Fitzy

I-751 January Filers, 2013

678 posts in this topic

I remember when was waiting for the the other stages of this stuff - they would actually send the check to the bank and you could see a copy of it on line.

This time is like automatic debit - there is no check copy linked to the withdrawal on-line at my bank site. Plus the NOA number does not work on the usic site - think i need bio letter (??) for the number.

I hate when there is a holiday thrown in there :)

As stated on the NOA, you will use the number on the ASC appointment letter for you to be able to check the status of your case on the USCIS website. My NOA number starts with WAC as well as the ASC letter but the succeeding numbers were not the same.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

I remember when was waiting for the the other stages of this stuff - they would actually send the check to the bank and you could see a copy of it on line.

This time is like automatic debit - there is no check copy linked to the withdrawal on-line at my bank site. Plus the NOA number does not work on the usic site - think i need bio letter (??) for the number.

I hate when there is a holiday thrown in there :)

I'm not sure where I read this but - the case number from the NOA1 did not work on the USCIS site for us, and there is a new number issued with the Biometrics appt letter and that did work. I read somewhere that this is the way it works, and that is the way it worked for us.

So, yep, you will need the bio letter to track it online.

Good luck on getting that soon!

Amy

K-1 Visa / I-129F

January 11, 2010 - I mailed K-1 Visa I-129F Petition Overnight Express Mail

February 25, 2010 - Notice date of NOA2 (read the e-mail notice on his birthday 2/26/2010)

May 12, 2010 - Interview - Approved!!!

May 25, 2010 - received Visa back in time to make May 26th Flight :)

June 9, 2010 - Married!!!

AOS:

November 1, 2010 - Sent AOS, EAD & AP to Chicago via Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation

November 03, 2010 - Delivered 9:57 am, CHICAGO, IL 60603

November 10, 2010 - Received 3 e-mail & text message NOA1s from USCIS

November 12, 2010 - Received 3 NOA1s hardcopy in mail

November 19, 2010 - Received Biometrics appointment letter in mail

December 3, 2010 - AOS - I-485 transferred to CSC

December 13, 2010 - Biometrics Appointment - Milwaukee, WI - 10:00 a.m.

January 10, 2011 - AOS Touch - I-485 - Still in Initial Review

January 19, 2011 - Complete Congresswoman inquiry paperwork and deliver it to Congresswoman's office

January 20, 2011 - Received e-mail & text message saying status updated : USCIS says AOS approved & card production ordered.

January 21, 2011 - Received multiple e-mails/texts regarding updated statuses on both AOS & EAD, some confusing!

January 26, 2011 - Received Legal Permanent Resident card in mail.

ROC:

January 2013 - Filed ROC & Received approval in June 2013

N-400 / Naturalization:

2020 - Started Naturalization ppwk prior to COVID pandemic, and when we couldn't get passport photos at local AAA office - set it aside

March 2021 - Finishing Naturalization ppwk and filing ASAP

October 4, 2022 - ASAP turned into putzing and putting off...and finally filing on 10/4/22.

11/25/22 - Received notice of N-400 Interview on 1/5/23

1/5/23 - Naturalization Interview

2/9/23 - Naturlization Oath Ceremony

I have a few question about the ROC.

We got a lot of greeting cards that was never sent in the mail just given to us in person. Would it be okay send some of them even if it doesn't have an address on it with ones that do? Does anyone have a link to an example of an affidavit?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

For tracking your case it does say in the NOA letter that you'll be able to track it once you receive your biometrics and to use the receipt number with it.

04/18/2009: When two became one

USCIS

03/04/2010: Submitted I-130

06/29/2010: NOA2

NVC

09/02/2010: 1-864 & IV Paid

10/16/2010: 1-864 delivered to NVC

10/27/2010: IV Package delivered to NVC

11/18/2010: AVR "Case Complete" at the NVC

02/14/2011: Medical

02/23/2011: Interview APPROVED!!!!

03/04/2011: Visa Recieved

03/04/2011: POE: Lewiston Bridge, Buffalo, NY

ROC

01/12/2013: I-751 Packet Submitted

01/14/2013: I-751 Packet Received (via certified mail)

01/18/2013: NOA1 Letter Received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Check cashed by VSC field office! Now awaiting NOA...

