sineadx

Can someone explain what actually happens after receiving NOA2? Time frame estimations and the next steps?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello to all.

I haven't received any news on my NOA2, but if all goes well and I get approved, what are the next steps and what are the usual timings just so I get a rough estimation.

Does it get passed on to the NVC then eventually to the Embassy where I am? how long does this usually take?

Also what happens when I start getting my packs from the Embassy and what will I need to do?

Basically I would just like to know how long approximately does it take from the NOA2 to the Visa interview at the Embassy.

Sorry for all the questions, it would be nice to hear from some people who have been through this experience.

Thanks.

Sinead

Hello to all.

I haven't received any news on my NOA2, but if all goes well and I get approved, what are the next steps and what are the usual timings just so I get a rough estimation.

Does it get passed on to the NVC then eventually to the Embassy where I am? how long does this usually take?

Yes. It can take anywhere from just a couple of days to a month (that happened to us).

Also what happens when I start getting my packs from the Embassy and what will I need to do?

Start reading this pinned thread in the UK forum: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350185-london-2012-k1s-from-noa2-to-interview-thread/ The first post tells you what the petitioner and visa applicant need to do. The rest will help you navigate through the various scenarios if you're using a co-sponsor, self-sponsoring, etc. Be sure to get prepared for the medical exam by visiting your GP and getting any vaccinations done and documented so they can be recorded when you go for the Knightsbridge exam. There's a separate pinned thread noting experiences at Knightsbridge, too: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/8321-london-medical-knightsbridge-doctors/page__st__735

Basically I would just like to know how long approximately does it take from the NOA2 to the Visa interview at the Embassy.

Sorry for all the questions, it would be nice to hear from some people who have been through this experience.

Thanks.

Sinead

For us, it took about four months from when the petition was approved to when my then-fiancé traveled to London for the interview. It would have likely been less time, but as I noted, it took USCIS a month to ship our approved petition to the NVC.

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.