RebeccaS

HELP with major questions!!!!!!

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Yemen
Timeline

OK, heres the thing. I'm in the process of getting my husband a visa (i'm a us citizen and not doing K3). I've gotten to the point where:

-I 130 has been approved

-Sent DS 3032

-completed and submitted DS 3032

-sent AOS processing fee bill

-Paid Aos processing fee bill

-sent IV processing fee bill

-Paid IV processing fee bill

-checked to see reciepts for AOS and IV bill and says paid.

Now i know i can go ahead and send AOS package and IV package but i have the option of doing electronic processing. thats where i'm confused.

1. i know that they want original documents and photocopies and translations with the civil documents but do i send them to the NVC electronically or through the mail. i'm thinking through mail if they want original documents.

2. If thats the case what papers do i send through mail and what are electronically processed

3. does my husband (applicant) need to submit a police report? he hasn't traveled anywhere outside of Yemen and he's 25 yrs old.

4. with the AOS package is everything (all paperwork) scanned and submitted electronically (like w-2s and tax returns etc..) or through the mail

I'm just really confused when i learned that i have the option of electronic processing. and i want to go that route because it could be faster and and better in getting a visa.

oh and i've already sent an email to NVCElectronic.state.gov to tell them that i will be doing electronic processing and they wrote back saying "thank you for your recent inquiry to the NVC. does this mean i can go ahead and do it or are they supposed to tell me something different.

PLEASE if any of you guys have done this before (gone through electronic processing) or know anything about what i should do and any helpful tips please REPLY ASAP because i've already let enough time go by.

thank you thank you thank you thank you :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Will be watching this thread. I'm not currently at the NVC stage, but would like to know what the answers are. :pop:

PS - :time:

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I actually had a lot of the same questions, and these are the answers I received:

The only thing you should be sending electronically is the ds3032. Everything else should be sent through the normal mail. Make sure you include originals, translations, and photocopies. My husband is 21 and has never left Ecuador, but he still has to get a police report - so I'm assuming yours does too. If you've paid the fees, and it's been acknowledged online, that's the go ahead to send the papers!

Granted, I haven't gotten to the send off point yet, so if any of my information is wrong, someone please correct me!

I'm sure you've already seen this, but it helped me a lot, and has answered a lot of my questions: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/EZGuideSpouse

Good luck!

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I actually had a lot of the same questions, and these are the answers I received:

The only thing you should be sending electronically is the ds3032. Everything else should be sent through the normal mail. Make sure you include originals, translations, and photocopies. My husband is 21 and has never left Ecuador, but he still has to get a police report - so I'm assuming yours does too. If you've paid the fees, and it's been acknowledged online, that's the go ahead to send the papers!

Granted, I haven't gotten to the send off point yet, so if any of my information is wrong, someone please correct me!

I'm sure you've already seen this, but it helped me a lot, and has answered a lot of my questions: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/EZGuideSpouse

Good luck!

I don't know about that. From what I've read, we Canadians can send everything via email and bring originals to consulate interview. That might just be Canadians, though.

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Timeline

Thanks for your replies but i'm really confused on what is to be sent electronically and what is sent through the mail. if i could just understand this. or if anyone knows who i can contact to answer these questions would be helpful. oh and how long will it take for my husband (applicant) to get a police report from his country.

oh and i've already sent an email to NVCElectronic.state.gov to tell them that i will be doing electronic processing and they wrote back saying "thank you for your recent inquiry to the NVC. does this mean i can go ahead and do it or are they supposed to tell me something different.

In my experience this only means that they have gotten your email and that it is in the queue waiting to be answered.

I am the USC.

Timeline

according to travel.state.gov

'Applicants applying for an immigrant visa at the U.S. Embassy in Sana’a, Yemen' must do electronic processig.

see link http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_5162.html

Edited by velrich

Petitioner LPR upgraded to USC June 22, 2012
August 22, 2012: case complete
October 18, 2012: Interview (APPROVED)
October 26, 2012: Picked up visa from DHL (delay caused by Sandy)
December 15, 2012: POE Atlanta....................became USC July 2016!!!!

Mothers' Journey (My sister is the petitioner)

September 10, 2013: Sent I-130 (UPS next day service)

September 12, 2013: Received text to confirm delivery

September 16, 2013: Received NOA 1

March 22, 2014: Received NOA 2

April 8, 2014: File Received by NVC

May 26, 2015: Interview (approved)..........now LPR (delays caused by 2 RFE)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Thanks for your replies but i'm really confused on what is to be sent electronically and what is sent through the mail. if i could just understand this. or if anyone knows who i can contact to answer these questions would be helpful. oh and how long will it take for my husband (applicant) to get a police report from his country.

