aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I know we've talked about this before....BUT....

does anyone have families that are just not going to accept your relationship?

My family is giving me hell right now. totally disrespecting my situation. they are confused about my future with him. How will he be able to contribute? what type of work does he do? his education, or lack thereof? it's awful. we've been fighting for days. i'm supposed to have a big chat with my parents this weekend and work on somethings...

anyone feel me?

That's hard Doodle, I feel for you. I know my family has the same concerns, but they are not vocal about it at all. Getting there is hard - but someday they are bound to see how happy you both are. The rest doesn't matter.

:yes:

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In my first marriage I was married to a well-educated successful man; I had a beautiful home, was gifted lavishly and traveled extensively. My fiance is uneducated, poor and doesn't have a pot to...(well you know).

My family and friends know that I get offers from men now who have a lot more to offer me. I know that when my fiance comes here that it will be a struggle;whereas I am living comfortably now. My family and friends think I'm choosing "beneath me". What I do know is that I have never felt as much love from a man as this. To me, I am rich.

Everyone have a good weekend.

Michele (F)

Edited by Jamaica to CT

Goodmorning,

I am at work bright and early this morning...I hope everyone has a good weekend..

Adrians DS230 form was delivered to the Embassy via fedex at 5:20pm yesterday, so hopefully Monday they will start to process our case and begin to assign an interview date. Still crossing my fingers for an early May interview.

until later, Joanna

10/25/2005 - I-129F packet mailed to TSC

11/03/2005 - NOA 1 from CSC

11/07/2005 - Check cashed

02/03/2006 - NOA2 by e-mail

05/03/2006 - Leave for Jamaica

05/09/2006 - Interview "VISA APPROVED"

05/15/2006 - Return from Jamaica

05/22/2006 - Called off the wedding and Adrian left

Goodmorning,

I am at work bright and early this morning...I hope everyone has a good weekend..

Adrians DS230 form was delivered to the Embassy via fedex at 5:20pm yesterday, so hopefully Monday they will start to process our case and begin to assign an interview date. Still crossing my fingers for an early May interview.

until later, Joanna

Good Saturday morning,

:thumbs: - an early May interview would be great!

I'm curious since Adrian's working on a cruise ship will he be able to just quit to take care of his business like his medical and police report? Don't they have work contract's? How does that work if he has to leave before his contract is up?

Have a good weekend.

Michele

For those starting or in the midst of the visa process:

Here's a link for the reciprocity schedule for the Jamaican embassy. On the bottom of the report it shows where to apply for birth certificates and police records and other requirements. Keep in mind that this embassy seems to change it's requirements often and this is just a guide to get you started. Please find out directly from the embassy what their current requirements are and follow all of the embassy's requirements that you receive in your packets. Here's the link:Jamaican Recoprocity Schedule

Also please note that the link above does not have information on the certificate of no impediment to marriage (not sure if this is the legal name of the certificate) that is now required. Here's information that Tracy8296 posted on this new requirement: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=842

Michele

Goodmorning,

until later, Joanna

Good Saturday morning,

:thumbs: - an early May interview would be great!

I'm curious since Adrian's working on a cruise ship will he be able to just quit to take care of his business like his medical and police report? Don't they have work contract's? How does that work if he has to leave before his contract is up?

Have a good weekend.

Michele

Hey Michele,

About him working on the cruise ship, yes he has a contract and it ends in July but we have been talking, at first he was just going to take emergency vacation and go back to JA and when he got the K-1 visa he was just going to resign from the ship, that way he will keep his job in case things dont work out....But now we have decided that he is just going to quit and return to JA 2-3 weeks before the interview to take care of the police, medical and other things he needs to take care of...We are very hopeful that everything will work out and he will get the visa, I have everything in order and I will be going down to attend the interview with him.

Nothing much the cruise line can do if someone just wants to up and quit, we were worried that he would have to buy his plane ticket back to JA, but one of his friends just quit and told the ship that he had no money, so they paid for his flight back to his home country.

Joanna

For those starting or in the midst of the visa process:

Here's a link for the reciprocity schedule for the Jamaican embassy. On the bottom of the report it shows where to apply for birth certificates and police records and other requirements. Keep in mind that this embassy seems to change it's requirements often and this is just a guide to get you started. Please find out directly from the embassy what their current requirements are and follow all of the embassy's requirements that you receive in your packets. Here's the link:Jamaican Recoprocity Schedule

Also please note that the link above does not have information on the certificate of no impediment to marriage (not sure if this is the legal name of the certificate) that is now required. Here's information that Tracy8296 posted on this new requirement: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=842

Michele

Michele,

Your link to the Jamaican Recoprocity Schedule ..didnt work?? I would like to see it.

and yes the legal name is the Non-Impediment to Marriage Cert.

