aussiewench

Yardies, at home and a farrin'

5,682 posts in this topic

:thumbs:Congratulations Joanna & Adrian:dance:

It really is about time. May 9th will be here in a blink of an eye!! :dancing:

I requested another month for our case and it was granted. They seem to reply back to my emails quickly? So time is ticking....

Kelly -- These delays must just be killing you. I don't think I could stand it. You know we all wish you the best of luck in whatever you finally decide to do!! :yes:

David misses his Daughter, I guess we will have to start all over and file a different type of visa

Dee -- What exactly are your options? Do you know?

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good morning all. It's so exciting reading all this news. I can't keep up.

I wanted to tell you all that we finally got through to the embassy and got Henry's daughter her tourist visa finally. All of my lobbying finally worked...mom just walked in and asked for the lady and the woman came back with the visa fixed into the passport...no questions asked.

We are so excited! She may even come this August!

See Profile for K-1, AOS and Removing of Conditions Timelines:

Naturalization (N-400):

NOVEMBER 24, 2008 N-400 in the mail!

NOVEMBER 28, 2008 N-400 Arrives

DECEMBER 4, 2008 Check is Cashed!

DECEMBER 10, 2008 NOA1 Received

DECEMBER 16, 2008 NOA2 Received

JANUARY 6, 2009 Fingerprints

FEBRUARY 26, 2009 Interview date recieved

APRIL 8, 2009 Interview

JUNE 12, 2009 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Other Timeline

I wanted to tell you all that we finally got through to the embassy and got Henry's daughter her tourist visa finally. All of my lobbying finally worked...mom just walked in and asked for the lady and the woman came back with the visa fixed into the passport...no questions asked.

:dance::dance: Thats great..maybe she could do some lobbying for us :D

Edited by Dee&Dav

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

What exactly are your options? Do you know?[/color]

Not sure the Embassy replied to my email this moring saying that Tonika(gaurdian) should go to the info window mon to fri between 7:15 to 10Am, to pick up information on DNA testing. Why couldn't they just include the infromation in the email? There is no way that The mother will be able to all the way to the Embassy to pick up information :( I'm sure that this DNA test will cost well over 1000$ by the way :( It will be well worth it if results come to find that she is turely his. It dosen't matter to David, in his heart she is his, but if not it is going to be heartbreaking to his daughter, knowing that her mother has lied to her all these years, and that she had a chance at better oppertunites, that her mother blew it all when she cheated on her father :( Our dealings with the embassy are far from being over :angry:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

THat's great news. I know you must be excited. How old is she?

1/1/05 We met

7/19/05 Trip back to Negril

8/28/05 Trip back to Negril, became engaged

12/31/05 WEDDING!!!!

1/22/06 Still patiently waiting for certified marriage certificate

1/28/06 Trevor finally receives cmc, now let's see how long it takes

to get to me

2/20/06 Received cmc, other problems begin

2/24/06 Sent away for divorce decree from previous marriage

2/25/06 Changed name on passport

2/25/06 Trevor kind of ticked I forgot about divorce decree

3/20/06 Sent off I-130

3/30/06 Received NOA1

4/19/06 Trip to Negril

5/8/06 I-129F Mailed

5/22/06 Received NOA1

7/3/06 Received IMBRA request

7/6/06 Sent off IMBRA request

7/6/06 Received email notice that I130 sent to CSC

7/10/06 I130 touched

7/13/06 129F touched

8/3/06 I129f and I130 APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

What exactly are your options? Do you know?[/color]

Not sure the Embassy replied to my email this moring saying that Tonika(gaurdian) should go to the info window mon to fri between 7:15 to 10Am, to pick up information on DNA testing. Why couldn't they just include the infromation in the email? There is no way that The mother will be able to all the way to the Embassy to pick up information :( I'm sure that this DNA test will cost well over 1000$ by the way :( It will be well worth it if results come to find that she is turely his. It dosen't matter to David, in his heart she is his, but if not it is going to be heartbreaking to his daughter, knowing that her mother has lied to her all these years, and that she had a chance at better oppertunites, that her mother blew it all when she cheated on her father :( Our dealings with the embassy are far from being over :angry:

Medical costs are usually much lower here in JA, I'll be coming back for a Vasectomy reversal at some point. $1500.00 as opposed to $6000-$7000 in the US. All estimates in UD dollars.

01/21/2003 Married

I-130 filed August 2003

K-3 filed August 2003

K-3 Approved Dec 2003

01/07/2004 Interview I Denied at embassy (Marijuana detected blood test) Barred 3 years

Move to Jamaica March 2004

I-130 approved (November 2004)

Return to US to try again October 2005

04/07/2006 Interview II The Sequal Told case would be on hold until Jan 8th 2007

02/20/2007 Interview III Told another Physical requred

02/27/2007 3rd physical

03/23/2007 Police report expires

04/03/2007 Interview IV rescheduled due to police report being late

04/19/2007 Interview V They did not put her on the list

US Senators office had to call for them to see her

Finally approved

04/28/1007 Arrive Miami Held up in Immigration misses flight to Indy

Fly to Dallas, then Indy arrive 11pm instead of 3pm

05/10/2007 SS Card arrived

05/12/2007 Welcome to the US letter arrives

05/14/2007 10yr Green Card Arrives

Medical costs are usually much lower here in JA, I'll be coming back for a Vasectomy reversal at some point. $1500.00 as opposed to $6000-$7000 in the US. All estimates in UD dollars.

Planning to start making babies soon?

