IndigoSkies

Post office hasn't delivered by I751 package

31 posts in this topic

Sorry to start another thread. But I mailed my wife's I751 package January 145th. It was supposed to arrive at Vermont Service Center by 3 PM today (January 15th). It's 7 PM. They haven't delivered the package. I called 1-800 number and they said they will put a trace on the package. What do I do know? My wife is at Bangladesh now. She's coming back January 23rd. Her green card doesn't expire until February 21st.

What do I do now? I am hoping to God that they find and deliver the package by tomorrow. Worst comes to worse... they don't deliver the package. What do I do then?

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

23-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox (USPS EXPRESS)

27-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form delivered/picked up by USCIS

01-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form fee check cashed by USCIS

04-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form received per NOA1

09-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 notice date

14-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 on hand through USPS

30-JAN-2017 -:- N400 fingerprint taken

01-FEB-2017 -:- N400 interview schedule process started

26-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview date set (01SEP2017)

29-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview letter on hand

01-SEP-2017 -:- N400 interview date - Interview passed

10-OCT-2017-:- N400 oath ceremony letter on hand (oath on 26OCT2017)

You do know that all packages are put in an intake center and not picked up until later in the day, right? I bet yours is sitting in the box. Relax, it's 4 hours late...

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

You do know that all packages are put in an intake center and not picked up until later in the day, right? I bet yours is sitting in the box. Relax, it's 4 hours late...

I'm trying to keep calm, sis. But I'm all alone right now and I can't even talk to anyone except by VJ family. I didn't know that all the packages sit at an intake center and aren't picked up until later in the day. This gives me some glimmer of hope. Hopefully, tomorrow morning I'll see that the package has been delivered. This is making me relieve the I-130 days of agony. All these weird and negative thoughts are going through my mind. Like what if I never get to see my wife again. I know I absolutely cannot live without her. Just not possible.

Edited by IndigoSkies

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

wait two days, then freak out.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

wait two days, then freak out.

Darnell, you're one of the most consistent and knowledgeable user that I know. Really appreciate you sticking around throughout the years. Seriously, what should I do now? I will be patient 'tlll tomorrow. If there is not news or delivery confirmation, should I start assembling another I-751 package? Luckily, nothing original is sent with I571 package. I can easily prepare another packet and mail it again. I await your sage advice.

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

ROC is a mere administrative procedure and nothing to be afraid of. I'd get used to waiting, it took them a month to send us the NOA1 and Vermont is running around 8 months to approve now. These centers get hundreds of packages a day - there is not a person wasting time signing for each. Your wife's GC doesn't expire until Feb anyway, so she will not be stuck outside the country if she comes back before then.

So just relax. The only thing to be afraid of is your own mind ;)

ETA: Do NOT send a new ROC package at all. It will make things worse. Your package is NOT lost.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband

ROC:

I'm trying to keep calm, sis. But I'm all alone right now and I can't even talk to anyone except by VJ family. I didn't know that all the packages sit at an intake center and aren't picked up until later in the day. This gives me some glimmer of hope. Hopefully, tomorrow morning I'll see that the package has been delivered. This is making me relieve the I-130 days of agony. All these weird and negative thoughts are going through my mind. Like what if I never get to see my wife again. I know I absolutely cannot live without her. Just not possible.

Delivered doesn't mean anything. Ours was delivered and never acknowledged by Vermont for another two weeks. Then when you get the NOA1, the case number will not be recognized by the UCSCIS on-line case status web site. You won't even be able to use on-line status until you get the biometrics letter and then you will discover they have assigned a different case number. Nothing you can do except chill out and wait.

Truer words than haven't been said before. Just an hour ago, I was taking out the trash and walking back inside, I made my mind think about there being a terrible monster walking behind me. I ran inside. I'm a grown-#### man. My wife will be back a month before her GC expires. I guess if USPS doesn't deliver the package in tomorrow (or how many days should I allow/wait) then, I will just assemble another packet and mail it out.

Is it okay to use FedEX or UPS?

I see your ninja edit.

ETA: Do NOT send a new ROC package at all. It will make things worse. Your package is NOT lost.

So at no point I should send another package?

Edited by IndigoSkies

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

Timeline

No la.

2 days.

Wednesday, Thursday.

If no notice with yer tracking, freak on on Friday.

;)

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Oh Darnell, you. I don't know if you are just being silly or serious. Well, I'm sure you're being silly actually. Seriously though, I just want to be prepared. If they haven't delivered by Friday, what should be my next step according to you?

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

Timeline

No, I am serious, 2 days more, then on the 3rd day, freak out, officially.

USPS tracking info is lagged, always. Coupla paths for today, aye?

1. assume it wasn't delivered today because no one there to handle the signature stuff. USPS will attempt tomorrow.

2. no signature required? just delivery confirmation? physical address? probably not attempted today - they try tomorrow - must be some snow or short staffing.

Relax, you. Seriously !

Edited by Darnell

Oh yeah. I didn't even think about the weather. A slick of Southern ice, and Northeast snow may make travel a headache through Wednesday. is what weather.com is saying about St. Albans.

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

From what I remember, USPS updates their tracking in bunches, not in real time. Your package may already be delivered (I suspect it is) or even signed for.

Don't send another package. There was a person who sent two because he got impatient, then the first was "found" (was never lost), and USCIS was asking him for money and sort of threatening him for the bounced check (that he cancelled). They also tried to cash the check many times which resulted in bank fees for him, then he got a notice they were going to deny (not reject) which would mean a denied petition on his hands. This also affected the new one, though I don't remember how. It was a real mess, all started because this guy got antsy and tried to "go fast." Like I said, ROC is taking 8+ months, so a month sitting in the mailroom doesn't matter. Your NOA1 will be dated on the day the package was received, no matter when they actually open it. Mail rarely gets lost, so it could be flying around the country being delayed and I still would not send a new package. If it gets lost (it won't) it will get found and all will be well.

Sit tight and get used to waiting. Everything is fine.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband

ROC:

From what I remember, USPS updates their tracking in bunches, not in real time. Your package may already be delivered (I suspect it is) or even signed for.

Don't send another package. There was a person who sent two because he got impatient, then the first was "found" (was never lost), and USCIS was asking him for money and sort of threatening him for the bounced check (that he cancelled). They also tried to cash the check many times which resulted in bank fees for him, then he got a notice they were going to deny (not reject) which would mean a denied petition on his hands. This also affected the new one, though I don't remember how. It was a real mess, all started because this guy got antsy and tried to "go fast." Like I said, ROC is taking 8+ months, so a month sitting in the mailroom doesn't matter. Your NOA1 will be dated on the day the package was received, no matter when they actually open it. Mail rarely gets lost, so it could be flying around the country being delayed and I still would not send a new package. If it gets lost (it won't) it will get found and all will be well.

Sit tight and get used to waiting. Everything is fine.

That's some good advice there, Lou. :P I'm not going to send in another packet of I-751. Just wait it out for couple of days. If the packet was truly delivered on 15-JAN-2012, how soon will they cash the check? A cashed check would indicate they received the packet.

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

USPS have a result on your tracking number yet? I know its early.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.