H93

Interviews in San'a, Yemen

3,734 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Yemen
Timeline

We got case complete this month.

Case complete June 2013

I know no one can tell me exactly when we can expect an interview but if anyone know or can estimate when let me know. I can't wait for him to get his interview. Hoping its soon inshaallah

Good luck to all

Case complete June 2013

I know no one can tell me exactly when we can expect an interview but if anyone know or can estimate when let me know. I can't wait for him to get his interview. Hoping its soon inshaallah

Good luck to all

Case complete June 2013

Good luck to all

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Well, my fiancé is going to his appointment tomorrow morning!!! I'm so nervous for him!! unsure.png Trying to stay positive.... As soon as I find out how the interview went, I will post something to let you all know the outcome. smile.png

Heard from my fiancé around 8:30 this morning. Everything went pretty good. He said that the interviewer was very nice and understanding. The only problem she had was with his divorce certificate (we had it translated to English and was sent with original documents to USCIS). She asked my fiancé to get a written statement from his ex-wife and they also wanted her phone number so they could call and confirm if they needed to.

My fiancé is meeting with his ex today to get the written statement from her. He will then send to the Embassy via DHL directly to the interviewer (who gave him her card). Since my fiancé works out of the country, he told the interviewer (her name was Beth, I believe) that he was leaving back to work on July 4th. She said she would do her best to push the paperwork through for him and try to get the visa to him before he leaves back to work. I asked if they took his passport, but he said they won't do that until they get the written statement and then they will call him to come back in.

So, good news.... They didn't mention anything about AP, so that is great. I will let everyone know once he gets the call to come back in (hopefully this won't be long....) ClockWatch2.gif

Timeline

Sounds great! So, after submitting the written statement, he has to wait for the call back? He cant physical go to the embassy and drop off this written statement? July 4th is right around the corner.

Yes, the interviewer said she would call him when she receives the statement and reviews it. He will be sending it via DHL tomorrow. Hopefully he will get a call right away. He received a business card from the interviewer with her direct email, so at least he can contact her later this week to check on the status if he doesn't hear anything from her.

I asked my fiancé how busy it was at the Embassy. He said it was packed. He arrived closer to 7:30 and he said the line was extremely long! He didn't get seen until 11am. He also said that there were only 3 interviewers. He said the one woman that was interviewing people, he was glad that he didn't have to go to her because almost everyone that went to her, she was telling they were rejected! So thankful he didn't get stuck seeing her! lol

Any update. I'm like waiting for July to come to see if we get schedule. Because by the looks I think they are going by every three month. Hopefully will here from them soon. Inshallah yah rab.

Filed: Timeline

My husband received his passport with visa and his package that will be turned in at the airport. Alhamdilah our visa journey is over. Im soooo happy we don't have to deal with this process again. God is good. I wish the rest of you all the best. Inshallah.

Timeline

My husband received his passport with visa and his package that will be turned in at the airport. Alhamdilah our visa journey is over. Im soooo happy we don't have to deal with this process again. God is good. I wish the rest of you all the best. Inshallah.

Great news and so happy for you! Still no word from the embassy about the paperwork my fiancé sent in. :( Back to waiting....

Timeline

MABROUK!!

biggrin.pngkicking.gifbiggrin.png

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

im so happy for u h-a-n i hope u guys the best of lucck nd i guess u will be leaving us now that u finished ur journey ..thanks for the updates u provioded they helped me much

Timeline

Well, I just checked the DoS website to check on the status of my fiancé's application... it states that he is now in AP.... Ugh... that is not what I wanted to see, but kind of figured it was so. Guess now have to wait 2 months or longer like just about everyone else here.... ClockWatch2.gifranting33va.gif

Haven't her from the embassy yet ???. Really am tired of all this waiting. I am warning all of my close friends to get married in the United States Bc this is a hassle. Lol. Really. Calling everyday and they still say your case is still in the nvc and emailing the sanna embassy and same aw.

Haven't her from the embassy yet ???. Really am tired of all this waiting. I am warning all of my close friends to get married in the United States Bc this is a hassle. Lol. Really. Calling everyday and they still say your case is still in the nvc and emailing the sanna embassy and same aw.

Timeline

im so happy for u h-a-n i hope u guys the best of lucck nd i guess u will be leaving us now that u finished ur journey ..thanks for the updates u provioded they helped me much

MyVisaJourney,

I saw in one of your posts that your husband is on AP... how long has he been waiting in AP? It is looking like the waiting time is 3 months, at least that is what a couple other people had said that their husbands were on AP for about that long....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.