melly

Boredom on long flights

151 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

The flight to Australia puts me right there with ya'll! It's 6 hours from Fl to LAX - then 16 hours to Aukland, and 3 hours to Melbourne!!!

Over 24 hours of flying!

I watch their stupid movies, read a book, and mianly - SLEEP!!!!

I OD on Benydryl!!!!

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

OK this is weird. I'm browsing the travel accessories of this website and they actually sell the strangest things:

disposable undies (wha???? like do they help if you sh!t your pants or something? I'm not getting this)

urinelle Ok I have to meet whoever bought one of these. Like you can't just make one yourself outta a piece of paper? They make it sound like it's this space aged invention! :lol:

tush wipes ................just gotta love the name!!

germ finder ............... a cruise friend of mine used to bring this with her and use it once she and her husband entered the cabin upon arrival. What I wanna know is......what do you do once you find out that the place is riddled with them???? To me it would just freak me out and give me yet one more thing to worry about the whole time I'm on vacation.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Timeline
germ finder ............... a cruise friend of mine used to bring this with her and use it once she and her husband entered the cabin upon arrival. What I wanna know is......what do you do once you find out that the place is riddled with them???? To me it would just freak me out and give me yet one more thing to worry about the whole time I'm on vacation.

You should have travelled with some of the ppl I travel with for work . . . you won't want to touch anything in a hotel room once they start talking about it . . . . so bring your wipes and lysol (or whatever), heheh . . . and this is in the U.S . . . Remote control??? think what you do with the one at home and imagine the one in the hotel room. Bedspread . . . they said always remove it because you don't know what someone did on the bedspread and how often does those things get washed/changed?? Actually, that was a good point.

After listening to all of them, I decided that maybe I should stop listening . . . they were saying how the first thing they do when they go in the room is to wipe down everything with the stuff they carried from home . . . hmmmm, some of that stuff can't be in carry-on bags anymore. Well, you can get those lysol wipes to carry now. So, Bon Voyage!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
The flight to Australia puts me right there with ya'll! It's 6 hours from Fl to LAX - then 16 hours to Aukland, and 3 hours to Melbourne!!!

Over 24 hours of flying!

I OD on Benydryl!!!!

Wow that is alot of flying.

My nerves would be shot, I hate flying

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Moody that's funny Mohammed made you push the cart. Whenever we go to the grocery store Hicham gets the cart and says "I'll drive" hahaha.

Over 24 hours of flying!

I OD on Benydryl!!!!

Oh my God! I don't know how you do that. I would be strung out.

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

So Doodle, what are you going to buy?? :D

OK this is weird. I'm browsing the travel accessories of this website and they actually sell the strangest things:

disposable undies (wha???? like do they help if you sh!t your pants or something? I'm not getting this)

urinelle Ok I have to meet whoever bought one of these. Like you can't just make one yourself outta a piece of paper? They make it sound like it's this space aged invention! :lol:

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Nothing!!! I was gonna buy an outfit from there for the trip but I really don't care for anything. I do need some electrical converter thingies for my hair dryer, curling iron and cell phone charger.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

is there any problem with me flying into Canada as an american..i want to fly from here...lebanon to toronto....then my mom is picking me up there or in buffalo ny.......will i have any problems entering and then leaving like the next day?

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

Nothing!!! I was gonna buy an outfit from there for the trip but I really don't care for anything. I do need some electrical converter thingies for my hair dryer, curling iron and cell phone charger.

I bought a converter and plugged in my curling iron and it melted at the base because I was waiting for it to heat up and it heated up in seconds and started to melt the plastic part on the handle so when i picked it up the iron part fell off, so you might want to take two curling irons. I went around Irbid Jordan looking for a curling iron and all i found were the blow drying round shaped brush type. Thank good I took some hot rollers. Also I used the converter to charge up my cell phone and it blew out the charger.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I bought a converter and plugged in my curling iron and it melted at the base because I was waiting for it to heat up and it heated up in seconds and started to melt the plastic part on the handle so when i picked it up the iron part fell off, so you might want to take two curling irons. I went around Irbid Jordan looking for a curling iron and all i found were the blow drying round shaped brush type. Thank good I took some hot rollers. Also I used the converter to charge up my cell phone and it blew out the charger.

It is also really cheap to get your hair done at the salon and they do a really good job. I brought all my stuff too and didn't use them at all. Instead I went to the hair salon every 3 days and got it washed and styled at $5 a pop. Can't beat that, plus my hair never looked so good. :thumbs:

Check with your hunny to see if there are hair salons close by, most arab women get there hair done and don't bother doing it at home. Maybe you can go with a sister or aunt?

Edited by jordanianprincess

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

now that i think of it it was an adapter the kind you would use if you need to plug in a three prong appliance and didn't have a 3 prong outlet. My hair dryer worked good as did my hot rollers, just the curling iron melted :lol: I picked it up and the iron part start falling over i was like ####### :lol:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Do women who wear hijab get their hair done in the salons or is that just a waste of money?

Do women who wear hijab get their hair done in the salons or is that just a waste of money?

I have no idea how I did that!

Edited by sarah and hicham

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

They do in Jordan. I always saw them at the salon. You can still get a simple style or blowdry just to keep it neat. Besides, they never wore the hijab when I was in their homes, so it still has to look nice.

I have no idea how I did that!

It's because you are cool

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I saw them in Cairo too . . . . one woman came in wearing hijab and got her hair colored a dark red, etc . . . very fashionable looking with nice makeup. The salon would also thread the brows and upper lip . . basically the whole face if you wanted. It felt rather strange to get it done.

I agree that it is nice and cheap to go to salon and get your hair done. But they were always burning my scalp with the blow drier because they insisted on making it straight as a board so they took a long time and really pulled it out. :(

Edited by cbd2cai

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.