Not sure how it will work or which end the testing will be done on. :huh: less is best

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning all,

That is some very excited news. The summer will be a great time. Congrats. (F)

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi guys just wanted to give an update ( I know it does not mean much but I am so excited) The package was delivered at 12:52 this afternoon. I am jumping in my seat. I am ssssssooooooooooooo happy :dance::dance::dance::dance: .

I really hope we dont get an RFE because of the pictures. THat would really suck ( with my luck we just might get it.

Edited by desperatewife

I do not wish to share any information about this dead end journey.........I have reached my final destination on this train, and it is time for me to get off.

THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If marriage means you fell in love, does divorce mean you climbed out?"

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him."-Zsa Zsa Gabor

"When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house. And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." Deuteronomy 24:1-2

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?" - Mary Manin Morrissey

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Theresa

:dance::no: WOW I cannot believe it..the embassy responded and emailed the information they needed in less than two hours I cannot believe it. :huh:

The test on this end will cost about 800$. His daughter will have to go to the Embassy to complete her portion of the testing, I'm not sure what we will have to pay them :(

Timeline

Congrats Joanna- May 9th will be here before you know it :yes:

Eric your time is just about here and I'm thinking of you and your wife.

Mrs. Squitto-hopefully everything will be resolved today.

Tenika have a great trip and a successful interview!

Dee and Dave- hopefully everything will work out with his daughter (L)

Anna-good to see you and congratulations to everyone on their weightloss :thumbs: .

Lee- you already know :star:

Good evening everyone.

Michele (F)

DITTO to everyone !!!

Well, we (me and my son) are definitely not going down to JA for spring break, a little bummed......but....I just found out about an hour ago that I got confirmed for a travel agent trip to Montego Bay/Negril for April 24-27th. I'm WAY psyched !! I requested another month for our case and it was granted. They seem to reply back to my emails quickly? So time is ticking....

Who is going to Jamaica ? Where is everyone staying ? and what dates will those that are heading to JA be going ?

Kelly

Hey Kelly,

I'll be in Negril the 19th to the 26th. When will you be in Negril?

I don't know the itinerary yet...the Jamaica Tourist Board is sending them out soon. The actual show is in Negril on Apr 25th and I believe we'll have a "free" night that night, but won't know for sure. I'm also going to see if I can extend my trip a day. I'll let you know when I know. I'll also be in Montego Bay, but don't know if that will be the 1st day or the last 2 days? With these travel agent trips, we're doing site inspections of different hotels --so that we can come back and sell the properties. The trips are alot of fun...but you can't beat $199.00 for 3 nights, includes airfare, hotel, transfers, all meals and drinks !!

I wanted to tell you all that we finally got through to the embassy and got Henry's daughter her tourist visa finally.

Darah -- It's about time someone finally got some good news. Congratulations!!

The package was delivered at 12:52 this afternoon.

Congratulations on getting the notification. Every little thing is exciting. Don't think too much about the RFE. If you do get it -- fix it and send it back. No biggie!!

I'll be coming back for a Vasectomy reversal at some point.

Okay Eric -- TOO MUCH INFORMATION :lol::jest:

Tonika(gaurdian) should go to the info window mon to fri between 7:15 to 10Am, to pick up information on DNA testing

Dee -- Why don't you e:mail them again and say there is no way the mother could pick it up. See if there are any options.....It couldn't hurt, right?

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:blink: Wow... I think that's a record for the Embassy!

:dance::no: WOW I cannot believe it..the embassy responded and emailed the information they needed in less than two hours I cannot believe it. :huh:

Congrats Doodle :dance: I'm so glad you are through with immigration for a while :thumbs:

Congrats!! :dance: any step is a good one :D

Hi guys just wanted to give an update ( I know it does not mean much but I am so excited) The package was delivered at 12:52 this afternoon. I am jumping in my seat. I am ssssssooooooooooooo happy :dance::dance::dance::dance: .

I really hope we dont get an RFE because of the pictures. THat would really suck ( with my luck we just might get it.

Click My Timeline For Our K-1 Info

10.21.05 - Applied For SS Card (He's Not In The System Yet)

10.27.05 - Got Marriage License

11.02.05 - Received SS Card In The Mail

11.10.05 - Passed Permit Test!

NOVEMBER 18th - We're Married!

12.17.05 - Mailed AOS/EAD Papers

12.27.05 - Checks Cashed

12.29.05 - Received both NOA's in the mail (receipt dates 12.20.05)

02.17.06 - Received Biometrics Letter

02.27.06 - Got Driver's License!

03.11.06 - Biometrics Appointment

03.16.06 - EAD Approved

03.21.06 - EAD Came In The Mail

04.10.06 - Received AOS Interview Letter

06.08.06 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

06.19.06 - Green Card Received

WE'RE DONE!

08.22.06 - Elias Is Finally Here!!! Born at 1:13am, 8lbs. 15oz. and 20.5 Inches Long

November 18th, 2006 - Our Real Wedding In Negril

I don't know the itinerary yet...the Jamaica Tourist Board is sending them out soon. The actual show is in Negril on Apr 25th and I believe we'll have a "free" night that night, but won't know for sure. I'm also going to see if I can extend my trip a day. I'll let you know when I know. I'll also be in Montego Bay, but don't know if that will be the 1st day or the last 2 days? With these travel agent trips, we're doing site inspections of different hotels --so that we can come back and sell the properties. The trips are alot of fun...but you can't beat $199.00 for 3 nights, includes airfare, hotel, transfers, all meals and drinks !!

Okay....Now how do I become a travel agent ;) I actually had a lady call me about starting my own business as a travel agent. I haven't returned her call, maybe I should :P

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.