The size of our footballs fields and one less down

Baseball is Canadian

Lacrosse is Canadian

Hockey is Canadian

Basketball is Canadian

Apple pie is Canadian

Mr. Dress-up kicks Mr. Rogers ###

Tim Hortons kicks Dunkin' Donuts ###

In the war of 1812, started by America, Canadians pushed the Americans back...past their 'White House'. Then we burned it...and most of Washington, under the command of William Lyon McKenzie who was insane and hammered all the time. We got bored because they ran away, so we came home and partied...Go figure..

Canada has the largest French population that never surrendered to Germany.

We have the largest English population that never ever surrendered or withdrew during any war to anyone, anywhere.

Our civil war was a bar fight that lasted a little over an hour.

The only person who was arrested in our civil war was an American mercenary, who slept in and missed the whole thing... but showed up just in time to get caught.

We knew plaid was cool far before Seattle caught on.

The Hudsons Bay Company once owned over 10% of the earth's surface and is still around as the worlds oldest company.

The average dog sled team can kill and devour a full grown human in under 3 minutes.

We still know what to do with all the parts of a buffalo.

We don't marry our kin-folk.

We invented ski-doos, jet-skis, velcro, zippers, insulin, penicillin, zambonis, the telephone and short wave radios that save countless lives each year.

We ALL have frozen our tongues to something metal and lived to tell about it.

A Canadian invented Superman.

The handles on our beer cases are big enough to fit your hands with mitts on.

Oh yeah... and our elections only take one day.

*January 24 2006 - mailed in I129-F petition

*January 25 2006 - I129-F received at CSC

*January 30 2006 - packet returned.....arggggggggg we forgot one signature!!

*January 31 2006 - sent I129-F back to the CSC, hope we did not forget anything else

*February 1 2006 - I129-F received at CSC again

*February 3 2006 - NOA1

*April 20 2006 - NOA2!!!!!

*April 24 2006 - Touched!

*May 15 2006 - NVC received petition today!

*May 17 2006 - Case left NVC today!!

*May 30 2006 - Received Packet 3 from Vancouver!

*May 30 2006 - Faxed back Packet 3!!

*June 6 2006 - Received packet 4!

*June 20 2006 - Medical in Saskatoon

*June 28 2006 - Interview in Vancouver!!

*June 28 2006 - GOT THE VISA!!!*June 30 2006 - Moving day!

*July 3 2006 - Home at last!!

*July 28 2006 - married!

*September 13 2006 - Mailed AOS/EAD package

*September 25 2006 - Received NOA for AOS/EAD

*October 6 2006 - Biometrics appointments

*October 10 2006 - Touched!

*October 19 2006 - Transferred to CSC!

*October 26 2006 - Received by CSC

*October 27 2006 - Touched

*October 28 2006 - Touched again

*October 31 2006 - Touched again

*November 2 2006 - Touched again

*November 3 2006- and another touch

*November 7 2006- touched

*November 7 2006 - My case approved, still waiting for kids!

*November 8 2006 - Touched my case again

*November 13 2006 - Greencard arrived...yeah I can work!

*November 14 2006 - Touched my case again

*January 2007 - RFE for kids Greencard.

*February 2007 - kids medical and sent in RFE

*February 2007 - Received kids greencards

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
:lol: Don't be offended this is just funny

Reasons Canada is better than the US

Smarties

Crispy Crunch, Coffee Crisp

Baseball is Canadian

Lacrosse is Canadian

Hockey is Canadian

Basketball is Canadian

Apple pie is Canadian

In the war of 1812, started by America, Canadians pushed the Americans back...past their 'White House'. Then we burned it...and most of Washington, under the command of William Lyon McKenzie who was insane and hammered all the time. We got bored because they ran away, so we came home and partied...Go figure..

We have the largest English population that never ever surrendered or withdrew during any war to anyone, anywhere.

The only person who was arrested in our civil war was an American mercenary, who slept in and missed the whole thing... but showed up just in time to get caught.

The Hudsons Bay Company once owned over 10% of the earth's surface and is still around as the worlds oldest company.

The average dog sled team can kill and devour a full grown human in under 3 minutes.

We invented ski-doos, jet-skis, velcro, zippers, insulin, penicillin, zambonis, the telephone and short wave radios that save countless lives each year.

That's not all together true. Some of that is true, but not ALL of it. I'm not offended by the humorous nature of it, just taken aback by how inaccurate some of it is...

