head to Jamaica next month....just depends on our darn soccer schedule because we may be playing in yet another tournament. We have tournaments in Richmond Virginia and Manassas the next 2 weekends.

Have a great week everyone !

Kelly :D

WE GOT OUR AOS INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Today was a great day!!! :dance::dance: In the mailbox was Andre's work authorization card and our appointment letter for our AOS interview on April 27th! Just a month and a half away...all in all it has only taken about 4 months for this whole AOS process...so much faster than I originally thought. The craziest part is that our interview is on the 27th...everything happens on the 27th...we started dating, we got married, its andre's birthday and so much else is on the 27th...its got to be a good sign :yes: Well I thought I would share the good news with you all. Hope you all are having a great weekend.

Catch back up with everyone on Monday!!!

CONGRATULATIONS Jamie & Andre :dance: See, it all works out eventually. You'll have the GC before you know it :yes:

OK IT WORKED I AM PLATINUM NOW WWWAAAAHHHOOO yes i am a dork

That's because you chat too much :P:lol:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

ohhhh i miss you guys soooooo much. with these two kids (jayden & richie) and trying to move to another state it has been hard. hope all is well

3dflagsdotcom_jamai_2fawm.gif RICHIE 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif GEORGIA (born and raised jamaican, living in NYC)

What rocks my world may feel like a rock in your shoe!

10/16/05 - Birth of my son
11/24/05 - Arrival! EAD issued@JFK)
12/08/05 - Applied for SS #
(In system but visa category incorrect, manual verification required. Told it takes 3-4weeks)
12/10/05 - G's Birthday
12/11/05 - Wedding Day
12/12/05 - R"s Birthday
12/19/05 - SS card comes in the mail!
03/16/06 - AOS, EAD & AP recieved by Chicago Lockbox
03/20/06 - Recieved NOA1 for AOS & EAD. Rejection notice issued for AP(my fault)
03/21/06 - Resubmit AP with correct application type checked off
03/27/06 - Recieved NOA1 for AP.

04/05/06 - Biometrics App.
05/16/06 - Advanced Parole Approved
05/26/06 - EAD Approved
06/21/06 - Richie recieved learner's permit
08/16/06 - AOS Interview(waiting on FBI clearance)
01/08/07 - Conditional Green Card received

Pls Note: My immigration knowledge is limited at best, so take it as a grain of salt.

Rhonda that stinks that you guys got sick. I can't remember which hotel you stayed in, but I know it's was one that I've never sold to any clients before. What makes people sick in the Dominican Republic and Mexico is the water. You cannot even brush your teeth with it. Bottled water for everything !! The beaches are beautiful and the food was outstanding where we've stayed. Yes it's a spanish speaking country and there are some hotels that "cater" to the spanish speaking, not Americans. Punta Cana is the most requested destination that I sell, then Las Vegas.

Kelly,

We stayed at Ocean Bavaro Spa & Beach Resort. It's supposed to be a 4 star. Except for the food/water issues, everything else was great. We didn't touch any of the tap water - yes, we even brushed out teeth w/ bottled water! - but still got sick. I really think it was the food. Also, there weren't really a lot of Spanish speaking people staying there - there were a lot of French though both from France & Canada. Language wasn't really a problem as the key hotel workers spoke 4 or 5 languages :yes: Where do you mostly send travelers who are going to Punta Cana? What resorts are the most popular? I don't think we'll be going there again though :no: There are too many other places I'd rather visit and of course our annual trip to Jamaica :D

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
WE GOT OUR AOS INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Today was a great day!!! :dance::dance: In the mailbox was Andre's work authorization card and our appointment letter for our AOS interview on April 27th! Just a month and a half away...all in all it has only taken about 4 months for this whole AOS process...so much faster than I originally thought. The craziest part is that our interview is on the 27th...everything happens on the 27th...we started dating, we got married, its andre's birthday and so much else is on the 27th...its got to be a good sign :yes: Well I thought I would share the good news with you all. Hope you all are having a great weekend.

Catch back up with everyone on Monday!!!

Congrats :dance:

Good morning everyone.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.