Nat & Mark

RFE IN NEED OF HELP

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has reviewed your petition arid supporúng evidence. You did not

submit required evidence to establish the france relationship with the beneficiary, Mark ********. USCIS

acknowledges receipt of your proof` of meeting within the two year period prior lo the petition and divorce decree

ofthe beneÍ`1eiary's prior spouse. In addition, USCIS acknowledges receipt of your proof of U.S, Citizenship, photos, and

Form G-325A (Biographie Information sheet) for both you and the beneficiary; however, you did not submit statements

regarding your intent to marry. Therefore, additional evidence is needed.

Provide an original statement establishing your intent the oeiieîîtiàrfwithin 90 days of his admission to the

United Sums. also süiornit copies of any evidence you have to establish your mutual intent to marry one

anotller.

Provide am original statement from the beneficiary establishing his or het intent to marry you within 90 days of his

admission to the United States. You may also submit copies of any evidence he or she wishes to submit to establish his

01' her mutual intent to marry.

If you submit a document in any language other than English, you must include a full English translation. The translator

must certify that the translation is complete and accurate. and that he or she is competent to translate from the foreign

language to English. Official extracts are acceptable, but only if they contain all the inforrnation necessary to malte a

decision on a case. Only extracts prepared by an authorized official, the "keeper of record," are acceptable. A summary of

a document prepared by a translator is unacceptable.

This is a coppy of the RFE we got

What is it they want ???

They are only asking for letters of intent(that is the additional evidence they want), one from each of you. Make sure they include original signatures and are not copies.

Edited by Jay-Kay

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I agree with the lawyer: USCIS is asking more evidence indeed: You did not

submit required evidence to establish the france relationship with the beneficiary, Mark ********. USCIS

acknowledges receipt of your proof` of meeting within the two year period prior lo the petition and divorce decree

ofthe beneÍ`1eiary's prior spouse. In addition, USCIS acknowledges receipt of your proof of U.S, Citizenship, photos, and

Form G-325A (Biographie Information sheet) for both you and the beneficiary; however, you did not submit statements

regarding your intent to marry. Therefore, additional evidence is needed.

If I were you I would send the letter and whatever proof of the intentions to get married.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

You should listen to TBoneTX. Don't be paranoid, this is a golden opportunity to add additional documentation to your file. Read everything carefully. Anything and everything that can even be vaguely related to the RFE should be added. What harm can it do? Write a good cover letter that includes all the case identification info and is basically a table of contents for everything you're sending in. And don't forget to include the original RFE notice. Perhaps if you're paying a lawyer you should have enough faith in their advice that you don't have such doubts or why are you using them? Did you ask them the same questions? It sounds like they might know what they're doing and maybe you have a good one! Good luck!

K-1

04/06/2012: NOA 1
08/13/2012: RFE Notice
09/21/2012: RFE Response Receipt
09/27/2012: NOA 2
10/17/2012: Embassy Received
12/31/2012: Packet 3 Returned
01/31/2013: Interview - Approved
02/07/2013: Visa Received
03/07/2013: POE - LAX

05/03/2013: Married

AOS; EAD; AP

06/03/2013: AOS - NOA 1

06/05/2013: EAD - NOA 1

06/05/2013: AP - NOA 1

06/27/2013: Biometrics

08/03/2013: EAD & AP Approved (Card received 18/12/2013)

08/21/2013: AOS Interview / I-485 Held for Further Review

08/27/2013: AOS Approval Notice

09/06/2013: Green Card Arrival

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

send two letters,one letter of intent, second letter proof of having met within two years with evidence,trips passpot stamps,boarding passes,atm bank receipts, hotel receipts.gifts engagement ring recipt.pictures togather different places, and family skype.e.mails letters.

:thumbs:Both of you do a letter or both sign one. Good Luck with your attorney.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Like TboneTX said being able to respond to an RFE is a golden opportunity to provide more evidence of your relationship, the lawyers know this, that's the reason why they advise to provide more than the RFE ask for. Good luck!:thumbs:

April 03 , 2001: LPR father filed I-130

June 4, 2008: I130 approved

Oct 31, 2011: File I-485

Nov 9, 2011 : NOA's arrived

Nov 15, 2011: Biometrics appointment arrived for Dec 12th.

Dec 12, 2011: Biometrics done!

Dec 29, 2011 : EAD/AP card production ordered text/email

Jan 7, 2012 :Received EAD/AP card.

Feb 17, 2012: Received interview letter in the mail for march 21 at San Antonio Office.

March 21,2012 : Attend Interview with lawyer only. Got a RFE because my father was not present. He was in Nicaragua a the time.

April 15, 2012: Send evidence of my father living in US.

April 30,2012: Evidence got lost, received 2 more RFE.

May 30, 2012: Lawyer made the mistake of sending just 1 RFE and not the other 2.

June 14,2012: Petition I-485 denied. For failing to submit requested evidence.