I shall address each INCORRECT issue and leave the correct issues alone.

1. The fact that Canadian football fields are smaller does not make them better; to say so is an opinion.

2. To say that Mr. Dress-up is better than Mr. Rogers (and I've personally never liked Mr. Rogers) is an opinion.

3. To say that Tim Horton's is better than Dunkin' Donuts is also an opinion. However, one confectionary place left out is Krispy Kreme. I happen to think they are quite good. ;)

4. Apple Pie is not Canadian in origin. It's actually European, with roots going back to the English, the Dutch, and the French. Canada may have picked up on apple pie due to English and French influences, but apple pie is not a distinctly Canadian food product.

5. In the War of 1812, the American forces burned down Toronto (then called York). It's a misnomer to say that the Canadians pushed back the Americans and burned down the White House. Why is this? All historical data proves that it was the British who did that, not the Canadians. British forces were stationed in Canada at the time, and although there were colonial (Canadian) militia, the majority of the force were British regulars. To further make my point, Canada was not it's own country at the time of the War of 1812 -- it would not become so until July 1, 1867 (hence "Canada Day") and therefore, any actions taken by the colonial Canadian militia would fall under the umbrella of Great Britain and as a British subject. So while it's true that the White House (and most of Washington, D.C.) was burned down, it was not Canada that performed the deed, it was Great Britain and the British Army.

6. I don't see what having the "largest Frech population that never surrendered to Germany" has to do with being "better" than the United States. If anything, that'd make Canada better than France. The U.S. never surrendered to Germany; Germany surrendered to the United States and its allies.

7. The idea that Americans marry their cousins or other relatives is illegal and was practiced so infrequently that it's almost not even worth mentioning. In addition, many other countries have had problems with inbreeding, and I'm sure Canada has had people who've married their cousins or other relatives before such an act was made illegal. Some people are just sick in the head, and that sickness goes beyond country borders.

8. You can't "invent" insulin. A team of Canadian reserachers received the Nobel Prize in 1923 for the "discovery" of insulin, but they didn't invent it. It's also been argued by many that Nicolae Paulescu, a professor of physiology at the Romanian School of Medicine, published similar work in 1921 that was carried out in France and patented in Romania, and should be the rightful discoverer of insulin. So the verdict is still out on that one.

Jet-Ski's were not invented by a Canadian, but by an American named Clayton Jacobson II, and built by Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd.

As far as Ski-Doo's are concerned, yes, a Canadian did invent those; however, the first snowmobile was invented by an American (Carl Eliason of Sayner, Wisconsin).

Velcro was not invented by a Canadian, but by Swiss engineer Georges de Mestral, who named Velcro after the French worda "velours" meaning velvet and "crochet" meaning hook.

The zipper was not invented by a Canadian, but by a Swedish-born immigrant to the United States named Gideon Sundback in Meadville, Pennsylvania.

Pencillin was not discovered by a Canadian, but by Scottish scientist Alexander Flemming, at his laboratory in St. Mary's Hospital in London, England.

The Zamboni machine was not invented by a Canadian, but by U.S. inventor Frank Joseph Zamboni, Jr., born in Eureka, Utah.

The reason you must think that the inventor of the telephone is Canadian is because Scottish-born Alexander Graham Bell moved to Canada (and then the United States). However, Bell is not the only person credited with the invention of the telephone -- others such as Italian-born inventor Antonio Meucci; German-born inventor Johann Philip Reis, and American-born inventor Elisha Grey have all recieved credit for inventing the telephone as well. So it really depends which story you believe, and then if you consider Bell a Canadian simply because he moved to Canada before moving to the U.S. even though he was born in Scotland.

You must be thinking of Canadian-born inventor Reginald Fessenden, who -- with Lee De Forest, an American-born inventor -- dramatically furthered the cause of radio broadcasting. He is, however, only one of five people who are nicknamed "the inventor of the radio." The other four are Russian-born inventor Alexander Stepanovich Popov; Serbian-born inventor Nikola Tesla, who later moved to the U.S.; Italian-born inventor Guglielmo Marconi, and American-born inventor Edwin H. Armstrong, who is credited with being the father of FM radio. So like with the telephone, it's currently unknown who is the "real" inventor of the radio. I suppose one could pick and choose, but the truth of the matter is, each of these men did something to create the radio as we know it today.

