Dirk

Visa in Hand!!

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I flew to Manila this morning to get my fiancé, have learned a lesson already, never book a one way ticket to Manila, they will not let you enter the country without a outbound ticket, I ended up having to buy a ticket to hong kong in order to board my flight.

As many wonder the tracking of visas, here is what I learned after talking to an American at the USEM. I had to go this morning for a reason outside my fiancé so I was able to talk to someone who gave me the lowdown. I told him that they should post these details on the website as it would save them many calls, he laughed and said, they will still call regardless as people are impatient and reminded me that Imigration is privilege not a righ and people need to patient. Regardless if we love someone these guys are protecting the interest of the USA. He stated that the fraud rate is so high they have to be careful.

When you track your passport via passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com, it shows many things, and confuses people. Understand this, every time the passport moves at emabssy it gives a status, one of them is origination scan, you will also get no update available, this all means it is going from one unit to another, and when no update is given it means it bent processed or being reviewed, Also when you see picked it up it means it was picked up by the next internal embassy unit. Still with post means it is ready and about to leave, and transit from post means it has been given to 2go.

The 2go shows status once they get the package. It is best to wait 1 day once you get the status and if you are picking up, go to the office as in our case they did not call or text. We were all over it due to timing

The infomus do not open had the corner of the envelope cut, the reason they are doing this now is stop people from being curious and trying to open the envelope.

I'm thankful for the info the American at the emabssy gave me.

I have also found that if your fiancé has attend CFO prior to her visa, If you are in town, go with her for the stamp. We were in and out in 20 minutes. We over heard the guy tell the girl. The cano is waiting with his fiancé, make this priority as we do no want to look bad to the Amercian... Interesting

We are booked on flight for Sunday back to the USA and will be getting married Tuesday.

Thank you all of the help that you have given. This board helps a lot and can save many headaches.

I flew to Manila this morning to get my fiancé, have learned a lesson already, never book a one way ticket to Manila, they will not let you enter the country without a outbound ticket, I ended up having to buy a ticket to hong kong in order to board my flight. USC need to have a roundtrip tickets to go to the Philippines

As many wonder the tracking of visas, here is what I learned after talking to an American at the USEM. I had to go this morning for a reason outside my fiancé so I was able to talk to someone who gave me the lowdown. I told him that they should post these details on the website as it would save them many calls, he laughed and said, they will still call regardless as people are impatient and reminded me that Imigration is privilege not a righ and people need to patient. Regardless if we love someone these guys are protecting the interest of the USA. He stated that the fraud rate is so high they have to be careful.

When you track your passport via passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com, it shows many things, and confuses people. Understand this, every time the passport moves at emabssy it gives a status, one of them is origination scan, you will also get no update available, this all means it is going from one unit to another, and when no update is given it means it bent processed or being reviewed, Also when you see picked it up it means it was picked up by the next internal embassy unit. Still with post means it is ready and about to leave, and transit from post means it has been given to 2go. That email address is very unreliable and we had a better response with this email, IVManilaReplies@state.gov although it took them a couple of days to reply.

The 2go shows status once they get the package. It is best to wait 1 day once you get the status and if you are picking up, go to the office as in our case they did not call or text. We were all over it due to timing. Passport #, UID or MNL case # will show invalid up until 2go has received the package. They'll email and call you once it's in their system and ready for pick up.

The infomus do not open had the corner of the envelope cut, the reason they are doing this now is stop people from being curious and trying to open the envelope. Or tamper any information.

I'm thankful for the info the American at the emabssy gave me.

I have also found that if your fiancé has attend CFO prior to her visa, If you are in town, go with her for the stamp. We were in and out in 20 minutes. We over heard the guy tell the girl. The cano is waiting with his fiancé, make this priority as we do no want to look bad to the Amercian... Interesting. Interesting indeed

We are booked on flight for Sunday back to the USA and will be getting married Tuesday. Congrats and best wishes!!

Thank you all of the help that you have given. This board helps a lot and can save many headaches.

