aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I am beyooooooond frustrated. :angry: I had a mini breakdown this morning in front of the Manhattan Federal Building. I had to schedule a 2nd infopass appointment for this morning at 7:45am because yesterday they gave Squito no helpful information and told him that he needs to ask his wife to put a "tracer" (whatever the fluck that means) on the check to prove that it has been cashed. When I relayed that message to my bank representative she simply told me that the person who gave us that info "doesn't know what she's talking about" :blush: I figured.

Anyhoo, so I accompanied Mr. Squito this morning to the infopass appointment. After waiting for damn near half an hour to be called up to the window (it was eerily reminiscent of the infamous Kingston Embassy experience) I showed the immigration officer the two rejection notices, the NOA's that were received, the cancelled checks, etc. He immediately realized the error but was unsure of how to fix it. He sent us upstairs to the 9th floor, to the EAD room. Once there, we waited for another 20 minutes only to be called up by the most idiotic, unhelpful, rude, ugly, nasty demonic immigration officer ever. He wouldn't even allow me to explain my case because he simply looked at the rejection notice and said he cannot help me. I'm like mothereffer you didn't even hear the problem to know that you can't solve it!!! :angry::angry::angry: He pretty much dismissed us. I walked away loudly calling him an a$$hole, everyone in the room could sense my disgust. We want back downstairs to the fellow that send us up to the EAD room. He suggested that I write a new check and save myself the hassle of trying to correct the problem. He figured that it's more time than it's worth to try to solve it and attempted to rationalize my loss my telling me that it's only a $10 difference.

This is soooo not about the money. There is a little something called principal. If it had been my error, I would have had to fix it. But it's their error and I end up paying for the same thing twice. Bastards.... :angry:

On a happier note, Joanna...congrats on the interview date, it'll be here in no time! :)

Darah, congrats on Henry's daughter getting her visa :thumbs:

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Squitto - I'm so sorry you're having so many problems with AOS stuff. That sucks :( Sounds like a bunch of BS to me.

I am miserable here on afternoon shift :crying: I never get to see Tony or any of my friends and family. When I'm at home everyone else is at work and vice versa. Now they tell me I have to work Saturday too :angry: They want me to work Sunday too and I said NO WAY! I need at least one day off out of this Hell hole. I really need to find another job :help:

May 11, 2004 - NOA1

August 9, 2004 - NOA2 APPROVED!!!!

October 1, 2004 - Interview date - Visa APPROVED!!

December 11, 2004 - Wedding! Finally married!

December 30, 2004 - Overnighted AOS, AP, & EAD

February 7, 2005 - Received AP in the mailFebruary 26, 2005 - Fingerprints & Biometrics appointment

March 7, 2005 - Received EAD in the mail

April 4, 2005 - Received notice of interview date for AOS

July 26, 2005 - Interview date for AOS!!!

August 12, 2005 - Received NOA for Permanent Residency

August 15, 2005 - Received Green Card in mail!!

June 4, 2007 - Mailed I-751 form to lift "conditions" - it arrived at NSC on June 6

June 11, 2007 - Check cashed

June 21, 2007 - Received NOA1 and Biometrics appt. letter

July 14, 2007 - Biometrics appt. (after re-scheduling)

April 2, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case was transferred to California!

May 12, 2008 - got an e-mail that our case is APPROVED!!

May 17, 2008 - Received Green Card in the mail! No more Immigration for TEN YEARS!!

December 6, 2007 - Monique Savannah is born!! 6 lbs. 13 oz.

34z0pck.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Okay Eric -- TOO MUCH INFORMATION

:lol::lol::lol:

I am beyooooooond frustrated. :angry: I had a mini breakdown this morning in front of the Manhattan Federal Building. I had to schedule a 2nd infopass appointment for this morning at 7:45am because yesterday they gave Squito no helpful information and told him that he needs to ask his wife to put a "tracer" (whatever the fluck that means) on the check to prove that it has been cashed. When I relayed that message to my bank representative she simply told me that the person who gave us that info "doesn't know what she's talking about" :blush: I figured.

Anyhoo, so I accompanied Mr. Squito this morning to the infopass appointment. After waiting for damn near half an hour to be called up to the window (it was eerily reminiscent of the infamous Kingston Embassy experience) I showed the immigration officer the two rejection notices, the NOA's that were received, the cancelled checks, etc. He immediately realized the error but was unsure of how to fix it. He sent us upstairs to the 9th floor, to the EAD room. Once there, we waited for another 20 minutes only to be called up by the most idiotic, unhelpful, rude, ugly, nasty demonic immigration officer ever. He wouldn't even allow me to explain my case because he simply looked at the rejection notice and said he cannot help me. I'm like mothereffer you didn't even hear the problem to know that you can't solve it!!! :angry::angry::angry: He pretty much dismissed us. I walked away loudly calling him an a$$hole, everyone in the room could sense my disgust. We want back downstairs to the fellow that send us up to the EAD room. He suggested that I write a new check and save myself the hassle of trying to correct the problem. He figured that it's more time than it's worth to try to solve it and attempted to rationalize my loss my telling me that it's only a $10 difference.

This is soooo not about the money. There is a little something called principal. If it had been my error, I would have had to fix it. But it's their error and I end up paying for the same thing twice. Bastards.... :angry:

On a happier note, Joanna...congrats on the interview date, it'll be here in no time! :)

So what ended up happening. Was there no one else you could talk to since the first person realized that it was their mistake????

Oops, sorry didn't read your last timeline entry till just now

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

He wouldn't even allow me to explain my case because he simply looked at the rejection notice and said he cannot help me. I'm like mothereffer you didn't even hear the problem to know that you can't solve it!!! :angry::angry::angry: He pretty much dismissed us. I walked away loudly calling him an a$$hole, everyone in the room could sense my disgust.