9. Superman was created by two people -- American-born writer Jerry Siegel and Canadian-born artist Joe Shuster in 1932, while both were growing up in Cleveland, Ohio. So to say Superman was created solely by a Canadian is a complete spin on the truth.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

:lol: Don't be offended this is just funny

Reasons Canada is better than the US

Smarties

Crispy Crunch, Coffee Crisp

Baseball is Canadian

Lacrosse is Canadian

Hockey is Canadian

Basketball is Canadian

Apple pie is Canadian

That's not all together true. Some of that is true, but not ALL of it. I'm not offended by the humorous nature of it, just taken aback by how inaccurate some of it is...

I shall address each INCORRECT issue and leave the correct issues alone.

1. The fact that Canadian football fields are smaller does not make them better; to say so is an opinion.

2. To say that Mr. Dress-up is better than Mr. Rogers (and I've personally never liked Mr. Rogers) is an opinion.

3. To say that Tim Horton's is better than Dunkin' Donuts is also an opinion. However, one confectionary place left out is Krispy Kreme. I happen to think they are quite good. ;)

4. Apple Pie is not Canadian in origin. It's actually European, with roots going back to the English, the Dutch, and the French. Canada may have picked up on apple pie due to English and French influences, but apple pie is not a distinctly Canadian food product.

5. In the War of 1812, the American forces burned down Toronto (then called York). It's a misnomer to say that the Canadians pushed back the Americans and burned down the White House. Why is this? All historical data proves that it was the British who did that, not the Canadians. British forces were stationed in Canada at the time, and although there were colonial (Canadian) militia, the majority of the force were British regulars. To further make my point, Canada was not it's own country at the time of the War of 1812 -- it would not become so until July 1, 1867 (hence "Canada Day") and therefore, any actions taken by the colonial Canadian militia would fall under the umbrella of Great Britain and as a British subject. So while it's true that the White House (and most of Washington, D.C.) was burned down, it was not Canada that performed the deed, it was Great Britain and the British Army.

6. I don't see what having the "largest Frech population that never surrendered to Germany" has to do with being "better" than the United States. If anything, that'd make Canada better than France. The U.S. never surrendered to Germany; Germany surrendered to the United States and its allies.

7. The idea that Americans marry their cousins or other relatives is illegal and was practiced so infrequently that it's almost not even worth mentioning. In addition, many other countries have had problems with inbreeding, and I'm sure Canada has had people who've married their cousins or other relatives before such an act was made illegal. Some people are just sick in the head, and that sickness goes beyond country borders.

8. You can't "invent" insulin. A team of Canadian reserachers received the Nobel Prize in 1923 for the "discovery" of insulin, but they didn't invent it. It's also been argued by many that Nicolae Paulescu, a professor of physiology at the Romanian School of Medicine, published similar work in 1921 that was carried out in France and patented in Romania, and should be the rightful discoverer of insulin. So the verdict is still out on that one.

Jet-Ski's were not invented by a Canadian, but by an American named Clayton Jacobson II, and built by Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd.

As far as Ski-Doo's are concerned, yes, a Canadian did invent those; however, the first snowmobile was invented by an American (Carl Eliason of Sayner, Wisconsin).

Velcro was not invented by a Canadian, but by Swiss engineer Georges de Mestral, who named Velcro after the French worda "velours" meaning velvet and "crochet" meaning hook.

The zipper was not invented by a Canadian, but by a Swedish-born immigrant to the United States named Gideon Sundback in Meadville, Pennsylvania.

Pencillin was not discovered by a Canadian, but by Scottish scientist Alexander Flemming, at his laboratory in St. Mary's Hospital in London, England.

The Zamboni machine was not invented by a Canadian, but by U.S. inventor Frank Joseph Zamboni, Jr., born in Eureka, Utah.

The reason you must think that the inventor of the telephone is Canadian is because Scottish-born Alexander Graham Bell moved to Canada (and then the United States). However, Bell is not the only person credited with the invention of the telephone -- others such as Italian-born inventor Antonio Meucci; German-born inventor Johann Philip Reis, and American-born inventor Elisha Grey have all recieved credit for inventing the telephone as well. So it really depends which story you believe, and then if you consider Bell a Canadian simply because he moved to Canada before moving to the U.S. even though he was born in Scotland.