K1
05/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
08/17/12 - Approved I-129F NOA2 (85 days)
11/19/12 - Approved Visa!! (179 days)
12/01/12 - POE Honolulu, HI
12/21/12 - Wedding Day!
AOS, EAD and AP
01/05/13 - Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131
01/09/13 - USCIS accepted case and received text
01/11/13 - Cashed check
01/08/13 - Received NOA1
01/18/13 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice
01/22/13 - Early Biometrics Walk-in (scheduled Feb 7)
01/27/13 - We're pregnant!!
02/04/13 - Received Appointment Notice
03/04/13 - Approved EAD and AP (58 days)
03/12/13 - Received EAD and AP combo card
03/12/13 - Interview and Approved GC (63 days)
03/20/13 - Received Green Card

10/3/13 - Baby #1 arrived

2/17/14 - Pregnant again! LOL

10/20/14 - Baby #2 arrived
ROC
01/09/15 - Mailed I-751

01/12/15 - NOA

01/16/15 - Received NOA Letter

01/20/15 - Mailed DMV 1yr Extension

02/05/15 - Received Biometrics Letter

02/09/15 - Early Bio (Walk-IN)

02/19/15 - Biometrics Appointment

06/15/15 - Approved
06/15/15 - Card Ordered and Mailed

08/22/15 - Card Received

N-400 on or after 12/15/15

and they'll live happily ever, ever after...
Relationship Journey: Our pursuit to happiness

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yup its very well know you can not fly with a one way ticket to the Philippines (without the proper visa in hand). Your fiancee can fly to the states with a one way ticket, no issue.

For tracking the email address that Tintin posted does work much better, tracking the visa process at the embassy can be done online very easily as well. Even waiting a day with 2GO is iffy, seems they are not very quick with entering the info on their website.

TRACK YOUR VISA/PASSPORT AT THE EMBASSY

Here is a link for requirements for receiving your passport with the visa, there are also options for tracking the status of your visa/passport is currently. You can also change delivery options.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-passportretrieve.asp#trackingoptions

2GO CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR CHECKING DELIVERY

2Go customer service hotline (+632) 5287-136 is available Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 7:00 pm and Saturday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.

TRACK YOUR PASSPORT/VISA THROUGH 2GO

http://supplychain.2go.com.ph/CustomerSupport/etrace/index.asp Enter your MNL number or passport number or UID number off the embassy confirmation letter (online confirmation page by bar code).

Remember with emails:

For other immigrant and K visa concerns, please send an e-mail to IVManilaReplies@state.gov

To enable us to electronically sort the messages and provide better, more timely responses, you should follow the instructions below.

The subject line of your email should indicate the visa applicant’s last name, first and middle name (ex. DOE, John James), case number/USCIS receipt number, visa category and priority date.

Messages should be limited to 500 characters or less. The mail size should not be more than 15 KB.

Do not submit documentation or attachments with your message as our system is unable to receive inquiries with attachments.

Do not send your inquiry more than once as duplicate inquiries will congest our system and delay our response time.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

ConGraTuLaTions :):dance::star:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
We are booked on flight for Sunday back to the USA and will be getting married Tuesday.

Hi Dirk! I thought you needed an SSN to get a marriage license and that takes 2 weeks?

I am (usually) the beneficiary.

Timeline

Nope you do not need a SSN to get married.

What would you use as a 2nd ID for the fiancee from overseas that some states require besides thier visa?

Congrats and safe travels back with your fiancee!

Timeline

Yes I agree that the information about sending the email to USEM is the best information, in my case it took 5 days to get a response. I just wanted to bring light to that other email address as many people rely on that when you are doing a quick turnaround aka there are medical reasons why we are in a hurry.

Timeline

As far as the quick marraige many states have different rules and waiting periods before marriage, Delaware just happens to be 24 hours. We have to rush to her on my health care plan ASAP. I would much rather wait and do a traditional wedding but we can not. Once she gets her green card we will go back to Capiz and have a big wedding for her family and friends

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

What would you use as a 2nd ID for the fiancee from overseas that some states require besides thier visa?

Congrats and safe travels back with your fiancee!

They were just fine with her passport here in Arizona.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Congratulations!:thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hehe I forgot to say CONGRATULATIONS to you Dirk!! :D

Nope you do not need a SSN to get married.

Thank you so much! I remember a guide where it had SSN before marriage license... it probably didn't mean you needed the number right away, maybe just proof of at least an application in case they ask you for it when you apply to get married.

I am (usually) the beneficiary.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.