Okay, I have heard my share of immigration horror stories. Sorry Squitto -- I believe this one takes the cake. How in the hell can they get away with this? I am stunned beyond belief and really don't know what to say except...:diablo:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Timeline

I don't know the itinerary yet...the Jamaica Tourist Board is sending them out soon. The actual show is in Negril on Apr 25th and I believe we'll have a "free" night that night, but won't know for sure. I'm also going to see if I can extend my trip a day. I'll let you know when I know. I'll also be in Montego Bay, but don't know if that will be the 1st day or the last 2 days? With these travel agent trips, we're doing site inspections of different hotels --so that we can come back and sell the properties. The trips are alot of fun...but you can't beat $199.00 for 3 nights, includes airfare, hotel, transfers, all meals and drinks !!

Okay....Now how do I become a travel agent ;) I actually had a lady call me about starting my own business as a travel agent. I haven't returned her call, maybe I should :P

Well for starters, you need a very large client base that will also provide you referrals. It's a very challenging business--because of the ups and downs and there are down times, at least 2 to 3 a year. I've been in the travel industry for 16 yrs 1/2 years now and a travel agent 11 of those years and have an extremely large *committed* client base and each week I'm getting at least 7-10 referrals from my existing clients. If you ever need any information, I'll be happy to provide it. It's extremely easy to "startup", at least here in Maryland you don't need a business license.

It does have it's perks though !!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That's terrible Ms. S. Sorry to hear USCIS is giving you so many problems already :ranting: .

Congrats Doodle on the tourist visa.

Good morning everyone.

Timeline

Good Morning everyone. Hi Shemonya, I see you there. :luv:

1/1/05 We met

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

to get to me

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Last night my daughter had baby boy, now that it looks like my experience with Immigration is just about over (please, please), I need to get my daughter moving on her's her husband is from Brazil, on some kind of work visa.

It never end's, by the time her's is done, I'll probably be helping the wife on her fathers or someone... It's really never going to end...

01/21/2003 Married

I-130 filed August 2003

K-3 filed August 2003

K-3 Approved Dec 2003

01/07/2004 Interview I Denied at embassy (Marijuana detected blood test) Barred 3 years

Move to Jamaica March 2004

I-130 approved (November 2004)

Return to US to try again October 2005

04/07/2006 Interview II The Sequal Told case would be on hold until Jan 8th 2007

02/20/2007 Interview III Told another Physical requred

02/27/2007 3rd physical

03/23/2007 Police report expires

04/03/2007 Interview IV rescheduled due to police report being late

04/19/2007 Interview V They did not put her on the list

US Senators office had to call for them to see her

Finally approved

04/28/1007 Arrive Miami Held up in Immigration misses flight to Indy

Fly to Dallas, then Indy arrive 11pm instead of 3pm

05/10/2007 SS Card arrived

05/12/2007 Welcome to the US letter arrives

05/14/2007 10yr Green Card Arrives

Timeline
Last night my daughter had baby boy, now that it looks like my experience with Immigration is just about over (please, please), I need to get my daughter moving on her's her husband is from Brazil, on some kind of work visa.

It never end's, by the time her's is done, I'll probably be helping the wife on her fathers or someone... It's really never going to end...

Congrats Granddaddy :D . Is this your first grand. With so much immigration experience maybe you could turn it into a business. Just thinking, with you having a child in the future, your grandchild will be older than his uncle/aunt :lol::lol:

1/1/05 We met

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

to get to me

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Morning everyone. Hi Shemonya, I see you there. :luv:

Good morning. How are you today? When are you coming up this way?

Congrats Eric. We will all be praying for you tomorrow (L)

Timeline

Congrats Granddaddy :D . Is this your first grand. With so much immigration experience maybe you could turn it into a business. Just thinking, with you having a child in the future, your grandchild will be older than his uncle/aunt :lol::lol:

Thanks, This is my third grandchild, first grandson. My granddaughters are 6 years old, one from each of my daughters.

01/21/2003 Married

I-130 filed August 2003

K-3 filed August 2003

K-3 Approved Dec 2003

01/07/2004 Interview I Denied at embassy (Marijuana detected blood test) Barred 3 years

04/07/2006 Interview II The Sequal Told case would be on hold until Jan 8th 2007

02/27/2007 3rd physical

Finally approved

Last night my daughter had baby boy

Congratulations Eric....that's very exciting. The first boy...they are so much fun!!

Good luck tomorrow!! We will all be pulling for you!!! :thumbs:

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks, This is my third grandchild, first grandson. My granddaughters are 6 years old, one from each of my daughters.

Congrats on the grandson!!!

Good luck tomorrow! I'm so anxious to hear the outcome! More than you know!!!!!!

Timeline

Good luck tomorrow! I'm so anxious to hear the outcome! More than you know!!!!!!

I understand, When the I-130 was approved in Nov 2004, I was living in JA, It was December or January when I actually found out it had been approved. I spoke with the embassy then, and they said I could proceed with it, at that point it had only been a year since the denial. Of course I had to return to the US and establish myself again before proceeding. We shall see. It's been long enough...

Edited by eric_drewry

01/21/2003 Married

I-130 filed August 2003

K-3 filed August 2003

K-3 Approved Dec 2003

02/27/2007 3rd physical

Finally approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I understand, When the I-130 was approved in Nov 2004, I was living in JA, It was December or January when I actually found out it had been approved. I spoke with the embassy then, and they said I could proceed with it, at that point it had only been a year since the denial. Of course I had to return to the US and establish myself again before proceeding. We shall see. It's been long enough...

Thanks for the info Eric. Can you tell me...did your wife have to do or complete anything differently during the medical exam this time around? Or was it just like the previous? Did they ask her anything differently?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.