aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yeah :dance::dance: the site is back- been down since after 2:15 wow- :crying::crying::crying:

Good news :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: I got my I797C.

I htought the reciept number would be VSC- ##-###-##### it is not it is EAC- ##-###-#####. I got my notice yeah.

I thought something was wrong with my computer. Glad to know it wasn't just me. I needed to hear some good news. Congratulations on your good news. I have to pay federal and state taxes UGH! I need my hubby to get an EAD or AOS pronto. Last year it was just state.

Yeah :dance::dance: the site is back- been down since after 2:15 wow- :crying::crying::crying:

I htought the reciept number would be VSC- ##-###-##### it is not it is EAC- ##-###-#####. I got my notice yeah.

I thought something was wrong with my computer. Glad to know it wasn't just me. I needed to hear some good news. Congratulations on your good news. I have to pay federal and state taxes UGH! I need my hubby to get an EAD or AOS pronto. Last year it was just state.

Has anyone heard from Eric? I have not read all the forum. Woggie, are you still planning on going to DC?

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:ot::ot::help::help:

Any comments will help.

Lately I find when I have to leave the kids home with David, they run over him. in other words are not obeying his orders, for instance if he tells them ( mainly my 12 year old daughter) to clean their room ,take a bath, wash dishes ect. esp after they have been to see their Father. David and I had a conversation this morning and he basically said that he doesn't feel comfortable living in a house where the children do not mind :huh: . For the most part my children fear me and will do what I ask the second or third time at least :wacko: I'm not sure what I'm asking, but I don't want to be too hard on my children because I feel that they have gone through a lot in the past few months, Right now I feel like hanging the oldest one cause she just doesn't listen. I told her to clean the kitchen before I left for work, he told her again, again her excuse was she needed to do her homework, the same homework that she told me was complete before I left. So David is saying that he is backing off because he doesn't want confrontation form their father, he feels that he must be telling them not to obey him as it happens, like a said when they have been around him. I just want everyone to get along. It's not so bad for the boys, they are okay for the most part, but the other day my three year old said, "Jeffrey didn't have a home and now he dose", I'm like where did that come from?? I love this man so much, he is trying so hard and I want my children to see him for the man that their father is not. :(:( I don't like to see him hurting because of this, I feel like I'm protecting them from each other. I think it's beginning to affect how he treats my children, the same day he caught my daughter rolling her eyes, he told her not to look at him like that, that he has a daughter as old as she and she doesn't disrespect him like that and neither would she. :crying: I say nothing a pray that this will pass, but it keeps coming up...Anyways this is getting long, I think ya'll know where I'm coming from.I was open to any suggestions or comments anyone may or may not have. Things were going so good, I'm sure that it will pass but it scared me when he said he not comfortable, well, how do you think I feel :unsure:

I agree with Jonesie, but I think that you need to talk with David to and have him clarify what he meant and what he intends to do about it. Things like this take time, a lot of time and patience. All kids are not the same and he needs to understand this. kids are creatures of habit and when you throw something new into the mix, it takes time for them to adjust. Who knows what their father is telling them. Give it some time, talk to your kids and if time doesn't seem to be the answer, go see a counselor, therapist, or your pastor. We'll always be here to talk to also.

Has anyone heard from Eric? I have not read all the forum. Woggie, are you still planning on going to DC?

Yes, but I won't get there till Monday, my Mom expects all of us to be around on Easter Sunday. Plus I have to board my dogs and less amount of days, the less amount of money. Will you still be there on Monday.

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

Timeline
:ot::ot::help::help:

Any comments will help.

Lately I find when I have to leave the kids home with David, they run over him. in other words are not obeying his orders, for instance if he tells them ( mainly my 12 year old daughter) to clean their room ,take a bath, wash dishes ect. esp after they have been to see their Father. David and I had a conversation this morning and he basically said that he doesn't feel comfortable living in a house where the children do not mind :huh: . For the most part my children fear me and will do what I ask the second or third time at least :wacko: I'm not sure what I'm asking, but I don't want to be too hard on my children because I feel that they have gone through a lot in the past few months, Right now I feel like hanging the oldest one cause she just doesn't listen. I told her to clean the kitchen before I left for work, he told her again, again her excuse was she needed to do her homework, the same homework that she told me was complete before I left. So David is saying that he is backing off because he doesn't want confrontation form their father, he feels that he must be telling them not to obey him as it happens, like a said when they have been around him. I just want everyone to get along. It's not so bad for the boys, they are okay for the most part, but the other day my three year old said, "Jeffrey didn't have a home and now he dose", I'm like where did that come from?? I love this man so much, he is trying so hard and I want my children to see him for the man that their father is not. :(:( I don't like to see him hurting because of this, I feel like I'm protecting them from each other. I think it's beginning to affect how he treats my children, the same day he caught my daughter rolling her eyes, he told her not to look at him like that, that he has a daughter as old as she and she doesn't disrespect him like that and neither would she. :crying: I say nothing a pray that this will pass, but it keeps coming up...Anyways this is getting long, I think ya'll know where I'm coming from.I was open to any suggestions or comments anyone may or may not have. Things were going so good, I'm sure that it will pass but it scared me when he said he not comfortable, well, how do you think I feel :unsure:

Dee, don't worry to much....trust me it's the age!!! My son is 12 1/2 and does NOT listen or follow directions. Ya gotta jack her (them) up a bit and put your foot down. Have a heart to heart...maybe girls day out and then maybe a "family meeting" of how to respect and what to expect. Keeping the lines of communication open are key....but seriously, this too shall pass. I wish it would pass SOON !! This age is killin me right now.

Keep your chin up :thumbs: - I know for a fact that I'll go through the same thing. :(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats :dance::dance:

Dee - I agree with the others, sounds like your daughter needs some one-on-one from you. Lay it out for her that this is how life is going to be so all of you have to make the best of it, and see if there is anything you can do to make that change easier for her. This transition is hard for adults, I can't imagine what the kids are thinking/going through.

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

One Year From Now:

I want to meet my healthy baby boy :luv: , I want Michael to be at a job he enjoys - I don't care about money at this point, I just want him to like his job, and I want to get through our Jamaica wedding and have some fun, then get us all calmed down and settled in as we enjoy our new family.

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We'll we still talking about that. He's always saying says...."I chat to much". :P I was really interested in Eric's latest story and see if he go approved and or what they said to him. Otherwise, more phone bills that are insane and more travel to Jamaica. Just not as much since I have the house now. The K1 or K3 route is still up in the air. Thats why I put that poll on the yahoo site. I'm leaning towards getting married down there sometime. But then again....we still chattin about that. ;) We got nothing but time. Thanks to him..... :bonk:

Hypothetically - So if you get married now in JA and file for him late 2006 - mid 2007, come 2008 once you get approved he should be able to come over right?

Yep....that's my hypothetical plan! :yes:

We'll we still talking about that. He's always saying says...."I chat to much". :P I was really interested in Eric's latest story and see if he go approved and or what they said to him. Otherwise, more phone bills that are insane and more travel to Jamaica. Just not as much since I have the house now. The K1 or K3 route is still up in the air. Thats why I put that poll on the yahoo site. I'm leaning towards getting married down there sometime. But then again....we still chattin about that. ;) We got nothing but time. Thanks to him..... :bonk:

Jill

Did you have a change of heart? I thought you had called off the entire Jamaica thing and decided to "move on" with your life? :whistle: I don't know how you can do it. I wouldn't be able to. LDR are too hard. I couldn't do it for 3 years. :no:

Speaking of Eric, it's cruel and unusual punishment to keep us waiting so long for details on how it went :P

Well....lets just say....we've had a rocky road since the denial in April 2005. We've been on again-off again since then. Each time I go down there and we spend time together...all the feelings rush back and it feels right. My financial situation has changed a ton...since the purchase of my home in December 2005 and my ex-husband lost his job the past 10 months...I was taking care of the full financial load of the kids and a mortgage payment!! So, needless to say its much MUCH harder to have a LDR now more than ever. But time has flown by and we still "chattin". So who knows....only time will tell. I'll keep you all posted!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yeah :dance::dance: the site is back- been down since after 2:15 wow-

Me too...I couldn't figure out what was wrong!

Congrats on your I797!!! Any step in the process is worth a celebration :dance:

Good Morning everyone!

Sorry I screwed that up...this new system is confusing sometimes!

Edited by Jme3584

Filed: Other Timeline

Thank you you all for the replies.

We have talked about several times and for the most part my little ones are fine. I never ignore it when it comes up I do correct them if I see anything, I know it takes time, but I want it to stop. After finally getting my daughter to talk to me yesterday. Kelly you are right I am sure that most of this because of her age. She feels that the break up was all my fault, she feels sorry for for her father blah, blah...He lives in a one bed room blah blah..He trying blah working, he misses you blah blah. He's wroking blah blah. David feels that I sugar coat things when it comes to her so I told her flat out why I left, how things are and how things are going to be. Again that disrespect will not tolerated. David states that he is "uncomfortable" telling her what to do and she rolls her eyes ect. and not to over react he just won't discipline her at all. He assure me that he is not going any where but doesn't want to say anything that her father will overreact to. I have given him acceptable ways to discipline her if I am not there to deal with her and she know what they are. Have no problem with him discipline the other two, He even spanks the smallest one, she has the nerve to tell me she feels the he should not be hitting him, I put her in her place right away. :angry: So I think we made lots of progress yesterday :yes:

