JennyLee

What to bring on interview?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

What are some of the documents my husband should bring on his interview appointment this month? I know his passport, appointment letter, medical exam envelope and x-ray/shot record, and I think 2 passport size photos...anything else? I told him to bring pictures of us but I'm wondering what everyone else has brought or will bring...(I'm living overseas at the moment)

Thanks for any advice...

Jenny

In addition to what you mention it would be safe for him to take along copies of all you submitted thus far through out the filing process. Just in case something pop up missing in the bunch. Be sure to test him with random question regarding your family, how and when you met stuff like that. Hubby need to walk with confidence and keep eye contact at all times. Answer only what is ask and do not chit chat. As long as your relationship is legit there is no need to panic. Look over your affidavit of support check out the poverty guide line on the US website. As long as the dependents including hubby is covered and income is sufficient you are fine if not prepare to have your co sponsor fill out that affidavit of support form and attach their last year taxes along with their w2. Being prepared before hand with that will help a whole lot in the long run. Good luck with your interview.

USCIS

2011/09/06 Mailed I-130 - 2011/09/16 Received NOA1 in mail - 2011/09/08 Priority date on letter - 2012/03/08 RFE Mailed
2012/04/18 USCIS received RFE responce - 2012/05/21 NOA2 APPROVED

NVC
2012/06/21 Case number and IV number received - 2102/07/06 DS3032 sent via postal mail - 2012/07/06 AOS 1-864 Bill $88 paid online
2012/07/11 AOS 1-864 bill show PAID online - 2012/07/13 AOS packet mail out - 2012/07/21 DS3032 accepted - 2012/07/21 Receive IV Bill DS-230 - 2012/07/23 Pay IV Bill DS-230 - 2012/07/24 IV Bill DS-230 show PAID online - 2012/07/24 IV packet mail out - 2012/08/03 Case  completed at NVC - 2012/09/28 Interview date. Received by email(2012/08/03)

MEDICAL/ US EMBASSY/ POE
2012/09/14 Medical Appointment - 2012/09/26 Interview / Need Co Sponsor - 2012/12/06 Acquired Co Sponsor and all relevant documents
2012/12/11 2nd Interview/ Required to submit Co.S documents along with my passport - 2012/12/11 Interview outcome APPROVED
2012/12/13 Visa in hand - 2013/01/16 POE..Miami International airport

2013/01/28 Received SS card in mail
2013/02/07 Received 2 year Green card in mail

File ROC 2014/11/18 . Appointment for fingerprints 2015/02/17, Decision 2015/05/13. 10 year Green Card in hand 2015/05/28

N-400

2018/1/27 Mail in N-400 - Chicago Lock Box - 2018/2/1 Certified mail arrived Lock Box - 2018/2/1 Priority Date - 2018/2/14 Received Receipt in mail - 2018/2/14 Received NOA to set up my online account - 2018/2/9 Online status stated appointment scheduled for bio-metrics. Bio-metrics Appointment 2018/3/1.

Filed: Timeline

You are right, he must to take pictures of the wedding, they asked me 4 and I tokked from the album( wit(i had fotos before wedding about weddin and when we traveled after wedding) I took with me, also i took the IV pacage with me just in case(of courses copies) Ah they aldo asked me about the receipts of the payments made via interenet to uscis(printed).

Timeline

He does not need to take the x-ray with him.

His appointment letter would list the items which he is required to take with him. Additional evidence of the ongoing relationship should also be taken.

Petitioner LPR upgraded to USC June 22, 2012
August 22, 2012: case complete
October 18, 2012: Interview (APPROVED)
October 26, 2012: Picked up visa from DHL (delay caused by Sandy)
December 15, 2012: POE Atlanta....................became USC July 2016!!!!

Mothers' Journey (My sister is the petitioner)

September 10, 2013: Sent I-130 (UPS next day service)

September 12, 2013: Received text to confirm delivery

September 16, 2013: Received NOA 1

March 22, 2014: Received NOA 2

April 8, 2014: File Received by NVC

May 26, 2015: Interview (approved)..........now LPR (delays caused by 2 RFE)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

In addition to what you mention it would be safe for him to take along copies of all you submitted thus far through out the filing process. Just in case something pop up missing in the bunch. Be sure to test him with random question regarding your family, how and when you met stuff like that. Hubby need to walk with confidence and keep eye contact at all times. Answer only what is ask and do not chit chat. As long as your relationship is legit there is no need to panic. Look over your affidavit of support check out the poverty guide line on the US website. As long as the dependents including hubby is covered and income is sufficient you are fine if not prepare to have your co sponsor fill out that affidavit of support form and attach their last year taxes along with their w2. Being prepared before hand with that will help a whole lot in the long run. Good luck with your interview.

How would I know if I need a cosponsor.

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello Velrich and thanks for the reply. We have the checklist which is mainly original documents they already have, but I didn't know about the x ray? The doctor put it in a big white envelope for him with the other sealed envelope he is supposed to take. I guess he thought he should take the x ray as well....

Jenny

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.