You must be thinking of Canadian-born inventor Reginald Fessenden, who -- with Lee De Forest, an American-born inventor -- dramatically furthered the cause of radio broadcasting. He is, however, only one of five people who are nicknamed "the inventor of the radio." The other four are Russian-born inventor Alexander Stepanovich Popov; Serbian-born inventor Nikola Tesla, who later moved to the U.S.; Italian-born inventor Guglielmo Marconi, and American-born inventor Edwin H. Armstrong, who is credited with being the father of FM radio. So like with the telephone, it's currently unknown who is the "real" inventor of the radio. I suppose one could pick and choose, but the truth of the matter is, each of these men did something to create the radio as we know it today.

9. Superman was created by two people -- American-born writer Jerry Siegel and Canadian-born artist Joe Shuster in 1932, while both were growing up in Cleveland, Ohio. So to say Superman was created solely by a Canadian is a complete spin on the truth.

I bet you are not invited to a lot of parties :no:

*January 24 2006 - mailed in I129-F petition

*January 25 2006 - I129-F received at CSC

*January 30 2006 - packet returned.....arggggggggg we forgot one signature!!

*January 31 2006 - sent I129-F back to the CSC, hope we did not forget anything else

*February 1 2006 - I129-F received at CSC again

*February 3 2006 - NOA1

*April 20 2006 - NOA2!!!!!

*April 24 2006 - Touched!

*May 15 2006 - NVC received petition today!

*May 17 2006 - Case left NVC today!!

*May 30 2006 - Received Packet 3 from Vancouver!

*May 30 2006 - Faxed back Packet 3!!

*June 6 2006 - Received packet 4!

*June 20 2006 - Medical in Saskatoon

*June 28 2006 - Interview in Vancouver!!

*June 28 2006 - GOT THE VISA!!!*June 30 2006 - Moving day!

*July 3 2006 - Home at last!!

*July 28 2006 - married!

*September 13 2006 - Mailed AOS/EAD package

*September 25 2006 - Received NOA for AOS/EAD

*October 6 2006 - Biometrics appointments

*October 10 2006 - Touched!

*October 19 2006 - Transferred to CSC!

*October 26 2006 - Received by CSC

*October 27 2006 - Touched

*October 28 2006 - Touched again

*October 31 2006 - Touched again

*November 2 2006 - Touched again

*November 3 2006- and another touch

*November 7 2006- touched

*November 7 2006 - My case approved, still waiting for kids!

*November 8 2006 - Touched my case again

*November 13 2006 - Greencard arrived...yeah I can work!

*November 14 2006 - Touched my case again

*January 2007 - RFE for kids Greencard.

*February 2007 - kids medical and sent in RFE

*February 2007 - Received kids greencards

Smarties are more like a sweet tart in the States. And M+M's are better. I'll agree with you about Tim's becase it's nicer than Double D, but Wawa trumps them both. Canadian Football fields are wider than US. There was a Canadian who played for the Philadelphia Eagles and he said when he was in college, he ran out of bounds becausethe feild "was too narrow".

funny post regardless. :lol:

CIS Office : Philadelphia PA

08/25/09 I-751 Sent to VSC

08/26/09 Package arrives at VSC

08/31/09 Check is Cashed/Clears

08/27/09 NOA

09/24/09 Biometrics

11/24/09 Approval letter arrives!

If we're splitting hairs over 'inventing' versus 'discovering' that insulin regulates blood sugar, then we all need to get out in the sunshine and play a little more because our humor muscle needs exercising.

Other cool things about Canada: the robot arm on the space station, the dinosaurs in Drumheller. Not cool things: GST. Though it does make tip easy to calculate.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Actually, Gideon Sundback was living in the Niagara peninsula - St. Catharines, Ontario , when he invented the zipper as a means to closing ladies boots. It was not called a zipper originally but a lightening fastener.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I bet you are not invited to a lot of parties :no:

Actually, I'm invited to quite a few parties; I don't always go though... ;)

Actually, Gideon Sundback was living in the Niagara peninsula - St. Catharines, Ontario , when he invented the zipper as a means to closing ladies boots. It was not called a zipper originally but a lightening fastener.

Well...upon further research, I found an issue with that and my previous statement. I've discovered sources that state two completely opposite things. While both sources claim Gideon Sundback was Swedish-born, one source says he had immigrated to the United States and invented the zipper in Meadville, Pennsylvania; the other source proclaims that Sunback immigrated to Canada and invented the zipper at St. Catharines, Ontario.

Because there's no definite way to know which story is true (at least with online information -- perhaps I'll look this up in a book at the library), I'm filing this one away as "unknown." That doesn't mean Kathryn can't be right (and that I can't be wrong), it's just that I see conflicting information. :unsure:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.