S<3B

Phone records question

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Another quick question, do you have any advice on how to handle phone records. I have my google voice records showing me (the UK citizen) calling her US cell phone number a lot. However it is just a number, we dont have anything identifying that number as hers, will this mean they disregard this evidence? The problem is her ATT phone line is registered under her step father who does not even have the same last name, so there is nothing to show that it is her number other than our word. If we give her ATT phone bills showing her recieving calls from my number which I can verify they still show it as being under her step-father. Should I just not include phone records?

Thanks so much!

For your initial filing you don't need to bother at all. They just want proof you have met within 2 years. For the embassy you could bring some phone records but I bet they probably wouldn't even look at them.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Keep it simple. If that applies to this anything here.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I had a similar situation. I'm on my daughter's ATT with my own phone number but the bill was in her name.

1. My number on the phone records matched the number I put on my petition.

2. My daughter added me as someone authorized to talk to ATT about the account. She wrote a letter for me explaining she is the primary account holder and my phone is on het plan.

3. I explained to ATT the situation and they added my name next to my phone number on the bill and I took a screenshot of it. From online.

Another quick question, do you have any advice on how to handle phone records. I have my google voice records showing me (the UK citizen) calling her US cell phone number a lot. However it is just a number, we dont have anything identifying that number as hers, will this mean they disregard this evidence? The problem is her ATT phone line is registered under her step father who does not even have the same last name, so there is nothing to show that it is her number other than our word. If we give her ATT phone bills showing her recieving calls from my number which I can verify they still show it as being under her step-father. Should I just not include phone records?

Thanks so much!

For the petition you need to prove--

• One is a US citizen
  • You've met in person in the last two years
  • You are both free to marry
  • You both intend to marry within 90 days of arrival

Where do phone records even fit into that picture? They don't. Stick with proving the basics and skip all the extra fluff is my suggestion. I didn't "get it" when I was in your position either, but the farther you go in the process, you start putting the big picture together and realize filling your applications with a pound of superfluous cr@p isn't really needed...especially from a low fraud country like the UK, where you speak the same language, are on a similar economic scale, and can easily visit on VWP. It's a whole lot different than the couple who met once and got engaged the first week they met, haven't seen each other since, don't speak the same language, and the foreign partner is not allowed to freely visit the US on visa waiver.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.