N-400

2014-01-21 - N-400 Sent

2014-01-28 - Check cashed, NOA

2014-01-31 - Biometrics letter

2014-02-20 - Biometrics done

2014-03-11 - In Line for Interview

2014-04-15 - Interview Scheduled

2014-05-22 - Interview - APPROVED!

2014-05-22 - Oath Ceremony

Hey guys. I've been following these boards for a while now but I only decided to register today. I am about to file my I-751 next week and I'm putting together all of my documents.

This is what I'm planning to send:

-I-751 form

-Copy of USCIS Form 1-551 (Permanent Resident Card Front & Back)

-Three sworn affidavits by US citizens attesting to our relationship and marriage.

-Copy of our joint US Tax return for 2011. As we have not filed our taxes for 2012 yet we do not have the tax returns for this year.

-Copies of airline and hotel reservations for numerous trips we have taken together in the last 2 years

-Photographs of us during vacations and photos with each other’s families and friends (from the last 2 years).

-Copies of bank statements (from our joint checking and savings accounts) for the past 3 months and also for every 3 months going back 2 years.

-Copies of utility bills (our condominium monthly assessment and our Cable) for the past 3 months and also for every 3 months going back 2 years.

-Copies of letters/cards from family members addressed to both of us.

-Copies of our employee account pages, listing each other as Emergency contacts.

-Check for the application fees

Am I forgetting anything? I've read that some people send copies of their driver's licences and/or passport-style photos but most of them filed several years ago. Should I assume that this was an old requirement that is no longer in effect?

Thanks in advance.

You're forgetting a piece of paper signing your soul to USCIS.

I'm kidding. Your packet looks good. Make sure you fill out all the boxes on the form. Don't leave anything blank. Use None or n/a if you have to.

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

23-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox (USPS EXPRESS)

27-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form delivered/picked up by USCIS

01-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form fee check cashed by USCIS

04-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form received per NOA1

09-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 notice date

14-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 on hand through USPS

30-JAN-2017 -:- N400 fingerprint taken

01-FEB-2017 -:- N400 interview schedule process started

26-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview date set (01SEP2017)

29-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview letter on hand

01-SEP-2017 -:- N400 interview date - Interview passed

10-OCT-2017-:- N400 oath ceremony letter on hand (oath on 26OCT2017)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey guys. I've been following these boards for a while now but I only decided to register today. I am about to file my I-751 next week and I'm putting together all of my documents.

What about 2010 taxes?

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

You're forgetting a piece of paper signing your soul to USCIS.

I'm kidding. Your packet looks good. Make sure you fill out all the boxes on the form. Don't leave anything blank. Use None or n/a if you have to.

Thanks for reminding me about the "N/A" and "None". By the way, even though I do not have a middle name, for some reason my name on my current green card is "Jason N". No idea what the N is supposed to be even though my dad's first name stats with an N. I guess I will put "None" as my middle name on the form. Given the "N" on my card do you think they'll think my middle name is actually "None"? :D

What about 2010 taxes?

I submitted my 2010 tax returns when I filed for my adjustment of status. Back then I was filing my taxes alone so either way these would not be helpful here I assume. Am I right? Thanks in advance.

Timeline

I submitted my 2010 tax returns when I filed for my adjustment of status. Back then I was filing my taxes alone so either way these would not be helpful here I assume. Am I right? Thanks in advance.

Were you married in 2010 (to file this month for ROC - you pretty much HAD to be)? If you were, why did you file single?

That's just me asking, but that'd be about the first thing I asked if I were an USCIS adjudicator...

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Timeline

Thanks for reminding me about the "N/A" and "None". By the way, even though I do not have a middle name, for some reason my name on my current green card is "Jason N". No idea what the N is supposed to be even though my dad's first name stats with an N. I guess I will put "None" as my middle name on the form. Given the "N" on my card do you think they'll think my middle name is actually "None"? :D

Well, you are stuck with that N name for now. You have not corrected it when you received your GC at first, so I wonder if it'll come up in the background check as "other names used". Maybe list it as "other names used" on your form then, since you are applying for ROC and removing the "N".

