Nanner

What do I need..?

11 posts in this topic

I am planning on visiting Ireland in the summer. I'm not exactly sure on a date, but I hope to be there in June. If not anytime in June, than July. I plan on staying there until some time in August. :star: I would be traveling from North Carolina to Ireland. I am wondering what exactly do I need in order to get to Ireland. Just a passport or some type of visa? I'm going to vacation there with friends I know that live there. Whenever I travel, I will be 17. And just to make sure, I can fly alone, right? Or does that depend on what airline I fly with?

Help is appreciated :) Please and thank you. Hope I didn't forget any information!

I'm Hannah & I'm from NC! MY husband is Nico & he's from Northern Ireland.

My husband entered the US on the VWP December 14, 2014, and I found out I was pregnant not long after arriving back home from N. Ireland. (I was visiting him there, and he came back home with me to visit and spend Xmas/his bday with me.)

We decided to get married Jan 16, 2015 as it was the right thing to do and I love him very much. (L):luv:

Feb 10, 2015 we sent away our AOS package containing i-485, 1-765, i-130, i-864, i-864a.

Feb 23, 2015 USCIS texted/emailed me saying the case was received.

Feb 28, 2015 USCIS mailed us

March 11, 2015 we received a RFE for the i-485.

April 6, 2015 husband went to biometrics.

April 14, 2015 we sent away the RFE and information requested.

June 24, 2015 went for our interview

Green card received in July!

Baby Caicey Andrea born 8/1/15 (L) (F)(L)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Post moved from Tourist Visas to Europe forum; as the question is not related to a US tourist visa, but rather about what's needed for a USC to visit Ireland.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

I am planning on visiting Ireland in the summer. I'm not exactly sure on a date, but I hope to be there in June. If not anytime in June, than July. I plan on staying there until some time in August. :star: I would be traveling from North Carolina to Ireland. I am wondering what exactly do I need in order to get to Ireland. Just a passport or some type of visa? I'm going to vacation there with friends I know that live there. Whenever I travel, I will be 17. And just to make sure, I can fly alone, right? Or does that depend on what airline I fly with?

Help is appreciated :) Please and thank you. Hope I didn't forget any information!

What's your citizenship? Do you have a green card?

What's your citizenship? Do you have a green card?

I am a US resident. Born and raised here in North Carolina.

My husband entered the US on the VWP December 14, 2014, and I found out I was pregnant not long after arriving back home from N. Ireland. (I was visiting him there, and he came back home with me to visit and spend Xmas/his bday with me.)

We decided to get married Jan 16, 2015 as it was the right thing to do and I love him very much. (L):luv:

Feb 10, 2015 we sent away our AOS package containing i-485, 1-765, i-130, i-864, i-864a.

Timeline

I am a US resident. Born and raised here in North Carolina.

You got to be precise with your terms here when dealing with immigrations. While you are a US resident, so are illegal aliens living here. Their residences are in the US so that makes them US residents even though they are here illegally. Anyone living in the US is a US resident. So, being a US resident is meaningless when it comes to international travel.

You are a US citizen by virtue of being born on US soil.

A legal permanent resident (LPR) is a person who is not a US citizen but has permission to live and work in the US. This is a green card holder.

When you plan to travel internationally, you should check with the US State Department to see what documents are necessary for you to enter your foreign destination. All I did was use Google to search for "US citizen visa requirement for Ireland" and I got this as the first result; http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1145.html

Generally, US citizens can visit most (not all) European countries with just a US passport for up to 90 days. For travels over 90 days, you would need a visa.

Generally, 17 years old can fly without any problems. My nephews have traveled internationally by themselves while they were minors. Contact your airline to see what their policy is on minors flying alone.

For future reference; 1. Check with the US State Dept. to see what documents are required for a US citizen to enter a foreign country. 2) Check with your airline for any flight restrictions.

Edited by aaron2020

I am an American born and raised citizen and I am a permanent legal American resident so I do not have/need a greencard..

I want to travel to N.Ireland in possibly the summer of 2013 and I want to know, well obviously I need am American passport which will be my first passport.. but do I need a visa to visit Ireland? And if so, what type of visa and where do I get this visa at?

Do I just need a passport to travel to N.Ireland? I'll be flying into Belfast Intl which is classed as the UK so would I need a UK visa? Or what? :unsure:

North Ireland is a part of Schengen.

I already gave you a link to check, what you need to be able to travel the Schengen area.

Neither Ireland nor Northern Ireland is a part of Schengen according to that link. At the bottom there is a list of countries. :bonk:

Timeline

I am an American born and raised citizen and I am a permanent legal American resident so I do not have/need a greencard..

I want to travel to N.Ireland in possibly the summer of 2013 and I want to know, well obviously I need am American passport which will be my first passport.. but do I need a visa to visit Ireland? And if so, what type of visa and where do I get this visa at?

Do I just need a passport to travel to N.Ireland? I'll be flying into Belfast Intl which is classed as the UK so would I need a UK visa? Or what? :unsure:

Did you even bother to read the post where I gave you everything you needed to know? Permanent legal resident is a term of art; it has a very specific legal meaning.

If it's obvious that you need a US passport, then why would you bother asking if you need one for N. Ireland???? If it's obvious that you need a US passport, then the answer is yes you need a US passport.

Did you even bother to freakin' follow the link that I provided??? The link that lead to this;

ENTRY / EXIT REQUIREMENTS FOR U.S. CITIZENS: You will need your valid passport to enter Ireland, but you will not need a visa for tourist or business stays of up to three months. Visit the Embassy of Ireland website for the most current visa information. You may also contact the Irish Embassy at 2234 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20008, Tel: 1-202-462-3939, or the Irish consulate nearest you; these are located in Boston, Chicago, New York, San Francisco and Atlanta.

North Ireland is a part of Schengen.

I already gave you a link to check, what you need to be able to travel the Schengen area.

Neither Ireland nor Northern Ireland is a part of Schengen according to that link. At the bottom there is a list of countries. :bonk:

:bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Edited by aaron2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.