JMW

OF-167 for Interview?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Howdy VJ,

The Vancouver Consulate sent us our Packet 3 today (Yay!!!). I had one question about Packet 3. They want along with the I-34 Affidavit of support there is another document OF-167 and attachment. Everywhere I have looked all I can find is OF-167 is an Optional Form, but it has an attachment that needs to be signed by the petitioner. Does anyone have a link to the attachment I cant see to find it anywhere. I was hoping to just find the document online so I can print it sign it and send it to my fiancee quickly!

I appreciate your help!

-John

06-17-2006 - NOA1 CSC

09-11-2006 - No Touches 3 Months

09-11-2006 - Touch #1

09-11-2006 - RFE

09-12-2006 - Touch #2

09-18-2006 - RFE IBMRA recieved, Sent off in the morning.

09-25-2006 - RFE Recieved by CSC, case updated.

09-28-2006 - NOA2 APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Howdy VJ,

The Vancouver Consulate sent us our Packet 3 today (Yay!!!). I had one question about Packet 3. They want along with the I-34 Affidavit of support there is another document OF-167 and attachment. Everywhere I have looked all I can find is OF-167 is an Optional Form, but it has an attachment that needs to be signed by the petitioner. Does anyone have a link to the attachment I cant see to find it anywhere. I was hoping to just find the document online so I can print it sign it and send it to my fiancee quickly!

I appreciate your help!

-John

OF-167 (example here from Mexico: http://usembassy.state.gov/CiudadJuarez/wwwfof167.pdf)

is simply a list of what qualifies to meet the public charge provision. There is no attachment to be signed as far as I know - that's only on the I-134.

Timeline

Yea thats what I thought too Kitkat, but there is a physical paper in the Packet 3 attached to the OF-167 that needs to be signed and presented at the interview. Something about Social security Act, Public Charge and Food Stamps. I havent found any info about it. Mabye something specific to the Vancouver consulate? It specifically says it needs to be signed by the petitioner and presented at the interview along with the I-34. Its got me a bit confused.

06-17-2006 - NOA1 CSC

09-11-2006 - Touch #1

09-11-2006 - RFE

09-12-2006 - Touch #2

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

This form can vary some from consulate to consulate, the newer designation is DS-2000.

Anyway you can see an example one here from the Chinese consulate: http://www.cflgallery.com/FAQ/Forms/P3/OF167_English-1.pdf

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

To be clear, you are talking about the OF-167 Attachment, not the OF-167 form.

The attachment is a one page document which basically describes what means tested benefits are not available to the immigrant, and that if the immigrant uses any of them then the USC is on the hook to pay them back. The majority of the form is paragraphs of information and the bottom has a space for the USC signature.

In Canada, it is used at Vancouver consulate and not Montreal. It's not a big deal at all, really. Vancouver will send it in the packet 3...if they don't have the USC send off a quick email to the consulate for them to forward it. (Unless the USC will be at the interview, then she/he can probably just fill it in there.)

This form is submitted along with the I-134 as documentation toward financial support.

Best of luck with your journey. :)

Edited by ceriserose

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

Timeline

Ceriserose hit it on the nose, Thanks for the info!

06-17-2006 - NOA1 CSC

09-11-2006 - Touch #1

09-11-2006 - RFE

09-12-2006 - Touch #2

Filed: Timeline

John,

Some consulates require a sponsor to provide a signed statement attesting that they understand their responsibilities as a sponsor under the public charge provisions of the law. Those consulates may provide the statement with a locally-assigned form number or they may include the statement as part of their OF-167 or DS-2000. (Similar to the signed statement of readiness for interview that some consulates make part of the OF-169 or DS-2001 checklist and others make separate from the checklist.)

If the consular section in Vancouver requires such a statement I would expect that it should be in either Packet 3 or Packet 4, or available from the consular officer at the interview.

See 9 FAM 40.41 (Public Charge) Procedural Notes, PN5

Yodrak

Howdy VJ,

I appreciate your help!

-John

• 5 years later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.