angel7407

Off topic for Philippines

18 posts in this topic

I'm happy for both gorgeous ladies (Miss USA and Philippines)

It's just a pageant, sis. God bless you! :)

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart

and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways submit to Him,
and He will make your paths straight.

In GOD we trust. † = ♥

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I can't believe Miss Philippines only got the first runner-up title...hmmmmmmmppppppp!!!! So disappointed of the result!

My fiance (in the philippines) and I (in the US) were watching it together, although she had a bit of a delay. She predicted USA would win. I thought it would come down to those two, but I believe Miss Philippines should have won. They were both good, but I think a little home cooking took place last night for Miss USA. Miss Philippines answer was much better than all of them, especially Miss Venezuela - She talked about making a law for surfing - that was hilarious :rofl:

I Looooooove my baby Lyn.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know it is just a pageant but we also know where the crown should be. My favorites were really Venezuela, Croatia and Phils. I really thought Venezuela would win, but when her answer went in a different direction, I knew it was Phils. Even my American husband was shocked why USA won over Phils. Oh well...of course it's USA who will win.

Timeline

Ditto! Miss USA was beautiful as well and it is great that Miss Philippines took runner up! :dance:

No doubt Ms USA is pretty, she really is. But Ms Philippines deserved to win. She's pretty, great poise, elegance, confident and with substance. Answer was out of the ordinary than Ms USA. But still congratulations to USA!

Timeline

My fiance (in the philippines) and I (in the US) were watching it together, although she had a bit of a delay. She predicted USA would win. I thought it would come down to those two, but I believe Miss Philippines should have won. They were both good, but I think a little home cooking took place last night for Miss USA. Miss Philippines answer was much better than all of them, especially Miss Venezuela - She talked about making a law for surfing - that was hilarious :rofl:

I can't agree more. Philippines deserved the crown. No offense meant to USA, but maybe if it was another country who's a close competitor to Phils, Im sure that they will give the crown to Phils.

A law for surfing? I couldn't figure out what she was babbling about. I thought she was a good candidate up until the Q/A. I thought Ms Philippines had it for sure after the question and answer.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Miss China what ? ;)

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I can't agree more. Philippines deserved the crown. No offense meant to USA, but maybe if it was another country who's a close competitor to Phils, Im sure that they will give the crown to Phils.

My wife should win :devil:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

My wife said the same as you last night. I, the husband, am the one who took it hard that Miss Philippines didnt win.

My wife should win :devil:

:thumbs:

I told my fiancee last night that she was more beautiful then Miss Philippines and Miss USA. Her reply? "bola bola!" I don't think she believed how sincere I was! :no:

Speaking of pageants...about 6 months ago I was at a pageant with my fiance overseas....it was all filipinas. I was amazed at how serious they take those things! And the prize was only a cheap trophy.

I was asked before it began to be a judge, I declined because I just wanted to drink some beer and enjoy the scenery. Glad I declined, as her aunt was a contestant and she was seriously the worst contestant. She somehow ended up getting 2nd runner up I think, but I would've voted her dead last and she probably would've been pissed at me.

I've been to a couple of these and they get so competitive. Every one I've been to ends with arguements and a protest of the results.

Indeed, Miss Philippines delivered the better answer. Miss USA also proved that you don't need to be 5'7" up to be a Miss Universe. I'm happy for both ladies. Miss Venezuela was indeed very funny especially during the Q & A portion. Like her million watt smile though. :D

Speaking of pageants...about 6 months ago I was at a pageant with my fiance overseas....it was all filipinas. I was amazed at how serious they take those things! And the prize was only a cheap trophy.

I was asked before it began to be a judge, I declined because I just wanted to drink some beer and enjoy the scenery. Glad I declined, as her aunt was a contestant and she was seriously the worst contestant. She somehow ended up getting 2nd runner up I think, but I would've voted her dead last and she probably would've been pissed at me.

I've been to a couple of these and they get so competitive. Every one I've been to ends with arguements and a protest of the results.

Hahaha! :rofl: There are some people here who take the pageant too seriously like there's no tomorrow. :D

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart

and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways submit to Him,
and He will make your paths straight.

In GOD we trust. † = ♥

Hahaha! :rofl: There are some people here who take the pageant too seriously like there's no tomorrow. :D

True, but I don't think that the Philippines has a reality show quite like "Honey Boo Boo"! :no:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.