R&Z

Wait time for Oath Ceremony in New York

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hello All,

I was just wondering if anyone know when i should be expecting my letter for the Oath Ceremony. I live in Queens N.Y., and did the interview in Long Island. On Dec. 17, the status of my case changed from "Post Decision Activity", to "Oath Ceremony". below is the status being displayed when I check online.

P.S. I haven't received a letter for the "Post Decision Activity", but I did call them, and they stated that it was approved, and they are waiting on the Oath Ceremony to be scheduled.

On December 17, 2012, we placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Naturalization Applicants: you will receive your certificate at your oath ceremony. You can expect to be scheduled for an oath ceremony within 45 days of receiving your recommended approval. Many offices schedule approved applicants for the oath ceremony on the same day as the day of the interview. Please check the local office profile page on our website to determine if the office where you will be interviewed schedules same day oath ceremonies.

Filed: Timeline

You will receive Oath Notice very soon. It's just because of holidays they haven't conducted Oath here in NYC; otherwise Oath is conducted frequently in NYC and you will be accommodated given the facts that maximum of 300 people could take Oath in one ceremony in NYC. So just wait for a week or 10 days to receive the Oath letter. They may also call you to appear for the Oath ceremony as many of my friends got the call just a day before. Even my wife received the Oath notice just 4 days before the Oath ceremony. Given the capacity of Federal Courthouse in Brooklyn in conducting the oath for up to 300 people, it won't take long for them to squeeze you somewhere in there, believe me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello All,

I was just wondering if anyone know when i should be expecting my letter for the Oath Ceremony. I live in Queens N.Y., and did the interview in Long Island. On Dec. 17, the status of my case changed from "Post Decision Activity", to "Oath Ceremony". below is the status being displayed when I check online.

P.S. I haven't received a letter for the "Post Decision Activity", but I did call them, and they stated that it was approved, and they are waiting on the Oath Ceremony to be scheduled.

On December 17, 2012, we placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Naturalization Applicants: you will receive your certificate at your oath ceremony. You can expect to be scheduled for an oath ceremony within 45 days of receiving your recommended approval. Many offices schedule approved applicants for the oath ceremony on the same day as the day of the interview. Please check the local office profile page on our website to determine if the office where you will be interviewed schedules same day oath ceremonies.

hi, i become a citizen last dic 6th, i have mi interview here in long island as well on oct 10th, the long island court house is not not so big as the one in queens, it has the capacity for 140, 150 people they put me on scheduled two months later ...... :) good luck

Timeline

Hi All,

Just an update:

Received my letter in the mail today. Oath Ceremony is scheduled for January 29 2013 in Central Islip on 8:30 AM.

I do however have a question regarding traveling. We are planning to take a trip in the mid of February, how can I get travel documents to travel during this time?

I know if I expedite the passport application, it will take 2-3 weeks, and this will not be adequate time. Please advise.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Lildutch, there's a way to expedite your passport:

http://travel.state.gov/passport/npic/agencies/agencies_913.html

Citizenship process

12/15/2012: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

12/26/2012: NOA received

01/14/2013: Biometrics Appointment

10/18/2013: Placed in line for the interview

02/16/2013: Yellow letter received

02/19/2013: Interview letter received

03/20/2013: Interview/test

03/20/2013: Passed!!!!!

03/25/2013: Placed in the oath scheduling que (time to wait for the oath ceremony date)

04/05/2013: Oath ceremony schedule and notice its on its way!!!!

04/10/2013: Received oath ceremony letter

04/24/2013: Oath ceremony at 7:00 am!!

06/27/2013: Got married

11/14/2013: AOS package sent

11/18/2013: Package received

11/20/2013: USCIS email notification

12/16/2013: Biometrics appointment

01/15/2014: Got appointment letter

02/18/2014: Passed the interview

02/18/2014: Case approved!!!

02/22/2014: Got welcome letter

02/24/2014: Green card was mailed (time to wait)

01/21/2016: Petition to remove conditions sent

02/04/2016: CR-89 received, fingerprint appointment scheduled

08/02/2016: Status updated: "New card is being produced"

08/04/2016: Status updated: "We mailed your new card"

08/08/2016: Received new card, yayyyyy!!!

Filed: Timeline

Hi All,

Just an update:

Received my letter in the mail today. Oath Ceremony is scheduled for January 29 2013 in Central Islip on 8:30 AM.

I do however have a question regarding traveling. We are planning to take a trip in the mid of February, how can I get travel documents to travel during this time?

I know if I expedite the passport application, it will take 2-3 weeks, and this will not be adequate time. Please advise.

Didn't I tell you that trust me on receiving the notice in the mail very soon???? So, here you go....You have got Oath notice.

By the way, it doesn't take 2-3 weeks to get your US passport expediteously. If you want to get the US passport within one day then you MUST need to make an appointment now with one of the regional passport offices, whether in NYC or surrounding locations like PA or CT, wherein they can give you earlier appointment. One of my friends from NYC went to Philly and another friend went to CT to get the same day passport since they couldn't get the appointment in the passport office in NYC. They would give the US passport same day, within 2-3 hours, but you will need to pay extra along with taking appointment, brining proof of your up-coming travel. So go ahead and make the appointment right away even though you have not take the oath yet.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Didn't I tell you that trust me on receiving the notice in the mail very soon???? So, here you go....You have got Oath notice.

By the way, it doesn't take 2-3 weeks to get your US passport expediteously. If you want to get the US passport within one day then you MUST need to make an appointment now with one of the regional passport offices, whether in NYC or surrounding locations like PA or CT, wherein they can give you earlier appointment. One of my friends from NYC went to Philly and another friend went to CT to get the same day passport since they couldn't get the appointment in the passport office in NYC. They would give the US passport same day, within 2-3 hours, but you will need to pay extra along with taking appointment, brining proof of your up-coming travel. So go ahead and make the appointment right away even though you have not take the oath yet.

Thank you all for the advice on the passport. Your advice is much appreciated.

Wileroa59,

After making this thread, I got the letter the following day. Like you said..patience. Thank you.

• 1 year later...

I have taken my test and interview back on december 2nd, 2013 in san bernardino office in california and eversince my status online has not changed as well as I have not received any oath letter. I passed my test and was recommended for approval at the end of interview. I have no criminal record at all.

does anybody know or have the same issue as mine, it would be appreciated if you explain your thought on this...

Hi All,

Just an update:

Hi. I took my interview in Long Island too on Dec. 23, 2013. I received my oath letter after a few days and my oath ceremony will be on Jan. 16, 2014. How come I was scheduled earlier than you? That's strange.

You're responding to a thread from over a year ago, that's probably why tongue.png

Timeline:

2005-04-14: met online

2005-09-03: met in person

2007-02-26: filed for K-1

2007-03-19: K-1 approved

2007-06-11: K-1 in hand

2007-07-03: arrived in USA

2007-07-21: got married, yay!

2007-07-28: applied for green card

2008-02-19: conditional green card in hand

2010-01-05: applied for removal of conditions

2010-06-14: 10-year green card in hand

2013-11-19: applied for US citizenship

2014-02-10: became a US citizen

2014-02-22: applied for US passport

2014-03-14: received US passport

• 2 years later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello All,

Hi. Where do you check your case status?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread from 2012 is now closed to further comment.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.