6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi guys, has anyone whose application was put on administrative processing for background checks within the last 4 months had any luck with their application? Have you heard from the U.S. embassy in Ghana about the outcome? Is you AP over and how long did it take? Did you or your beneficiary do a second interview? Any response will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My husband was put in AP from March - October 2012....Ended up having an I-130 interview and he was approved.

My boys were put into AP from July - November 2012....Ended up having an I-130 interview and they were approved.

Oops...we are Nigeria. I didn't see you were asking about Ghana specifically. Sorry.

Edited by Kazulie

HUSBAND'S CASE

9/17/2011 - sent I-13

09/19/2011 - noa1 received

3/16/2012 - case sent to my local USCIS office for additional processing

4/21/2012 - AP. If we haven't heard from them in SIX MONTHS (omg) we can feel free to call them!!! Thanks!

9/20/2012 - Interview scheduled - October 3!!!!

10/3/2012 - Interview went well but she must look at his A-file more before decision.

10/12/2012 - I-130 APPROVED! APPROVED! APPROVED!

KIDS' CASES

04/20/2012: NOA107/20/2012: instead of an approval, we got thrown into AP. sigh

11/01/2012: Boys' I-130 interview set for November 28, 2012.

11/28/2012: I-130s APPROVED! APPROVED! APPROVED!

NVC

12/14/2012: NVC Received

12/31/2012: Case number/IIN

12/31/2012: DS-3032 sent

01/08/2013: DS-3032 accepted

01/02/2013: AOS bill0

1/03/2013: AOS bill shows PAID

01/04/2013: AOS package sent

01/09/2013: IV bill

01/10/2013: IV bill shows PAID

01/11/2013: IV package sent

01/23/2013: Case complete

02/01/2013: Interview scheduled

US Embassy Lagos

02/22/2013: Embassy received

03/01/2013: Medical

03/20/2013: Interview - was told the boys would have been approved on the spot if they had pics! Errrr :-(

04/15/2013: DNA test

05/15/2013: Emailed embassy BEGGING them to let boys drop off passports for visa insertion. IT WORKED!!!

05/31/2013: Visa in hand

06/02/2013: POE JFK!!!!!!

5spxll0m6aa.png

Timeline

I have been in AP since Dec.6,2011 and i was called 2 weeks ago to go and update my police report and my medicals at Holy Trinity and i was asked to come to Interview on the 18th of December which was Yesterday at 1pm and i got approved..For my surprise,the CO did not even ask of the tax transcript that the first interviewer asked me to bring.He didn't even look at it.All what he asked me was did my fiance been convicted of any crime and i said no and he gave me a pamphlet to inform all immigrants who got married to American citizens to know how the Domestic Violence Laws work in the USA.I thank God that,this is one side over.I wish u also the best and i know and believe that,u will also be called like how i have been called and got approved.Thanks.

Timeline

Hi Makafui,

Thanks very much for the response and I am very happy for you especially after that long wait. I really hope mine doesn't take that long. I need some clarifications from you. So were you put on AP Dec.6,2011 because of the tax transcript or was for background checks but you were also missing (or didn't accept) the tax transcript on your first interview? Did they specifically say you had to come for a second interview or they just asked you those questions when you showed up and how many days/weeks/months was it between the day they called and your interview date, if I may ask? Were you ask to bring extra evidence of ongoing relationship since your first interview.

I have been in AP since Dec.6,2011 and i was called 2 weeks ago to go and update my police report and my medicals at Holy Trinity and i was asked to come to Interview on the 18th of December which was Yesterday at 1pm and i got approved..For my surprise,the CO did not even ask of the tax transcript that the first interviewer asked me to bring.He didn't even look at it.All what he asked me was did my fiance been convicted of any crime and i said no and he gave me a pamphlet to inform all immigrants who got married to American citizens to know how the Domestic Violence Laws work in the USA.I thank God that,this is one side over.I wish u also the best and i know and believe that,u will also be called like how i have been called and got approved.Thanks.

Timeline

What the CO who interviewed me in 6th December 2011(first) said was that,She gave me form 221g and she marked one thing which is Tax transcript for 2009 and 2010.First i went there with Tax Return and she told me that,They also need tax transcript and she asked me to informed my fiancee to order it from IRS.All is for background check which includes all the documents that we have provided.They will also go to all the addresses that u have listed on the form that u have lived before and also go to your schools that u have attended and also your work places to see if you have any criminal records.She didn't asked me for additional evidence because all what i have provided make her satisfied.When she gave to me the form 221g,she wrote this on it..OPEN DATE,WE WILL CALL.And she told me that,they call me at anytime so i should get my phone always on and i asked her when exactly will they call me and said that,she cant tell but they will definitely call me before the end of 2012.After 60 days without hearing from them,then i started sending them emails every months.One of the email that i sent to them and they replied me to come to the embassy was:

Please come to the US Embassy, Accra on December 18th 2012 at 1:00 PM to speak with a consular officer regarding your case.

Please bring any requested documents from your last interview as well an updated police certificate and updated medicals from Holy Trinity.

Please also bring a copy of this email for admittance to the consular section.

Sincerely,

U.S. Embassy Accra

Consular Section

I believe that,You will be called.keep praying and God time is the best and i pray that,you will not take long like how i was.I nearly got mad about the whole processing because i never expected the whole process to take that long but it helps to wait. "Awaiting Result of Administrative Processing" is something i don't want again in my life.Good Luck.

Timeline

Thanks very much Makafui. I am praying and hoping that they get back to us very soon.

What the CO who interviewed me in 6th December 2011(first) said was that,She gave me form 221g and she marked one thing which is Tax transcript for 2009 and 2010.First i went there with Tax Return and she told me that,They also need tax transcript and she asked me to informed my fiancee to order it from IRS.All is for background check which includes all the documents that we have provided.They will also go to all the addresses that u have listed on the form that u have lived before and also go to your schools that u have attended and also your work places to see if you have any criminal records.She didn't asked me for additional evidence because all what i have provided make her satisfied.When she gave to me the form 221g,she wrote this on it..OPEN DATE,WE WILL CALL.And she told me that,they call me at anytime so i should get my phone always on and i asked her when exactly will they call me and said that,she cant tell but they will definitely call me before the end of 2012.After 60 days without hearing from them,then i started sending them emails every months.One of the email that i sent to them and they replied me to come to the embassy was:

Please come to the US Embassy, Accra on December 18th 2012 at 1:00 PM to speak with a consular officer regarding your case.

Please bring any requested documents from your last interview as well an updated police certificate and updated medicals from Holy Trinity.

Please also bring a copy of this email for admittance to the consular section.

Sincerely,

U.S. Embassy Accra

Consular Section

I believe that,You will be called.keep praying and God time is the best and i pray that,you will not take long like how i was.I nearly got mad about the whole processing because i never expected the whole process to take that long but it helps to wait. "Awaiting Result of Administrative Processing" is something i don't want again in my life.Good Luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.