Edited by jkb919

Ok let's try this again-

Here's a link for the reciprocity schedule for the Jamaican embassy. On the bottom of the report it shows where to apply for birth certificates and police records and other requirements. Keep in mind that this embassy seems to change it's requirements often and this is just a guide to get you started. Please find out directly from the embassy what their current requirements are and follow all of the embassy's requirements that you receive in your packets. Here's the link:Jamaican Reciprocity Schedule or directly at:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/reciprocity/C...r/J/Jamaica.htm

Michele

Good morning everyone :star: Well, actually it's good afternoon :lol: It's a lazy day for me today. I slept in and got some much needed rest. Now I'm doing laundry and straightening up the house.

Joanna - hoping for a May interview date for you guys :thumbs: Hopefully you'll find out soon.

What's everyone else up to today?

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Oh my goodness what a day I have had....I still have 3 hours at work left....we just had a major brush fire in a residential area that we sent over 25 trucks to and one of the firetrucks got stuck in the middle of it and caught fire :unsure::whistle: ... The firefighter that was driving it is going to be in BIG trouble for burning up the truck :whistle: ... It is so dry here in Florida and we have had a couple brush fires that keep flaring up..."glad I dont live in a wooded area" :no:

Anyway Hope everyone is having a calmer day then I am!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

WE GOT OUR AOS INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Today was a great day!!! :dance::dance: In the mailbox was Andre's work authorization card and our appointment letter for our AOS interview on April 27th! Just a month and a half away...all in all it has only taken about 4 months for this whole AOS process...so much faster than I originally thought. The craziest part is that our interview is on the 27th...everything happens on the 27th...we started dating, we got married, its andre's birthday and so much else is on the 27th...its got to be a good sign :yes: Well I thought I would share the good news with you all. Hope you all are having a great weekend.

Catch back up with everyone on Monday!!!

Today was a great day!!! :dance::dance: In the mailbox was Andre's work authorization card and our appointment letter for our AOS interview on April 27th! Just a month and a half away...all in all it has only taken about 4 months for this whole AOS process...so much faster than I originally thought. The craziest part is that our interview is on the 27th...everything happens on the 27th...we started dating, we got married, its andre's birthday and so much else is on the 27th...its got to be a good sign :yes: Well I thought I would share the good news with you all. Hope you all are having a great weekend.

:dance:WWWWAAAAHHHHOOOOO Congrats Jamie and Andre!!!! I am sooooo happy for you guys!! :dance:

:thumbs: Congratulations Andre and Jamie!!! :dance::dance:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Jamie,

You and Andre are almost there...CONGRATS!!!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Lee

July 4, 2006: Married

October 7, 2006: AOS Packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx (I-485, I-130, I-765)

October 10, 2006: Package reived in Chicago

October 23, 2006: Checks cashed

November 1, 2006: I-130 and I-765 touched

November 2, 2006: I-485 touched--email notification about RFE letter on the way.

December 2006: Biometrics

January 2007: EAD Card

July 10, 2007 @ 9 a.m.--AOS Interview in West Palm Beach, FL...APPROVED!!!

For those whose POE was JFK where a temp EAD was issued, was it effectual? Were you or your SO able to get a job during that 90 days time frame? More importantly after it expired in 90 days were you able to extend or get another interim EAD until the permanent one came in?

Michele

For those whose POE was JFK where a temp EAD was issued, was it effectual? Were you or your SO able to get a job during that 90 days time frame? More importantly after it expired in 90 days were you able to extend or get another interim EAD until the permanent one came in?

Michele

Good question Michele, I was kinda wondering the same thing...I am going to fly Adrian up to JFK and then back down to Orlando, just to get the temp work permit. I figured a lot of the theme parks here hire seasonal employees so maybe he could get a job on the temp permit as a seasonal employee for the summer and then get something else when he gets the perm. work permit.

I know a most people say that it is not worth it to get the temp stamp since it is only valid for 90 days, but if Adrian can get a job as a seasonal employee for a couple months that would be great...It would be worth it.

I think there are only a couple of people on the Yardie thread that went through JFK....but to any of those that did, Is there any way I could see (maybe scan) what the temp. stamp looks like?? I am not sure if I will just fly right back to Orlando or fly with Adrian up to JFK and I want him to know what the stamp looks like so he can make sure he gets it, if he flies up there by himself. I am not worried about him going through immigration at the airport by himself, since working on the ship he has had to go through several times on his C-1 (crewmember) visa...so he has experience with immigration at the airports.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!!

Joanna

Edited by jkb919

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.