Something David said did that kind of bothered me. When my daughter said that her father was working and "trying to help" so to speak he laughed, you know, to show disbelief calling her father a workless mon bela, bela well my daughter started crying even more. I tried to tell him that this did not help the situation at all. :unsure: In Ja we do this blah and blah. We don't allow out chidren to blah blah, I would have knocked my daughter on her backside by now blah blah :unsure: My daughter has never been a problem child and hasn't gotten very many spankings ect. so I don't feel comfortable breaking out the belt now and beating them (her) for every thing....hopefully our family talk helped :huh: I will continue to pray about it, It will one day pass.

Sorry so longs thanks again for the replies.

:ot2: How do you track your AOS online ;)

Edited by Dee&Dav

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Filed: Timeline
Hey Joanna...how is your dog doing?

He is doing better, he is still at my mom and dads house and mom said the his wound is healing very well, I have to work tonight and tomorrow night and I will go pick him up Sunday morning when I get off work...He is living like he is KING of the house over there..they feed him everything and he has a yard to run in...but mom says that he keeps running outside the front door like he is looking for my car... I miss him :yes: it is very quiet around my house with out his barking at every noise he hears, but it was best for him to stay at my parents house so they could give him his meds.

Anyway, Tenika and Rohans interview was yesterday!! I cannot wait to hear how it went!!!!

Adrian is leaving the ship Monday and returning to JA to get things done before the interview and then I will be there May 7th...I cannot wait to see him again and start our life together.

I cannot wait to hear from Eric...I am having a feeling that things didnt go so well now since he has not let us know what is up??? Hope him and his wife are doing well (L)

10/25/2005 - I-129F packet mailed to TSC

11/03/2005 - NOA 1 from CSC

11/07/2005 - Check cashed

02/03/2006 - NOA2 by e-mail

05/03/2006 - Leave for Jamaica

05/09/2006 - Interview "VISA APPROVED"

05/15/2006 - Return from Jamaica

05/22/2006 - Called off the wedding and Adrian left

Timeline

We have talked about several times and for the most part my little ones are fine. I never ignore it when it comes up I do correct them if I see anything, I know it takes time, but I want it to stop. After finally getting my daughter to talk to me yesterday. Kelly you are right I am sure that most of this because of her age. She feels that the break up was all my fault, she feels sorry for for her father blah, blah...He lives in a one bed room blah blah..He trying blah working, he misses you blah blah. He's wroking blah blah. David feels that I sugar coat things when it comes to her so I told her flat out why I left, how things are and how things are going to be. Again that disrespect will not tolerated. David states that he is "uncomfortable" telling her what to do and she rolls her eyes ect. and not to over react he just won't discipline her at all. He assure me that he is not going any where but doesn't want to say anything that her father will overreact to. I have given him acceptable ways to discipline her if I am not there to deal with her and she know what they are. Have no problem with him discipline the other two, He even spanks the smallest one, she has the nerve to tell me she feels the he should not be hitting him, I put her in her place right away. :angry: So I think we made lots of progress yesterday :yes:

Something David said did that kind of bothered me. When my daughter said that her father was working and "trying to help" so to speak he laughed, you know, to show disbelief calling her father a workless mon bela, bela well my daughter started crying even more. I tried to tell him that this did not help the situation at all. :unsure: In Ja we do this blah and blah. We don't allow out chidren to blah blah, I would have knocked my daughter on her backside by now blah blah :unsure: My daughter has never been a problem child and hasn't gotten very many spankings ect. so I don't feel comfortable breaking out the belt now and beating them (her) for every thing....hopefully our family talk helped :huh: I will continue to pray about it, It will one day pass.

(((DEE))) Like you said...keep praying, it will get better with time.

You track your AOS online just like you did the K1...go to uscis.gov and enter your case number into the system.

Hey Joanna...how is your dog doing?

He is doing better, he is still at my mom and dads house and mom said the his wound is healing very well, I have to work tonight and tomorrow night and I will go pick him up Sunday morning when I get off work...He is living like he is KING of the house over there..they feed him everything and he has a yard to run in...but mom says that he keeps running outside the front door like he is looking for my car... I miss him :yes: it is very quiet around my house with out his barking at every noise he hears, but it was best for him to stay at my parents house so they could give him his meds.

Anyway, Tenika and Rohans interview was yesterday!! I cannot wait to hear how it went!!!!

