StupidJourney

Tourist Visas

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Does anyone have any experience trying to get family members of spouses/fiances over for a visit? We'd like them to visit eventually, I'm not sure what the requirements are or how long the process for that would take. Any info would help. Christine, I think you are in the process of doing this, so maybe you have some insight. Thanks! :luv:

Edited by sonicliz

timeline doesn't matter.

Does anyone have any experience trying to get family members of spouses/fiances over for a visit? We'd like them to visit eventually, I'm not sure what the requirements are or how long the process for that would take. Any info would help. Christine, I think you are in the process of doing this, so maybe you have some insight. Thanks! :luv:

I have a friend in Morocco who has been able to get a tourist visa twice to the US. He has strong ties to the country and money in the bank. Applying for the visa does not guareentee you will be approved however, so you have to willing to put up the visa fee ($100) up front and be able to lose it if the visa is denied.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Timeline

I wonder what constitutes strong ties though? Like, if his mom wanted to come? She doesn't have a job, or money in the bank, but a lot of people depend on her. I just don't know how we would prove that.

timeline doesn't matter.

I wonder what constitutes strong ties though? Like, if his mom wanted to come? She doesn't have a job, or money in the bank, but a lot of people depend on her. I just don't know how we would prove that.

Is her husband still alive? Does she have a household she is responsible for? grandchildren etc? Perhaps you can use your financial advantage in the states to build a nest egg in a Moroccan bank account for her? Do she own the home she lives in? Any property at all?

I know it seems daunting, but perhaps it is easier than we might suspect?

Also would you consider your husband obtaining citizensip and petition her for a greencard? I know that will take a long time.

also maybe you could get some information from emailing the Moroccan Society in Houston as aks if the members could give you any advice about how US Moroccans deal with this? www.moroccansociety.org

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Timeline

I just remembered her husband (fiance's dad) owns land. An olive grove. He's still alive, they're still married. Plus there are grandchildren and a household to take care of (they don't own the house though), that she would need to return to. So maybe it wouldn't be so hard after all. I forgot about that property. I wonder how long it would take though. Could we actually hold on to a dream that she could be here for the big ceremony that will be several months away? Or would that be hoping to much? What do y'all thinK?

timeline doesn't matter.

Liz,

I will tell you that a family friend got her mother here...with no money and no ties to Morocco, after sending her tax returns and bank statements showing how much money she made. What we did was ask for them to come to visit their granddaughter and my family. Since both parents were coming...one retired, one homemaker(i.e. no money :blush: ), I wrote an invitation letter stating I was a RPCV, why I wanted them to come, how their expenses would be paid, and that I would ensure they follow the guidelines withing their visa(i.e. no overstay). I also included a copy of our marriage contract to prove that Noureddine and I were married and our daughter's bc, proving they had a granddaughter. I had an employment letter from PC when I was in service to add more credibility to my invite :whistle:.

At the interview, they were asked a lot of questions, since N's dad was in the military and they asked a lot of questions about N. They were ask how they supported themselves and added that their children support them. When asked how long they wanted to stay, fortunately they did not say 10 yrs. like my FIL wanted. They got their visas. I think that if his mother was coming alone, they wouldn't have been questioned so much. I am glad they were both approved. They both have travelled to Germany and the fact that they returned might have added weight to their case, as well.

After your DF gets his visa, I would apply for his mother. N is still a CPR, but once he is a PR/USC, I think the process may be easier to have her visit. Best of Luck.

Christine :luv:

WBhW.jpgbunbuntdg20060306_-8_Amira%20is.png

REMOVING CONDITIONS

6/30/07 - Mailed I-751 via Priority Mail with Delivery notification

7/02/07 - Delivered to USCIS in Laguna Niguel,CA

7/07/07 - CSC returns I-751 packet because we used an older I-751 version. Mailed I-751 with latest(02/07) version via Priority Mail with delivery notification

7/09/07 - Deliverd to USCIS

7/10/07 - NOA date

7/12/07 - USCIS cashes check

7/21/07 - NOA received(GC extended for one year)

7/24/07 - Biometrics notice received

8/10/07 - Biometrics appointment in W. LA

8/28/07 - Card production ordered

8/29/07 - Approval notice received online

8/30/07 - Approval notice recieved in mail

9/04/07 - 10 yr GC received in mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.