June 25, 2012: Lawyer filed for motion to reopen case. Send all evidence.

Sep 4, 2012: Decision on motion to reopen. Success!! Reopen for further review.

Sep 4, 2012: Approved I-485!!! ;-)

Sep 6, 2012: Received letter of decision on motion to reopen.

Sep 8, 2012: Received Welcome letter in the mail. Thank you God!!

Sep 12, 2012: Received green card in the mail.

No -- NOT always. Being able to respond to an RFE is a golden opportunity to provide not only what the RFE requires, but also to add further evidence of a bona fide relationship. USCIS will not care, but will forward the material to the consulate when the petition is approved. At tough consulates, the additional information never hurts, at minimum. The additional evidence can turn a sure rejection into a fighting chance for a visa, or turn a borderline chance into a visa approval.

(For example, I secretly hope that Ecuador filers receive RFEs so that they can pad their petition packages with additional evidence -- it's just as effective as front-loading the petition would have been in the first place, except that the information that's sent along with the RFE requirements can be newer and fresher.)

A brief cover-letter can say "Here is the ____ that USCIS requested. Also enclosed is additional evidence of bona fide relationship, for the file. Please ensure that it is sent to the consulate after the petition is approved."

For London and for other VWP countries' U.S. embassies/consulates, additional evidence beyond satisfying the RFE requirements might not be as big a deal. Regardless, VJ members should avoid misunderstanding the "one London filer to another" comment as applying universally.

great information, thank u!! i think i secretly want an RFE now so i can front load lol :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

great information, thank u!! i think i secretly want an RFE now so i can front load lol :thumbs:

You don't need an RFE to front load. We front loaded the petition with a few pictures, boarding passes, passport stamps, and a few emails, we never received an RFE. I think everyone should front load with at least some evidence.

You don't need an RFE to front load. We front loaded the petition with a few pictures, boarding passes, passport stamps, and a few emails, we never received an RFE. I think everyone should front load with at least some evidence.

And i understand that. However, like i replied JUST to TBONETX from what he said:

"it's just as effective as front-loading the petition would have been in the first place, except that the information that's sent along with the RFE requirements can be newer and fresher.)"

This is a coppy of the RFE we got

What is it they want ???

You did not submit required evidence to establish the france relationship with the beneficiary, Mark ********.

The evidence they mean is a statement saying we intend to marry. Saying that establishes that you declare you are in a fiancé relationship. It"s USCIS language which is never that clear.

This is all they stated they want:

A letter from you, signed in ink and not a photocopy

Provide an original statement establishing your intent the oeiieîîtiàrfwithin 90 days of his admission to the

United Sums. also süiornit copies of any evidence you have to establish your mutual intent to marry one

anotller.

A letter from him, signed in ink and not a photocopy

Provide am original statement from the beneficiary establishing his or het intent to marry you within 90 days of his

admission to the United States. You may also submit copies of any evidence he or she wishes to submit to establish his

01' her mutual intent to marry

Your attorney dropped the ball if TWO letters were not included in the first place. You will satisfy the RFE by sending the two letters. USCIS doesn't need to see pages of love letters, Facebook and Skype. Nor will your consulate LONDON. Positive of that.

USCIS wants to know you

• Are a US citizen (normally birth certificate or passport)
  • Have met in the last 2 year (they said you proved that)
  • Are free to marry (divorce decree you sent)
  • Intend to marry within 90 days of his entry (letter from each of you)

No where in the petition instructions does USCIS say we need to know how much in love you are and how many times a day you talk. If you take extra stuff like that to London, they won't even look at it.

There is a sample letter here on VJ http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Fiance_Letter_of_Intent.doc

The only problem I have with the sample is his letter should say

"...within 90 days of my arrival into the US using the K-1 visa."

Your letter should say

"...within 90 days of his arrival into the US using the K-1 visa.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

We sent the letters but got an RFE for them. Its not impossible that USCIS lost the letters. Our RFE was a lot more vague though, as they just copied and pasted the part of the instructions asking that the letter intents are required with the petition.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Ok we have had an RFE and they are asking for the intent to marry, this was sent within the package but it dont seem to be there now ( we are using an attorney for personal reasons), the attorney is now saying Quote "We also recommend to include more details about your relationship as you did with the first relationship affidavit. In Tami's recent email she also included these instructions once more. If you have any other photos, emails, chat logs, money transfers, skype logs, facebook chats, or other proof of relationship we should include copies of these as well.". The RFE is only asking for the intent to marry thgough

The attorney is being stupid.

They probably lost the letter of intent or the attorney messed it up. This is simple. Go to the VJ samples forms, print the sample letter of intent, one for each of you, change the names and dates. Sign it.

Done. If the attorney has a problem, refer him to VJ so he can learn what he is talking about

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Wedding Planner? That should not even be talked about at this stage. You mention that after you have the visa in hand.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.