Adrian is leaving the ship Monday and returning to JA to get things done before the interview and then I will be there May 7th...I cannot wait to see him again and start our life together.

I cannot wait to hear from Eric...I am having a feeling that things didnt go so well now since he has not let us know what is up??? Hope him and his wife are doing well (L)

Glad to hear your dog is doing well. I can't imagine if something were to happen to ours.

I can't wait to hear the good news from Tenika and Rohan :dance: Keeping my fingers crossed.

I am starting to think the same thing about Eric. It has been a week :(:unsure::unsure:

Edited by Jme3584

Timeline

Dee, it will all work out, it truly is JUST a phase and I'm sooooooooooo serious when I say it's the age!!! The pre-teen HORMONAL age is driving me absolutely NUTS!!! I don't spank my son, a swift smack across the back of the head within the last 2 yrs and I can count on 3 fingers how many x that's happened....works! Thank god it's only me and I don't have the back and forth with the sperm donor!! What she really reeeeally needs is a girls day out. Say to her, okay...tomorrow or the next day blah blah we're setting some time for US, me and you, that's it and the days on YOU and commit to it. We can get our nails done or have lunch (or dinner) ...whatever YOU want to do (within reason). My son and I have like "date nights" just mommy and me time (although we're with each other 24/7), but it's just noooooo stress...time to talk, catch up, etc etc. I took him out to dinner last night and we just chatted and chatted. It's nice to re-group every now and them and make THEM feel THAT special. Today he's been such a giggle pot and just having a really really great day. Puts a smile on my face.

For you mommies to be, I wish I could have my little baby back in a heartbeat !!! Once they hit middle school.....dear lord, give us ALL some strength!!!

If you ever need to vent....please feel free to call or email.

Have a great weekend everyone and a safe and wonderful holiday.

Kelly

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats on your NOA2!!! :dance::dance:

I understand where you're coming from Dee and you're correct patience is the key. But at the same time I have to agree w/Dave. However, he didn't have to say that about her father in front of her. When I was growing (and to this day) I could never say certain things to my parents. If my tone was a little high, that was it!!! They would throw me across the room and beat the ####### out of me long time ago. It's all about respect. I remembered seeing other friends w/their parents doing certain things and be like MAN that is a joke. I see the difference in kids all around and know it's about the parents. It will be okay just will take a little time and have faith. It'll be alright.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

Filed: Other Timeline

......What she really reeeeally needs is a girls day out. Say to her, okay...tomorrow or the next day blah blah we're setting some time for US, me and you, that's it and the days on YOU and commit to it.

Kelly

Right again. I haven't had time for much of this, but it will start right away.

I understand where you're coming from Dee and you're correct patience is the key. But at the same time I have to agree w/Dave. However, he didn't have to say that about her father in front of her.

I understand that and He relaizes it now. It will get better :huh: . This is a learning process for us all.

......What she really reeeeally needs is a girls day out. Say to her, okay...tomorrow or the next day blah blah we're setting some time for US, me and you, that's it and the days on YOU and commit to it.

Kelly

Right again. I haven't had time for much of this, but it will start right away.

I understand where you're coming from Dee and you're correct patience is the key. But at the same time I have to agree w/Dave. However, he didn't have to say that about her father in front of her.

I understand that and He relaizes it now. It will get better :huh: . This is a learning process for us all.

I was starting to think the same..about Eric that is. I hope that all is well, and they are busying planning their trip home.

Edited by Dee&Dav

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

Timeline

I understand where you're coming from Dee and you're correct patience is the key. But at the same time I have to agree w/Dave. However, he didn't have to say that about her father in front of her. When I was growing (and to this day) I could never say certain things to my parents. If my tone was a little high, that was it!!! They would throw me across the room and beat the ####### out of me long time ago. It's all about respect. I remembered seeing other friends w/their parents doing certain things and be like MAN that is a joke. I see the difference in kids all around and know it's about the parents. It will be okay just will take a little time and have faith. It'll be alright.

I agree Anna. It's all about respect.

My daughter is almost 14 years old so I can relate. I've been a single mother for many years before Damien came into our life. Damien doesn't have any kids so it was a huge adjustment for all three of us. Our issue was that Damien was more of a friend than a parent to my daughter. It was nice they got along, went places, played games, listened to music together, etc but I didn't think she would ever take him serious if he wanted to put his foot down. Of course I always looked like the bad guy so she would try to play both of us. After many discussions - things are much better now. So whenever he puts his foot down, she listens. They still have a special relationship and she respects him more now.

Dee - everything will eventually work out. Good luck to you.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone :luv: .

Edited by sjb1221

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.