Rebecca - At least I can help you with this. Individuals must apply in person and be fingerprinted at the Criminal Investigation Department in the capital of their governorate. Fee: 50 Yemeni rials for a police certificate issued on the following day. I think for more money you can get it issued the same day.

As for your other questions I am not sure. There are some other Yemen members who float around the forums, hopefully they will be able to assist you further. Have you been given any instructions on the NOA2 or in the packets you have been sent by NVC as to what to send electronically? You can also try calling or emailing NVC if you are unsure about their instructions.

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

according to travel.state.gov

'Applicants applying for an immigrant visa at the U.S. Embassy in Sana’a, Yemen' must do electronic processig.

see link http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_5162.html

Exactly. Go to that link, it has everything you need to know.

As for Yemeni police clearance you'll have to ask someone who got one in Yemen. Try posting on the MENA regional forum about that, there are some Yemenis who hang out there.

USC married to Palestinian lived in Doha, Qatar for seven years, in the USA since July 2013 with an eight year old and a two year old smile.png

USCIS - 37 days
12.13.12: Sent I-130 from abroad
12.16.12: Delivered to Chicago Lock Box
12.19.12: NOA1 - E-mail, MSC number
12.21.12: Case showed up online
01.25.13: NOA2
01.30.13: Email from USCIS - Post Decision Activity - Case sent to NVC
NVC - 28 Days
02.05.13: NVC Received
02.22.13: Case/IIN Received

AOS Track
02.26.13: AOS bill invoiced
02.27.13: Pay AOS bill
03.06.13: AOS bill shows PAID
03.07.13: AOS package sent

IV Track
02.23.13: DS-3032 sent
03.03.13: DS-3032 re-sent for Supervisor Review
03.04.13: DS-3032 accepted
03.06.13: First DS-3032 accepted!
03.05.13: IV bill invoiced
03.06.13: Pay IV bill
03.07.13: IV bill shows PAID
03.07.13: IV package sent

03.11.13: AOS and IV Packages delivered to NVC
03.20.13: IV Package Accepted
03.22.13: Case complete
03.29.13: Interview scheduled - Email
04.02.13: Case left NVC
Consulate
04.04.13: Case received
04.08.13 - Medical
04.28.13 - Interview - Approved

05.02.13 - Visa In Hand
07.21.13 - POE (Washington D.C.)

Gearing up to apply for Naturalization in April 2016!

Timeline

yeah, i've figured out that he has to get a police report and he's in the process of doing so now. And i know i should do electronic processing but my only question is what forms do i send electronically? do i scan and send everthing electronically and original copies are with him when at his interview? but don't they want original documents with thim in advance, before the interview?

The way electronic processing works for Canada is that you complete the da-260 online and attach the PDF scans (or scan if you can make it all one file) of the required documents then take the originals to the interview.

Please read the link velrich provided. http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_5162.html and http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_5164.html

If you are doing electronic processing you do ALL forms electronically that your country requires. Each electronic processing country is different. You can also call the NVC with questions!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

do i scan and send everthing electronically and original copies are with him when at his interview? but don't they want original documents with thim in advance, before the interview?

Yes scan it into PDF form. No they don't want the originals that's why you're sending a PDF scan. PDF scans are much harder to doctor (play with digitally) for the average human vs a jpeg etc... You also bring the originals to the interview so they can see and compare them.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Yemen? you need a DS-230, not a DS-260.

Get handy with a scanner and the scanner controller software, as you'll be sending stuff in electronically , via email.

if you review http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_5164.html you'll note Yemen is not in that list.

Bascially, all of the DS-230 stuff (study all 6 pages at http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3190.html )

needs to be scanned in.

Same thing for the AOS, I-864 stuff.

Scanned into PDF file format.

Caveat? Anything you send out via Electronic processing, MUST BE PRESENTED ON INTERVIEW DAY by the beneficiary.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_5162.html

So, in essence, EP for Yemen is exactly like EP at Guangzhou..

see NVC EP - http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Electronic_Processing

there's some dl links for pdf tools that you'll probably need.

and do restudy the email format for OPTING IN ... ya just don't send an inquiry - you must OPT IN properly :(

Good Luck !

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.