As far as that field (middle name) goes though, I'm pretty sure it's OK to leave it blank.

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Were you married in 2010 (to file this month for ROC - you pretty much HAD to be)? If you were, why did you file single?

That's just me asking, but that'd be about the first thing I asked if I were an USCIS adjudicator...

Thanks for your comments Martyshk.

Actually we got married in early January 2011 so technically we were not eligible to file our 2010 taxes jointly (at least this is what we were told).

[/size]

Well, you are stuck with that N name for now. You have not corrected it when you received your GC at first, so I wonder if it'll come up in the background check as "other names used". Maybe list it as "other names used" on your form then, since you are applying for ROC and removing the "N".

As far as that field (middle name) goes though, I'm pretty sure it's OK to leave it blank.

I see. In Bulgaria (just like in Ukraine and other slavic countries) your father's name often works as your middle name: Jason Georgi-ev Ivanov or Jason Mykolay-ovych Shevchenko. As a result, when I saw the "N" there I didn't think much of it. Only recently did I realize that in my original application I never mentioned about my "Bulgarian" middle name, not even in my "alternative names used". Still no idea how they came up with it.

Timeline

Thanks for your comments Martyshk.

Actually we got married in early January 2011 so technically we were not eligible to file our 2010 taxes jointly (at least this is what we were told).

Yeah, if you got married in '11, you couldn't file "married" for '10, you are correct in that.

May I ask how come you are filing for ROC already then? You mentioned sending documents next week, so it'd put the GC issue date at about April 2013, means it was issued about April 2011. Was your AOS that fast? Just curious.

I see. In Bulgaria (just like in Ukraine and other slavic countries) your father's name often works as your middle name: Jason Georgi-ev Ivanov or Jason Mykolay-ovych Shevchenko. As a result, when I saw the "N" there I didn't think much of it. Only recently did I realize that in my original application I never mentioned about my "Bulgarian" middle name, not even in my "alternative names used". Still no idea how they came up with it.

I kept "L" as my middle name just because.... to me it's some tribute to my father.

Edited by Martyshk

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Yeah, if you got married in '11, you couldn't file "married" for '10, you are correct in that.

May I ask how come you are filing for ROC already then? You mentioned sending documents next week, so it'd put the GC issue date at about April 2013, means it was issued about April 2011. Was your AOS that fast? Just curious.

Yes, apparently my stuff were processed pretty quickly. We sent all the papers in late January (I did my biometrics in early March I think) and had the card in late April.

I kept "L" as my middle name just because.... to me it's some tribute to my father.

I see. That's nice of you. I'm going to leave the "middle name" section empty on my I-751 and I will add the N as a middle name on the "alternative names used" section. The funny thing is that my last name can be spelled in 3 different ways so I'll probably run out of space listing them all with and without the N...

Also, after talking to my wife we decided that we may wanna wait to send the I-751 until we file our taxes for 2012. We are just waiting for our W-2s and these should be here in the next week or so. I wanted to send my I-751 out as soon as possible but it may worth waiting an extra week or two?

Finally, they cashed my check. Well, they are electronically withdrawing the money today 24-JAN-2013. And my wife and family was supposed to be home last night at 2200. They won't be home until 2000 today. But she made it through immigration without any problem even though her green card expires on 21-FEB-2013. I mailed her a copy of I751 to Bangladesh. Just wanted to have it with her in case they asked to see it. They didn't ask. Things are moving. Slowly but moving. Yay.

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

23-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox (USPS EXPRESS)

27-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form delivered/picked up by USCIS

01-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form fee check cashed by USCIS

04-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form received per NOA1

09-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 notice date

14-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 on hand through USPS

30-JAN-2017 -:- N400 fingerprint taken

01-FEB-2017 -:- N400 interview schedule process started

26-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview date set (01SEP2017)

29-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview letter on hand

01-SEP-2017 -:- N400 interview date - Interview passed

10-OCT-2017-:- N400 oath ceremony letter on hand (oath on 26OCT2017)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.