Memymine

oath ceremony

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi!

I passed my citizenship test a few weeks ago and today I got a phone from an immigration officer. I thought I was supposed to get a letter with the ceremony date. Did anybody else get a phone call for the ceremony? Is this how it usually work?

Also, I was told to just bring my green card(I have it) and any travel doc issued by US( I don't have any). Is the the only paperwork that I have to bting with me, form your experience?

The ceremony will be held at the immgigratio office where I took the test. I was expecting it to be at a federal court. Does this seem weird toy you?

Thanks

Hi!

I passed my citizenship test a few weeks ago and today I got a phone from an immigration officer. I thought I was supposed to get a letter with the ceremony date. Did anybody else get a phone call for the ceremony? Is this how it usually work?

Also, I was told to just bring my green card(I have it) and any travel doc issued by US( I don't have any). Is the the only paperwork that I have to bting with me, form your experience?

The ceremony will be held at the immgigratio office where I took the test. I was expecting it to be at a federal court. Does this seem weird toy you?

Thanks

I was a actually told at my interview that they'd call me, too. The officer checked my phone number four times constantly mentioning this. I totally forgot to ask her about the actual invitation and only remembered about it at home. I guess we just have to wait and see, hopefully something will come in the mail before the ceremony. Otherwise I will be calling the courthouse with this question, it is too long drive there to go and be turned away at the door.

Did your status change online? When is your ceremony? If there is reasonable amount of time left I wouldn't worry too much just yet and wait or the invitation :)

My Art and Handmade Gifts

10. 10. 2008 - sent the petition

10. 16. 2008 - NOA1

04. 10. 2009 - sent letters to senators and asked for help

04. 17. 2009 - service request

04. 20. 2009 - filled senator's form which we got from him

04. 30. 2009 - another senator called us up

05. 04. 2009 - NOA2

05. 08. 2009 - NVC

06. 16. 2009 - interview (8 months since NOA1) passed

07. 03. 2009 - leaving for Texas. Go Rangers

07. 25. 2009 - officially married

08. 28. 2009 - AOS process started

09. 08. 2009 - NOA1

09. 30. 2009 - AP approved

10. 02. 2009 - I485 was forwarded to California, yay!

10. 13. 2009 - biometrics

10. 13. 2009 - EAD production was ordered

01. 04. 2010 - AOS approved

Done till Oct 2011!

11. 11. 2011 - I 751 filed

11. 16. 2011 - NOA1

12. 16. 2011 - Biometrics

04. 16. 2012 - ROC Approved

10. 10. 2012 - N 400 filed

10. 15. 2012 - NOA1

11. 15. 2012 - Biometrics

12. 04. 2012 - In line for the interview

01. 14. 2013 - Interview

01. 25. 2013 - Oath ceremony

I was a actually told at my interview that they'd call me, too. The officer checked my phone number four times constantly mentioning this. I totally forgot to ask her about the actual invitation and only remembered about it at home. I guess we just have to wait and see, hopefully something will come in the mail before the ceremony. Otherwise I will be calling the courthouse with this question, it is too long drive there to go and be turned away at the door.

Did your status change online? When is your ceremony? If there is reasonable amount of time left I wouldn't worry too much just yet and wait or the invitation :)

they called me yesterday and my appt is tomorrow...so very short notice. they did give me a receipt:proof of me passing the naturalization test, so I'll bring taht with me. I'll let you know if that was enough. Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Not sending out that N-445 anymore? Wife was unique, emailed hers to her. With St. Paul's could be at the Vikings stadium, some university, some courthouse, some park, but for both of my girls, was in the field office.

You already read your oath aloud at your interview, ironically not a part of your English test and signed it, oath ceremony is just a lip service. You walk in with your green card, walk out with your certificate, just make sure its correct or will cost you 400 bucks and another six month wait. Could be handed out by a clerk, a federal judge, or worse a congressman, still the same certificate, the latter is there for his glory, not yours.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I heard of it a couple of times- likely they got a cancelation for tomorrow's ceremony and it was too late to send out letters, so they called the next person in line seeing if they wanted the spot.

My oath ceremony was in the waitingroom of the local USCIS office, that is normal.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Not sending out that N-445 anymore? Wife was unique, emailed hers to her. With St. Paul's could be at the Vikings stadium, some university, some courthouse, some park, but for both of my girls, was in the field office.

You already read your oath aloud at your interview, ironically not a part of your English test and signed it, oath ceremony is just a lip service. You walk in with your green card, walk out with your certificate, just make sure its correct or will cost you 400 bucks and another six month wait. Could be handed out by a clerk, a federal judge, or worse a congressman, still the same certificate, the latter is there for his glory, not yours.

Do I have to pay anything this time? They didn't say anything on the phone.

they called me yesterday and my appt is tomorrow...so very short notice. they did give me a receipt:proof of me passing the naturalization test, so I'll bring taht with me. I'll let you know if that was enough. Thanks

Everything was fine. They only needed to look at my greencard. It is done. Now I need to apply for American pass+change my SS status.

Thanks to all the people on this forum who answered all my questions.

I heard of it a couple of times- likely they got a cancelation for tomorrow's ceremony and it was too late to send out letters, so they called the next person in line seeing if they wanted the spot.

My oath ceremony was in the waitingroom of the local USCIS office, that is normal.

Did they give you back your green card? Will I ever need it for anything?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Did they give you back your green card? Will I ever need it for anything?

No they took my greencard. I still have a photocopy but you shouldn't need it for anything, as you are a citizen now. Good idea to keep something with your old Alien number on it, you might need that if you ever want to petition for your family

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Everything was fine. They only needed to look at my greencard. It is done. Now I need to apply for American pass+change my SS status.

Thanks to all the people on this forum who answered all my questions.

Congratulations!!

My Art and Handmade Gifts

10. 10. 2008 - sent the petition

10. 16. 2008 - NOA1

04. 10. 2009 - sent letters to senators and asked for help

04. 17. 2009 - service request

04. 20. 2009 - filled senator's form which we got from him

04. 30. 2009 - another senator called us up

05. 04. 2009 - NOA2

05. 08. 2009 - NVC

06. 16. 2009 - interview (8 months since NOA1) passed

07. 03. 2009 - leaving for Texas. Go Rangers

07. 25. 2009 - officially married

08. 28. 2009 - AOS process started

09. 08. 2009 - NOA1

09. 30. 2009 - AP approved

10. 02. 2009 - I485 was forwarded to California, yay!

10. 13. 2009 - biometrics

10. 13. 2009 - EAD production was ordered

01. 04. 2010 - AOS approved

Done till Oct 2011!

11. 11. 2011 - I 751 filed

11. 16. 2011 - NOA1

12. 16. 2011 - Biometrics

04. 16. 2012 - ROC Approved

10. 10. 2012 - N 400 filed

10. 15. 2012 - NOA1

11. 15. 2012 - Biometrics

12. 04. 2012 - In line for the interview

01. 14. 2013 - Interview

01. 25. 2013 - Oath ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.