immibie

N-400 requirement for marriage

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

If you want an RFE, yes.

Um no. Please read the instructions, read other peoples posts, learn and then come to terms with being wrong.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Sorry, when did you go through this N-400 process that you are such an expert?

I haven't yet, and filing doesn't make me an expert, nor does it make you one.

You'll notice in the timeline entry section there's no space for RFE's, implying no-one gets one. Also see this post: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/412738-n-400-april-2013-filers/page__view__findpost__p__6009424 which lists 3 of the many posts with people who HAVE just sent the one option and been fine, one post of which is from Kathryn41 who, lets be honest, knows her shiz.

If someone DOES need to show more documents there's no point in RFE'ing when there's going to be an interview... Total waste of time/paper. I also direct your attention to the N-400 filers threads (I only went back to Dec) where I have yet to see an RFE listed.

Again, you are wrong. You only need to SEND one of the options. You need to TAKE the other options to the interview (though many report those aren't even looked at). If what you've sent isn't sufficient your interview letter will outline the information you need to take.

Filed: Timeline

They did not say what statements period they want. How do guys did it? What period, etc.?

The basic answer is that that they want to make sure you are still married to, and living with the same USC for the last three years. As far as what we submitted, we sent the most recent utility bills, and bank statements, three years of tax transcripts, pictures, and a couple affidavits from friends that knew us well. When time came for the interview, the IO said he just needed my driver's license, and took the wife off to another room for the citizenship test. They were back a few minutes later.

Edited by The Patriot

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.