Lovemad

RFE for I-864

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

My husband and I just got back an RFE, but are unsure of what to submit next. It says we did not provide evidence of "ownership and value" of our saving/checking accounts and my stocks and bonds. We sent them my previous bank statements and the most recent one. What else would I need to show evidence of these items?

It also said that my husband's income does not match his tax returns. Again, he submitted 6-7 pay stubs. I don't know how they want me to calculate my earnings? I guess the difficult part here is that he is a graduate student, so he works full time in the summer and part time during the winter, and we don't know how to calculate his earnings. I thought it would not be a big deal because we have a joint sponsor who is a doctor...

Luckily we did not receive an RFE for our IV package. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Filed for IR-1 Visa

12/14/2008: Met for the first time through friends
01/07/2009: First Date
07/07/2010: Married!
08/19/2011: I-130 mailed
08/24/2011: USCIS Acceptance Confirmation email received
08/26/2011: NOA1 received
09/23/2011: NOA2
09/26/2011: Case received by NVC
10/17/2011: Case put on NVC's system
10/18/2011: AOS bill invoiced and paid
10/20/2011: AOS bill shown as PAID
10/26/2011: Emailed DS-3032
10/28/2011: DS-3032 acknowledged and IV bill invoiced
10/31/2011: IV bill paid
11/01/2011: IV bill shown as PAID
10/13/2012: I-864 package mailed
10/26/2012: RFE
11/06/2012: IV package mailed
01/30/2013: Case complete at NVC
02/21/2013: Medical
03/06/2013: Interview- Approved
05/30/2013: POE
07/31/2013: Greencard arrived in mail!

Account of medical: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/416093-london-medical-experience/page__p__5997291#entry5997291
Review of Embassy/Interview: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=11637

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband and I just got back an RFE, but are unsure of what to submit next. It says we did not provide evidence of "ownership and value" of our saving/checking accounts and my stocks and bonds. We sent them my previous bank statements and the most recent one. What else would I need to show evidence of these items?

It also said that my husband's income does not match his tax returns. Again, he submitted 6-7 pay stubs. I don't know how they want me to calculate my earnings? I guess the difficult part here is that he is a graduate student, so he works full time in the summer and part time during the winter, and we don't know how to calculate his earnings. I thought it would not be a big deal because we have a joint sponsor who is a doctor...

Luckily we did not receive an RFE for our IV package. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Weird. Hope we don't run into this problem. Seems like the person processing your info doesn't understand bank and stock statements. I would call them first to see exactly what they mean. If they don't know what they mean, just send copies of the forms with an explanation and highlight the information they are looking for on the statements. Some of them aren't used to thinking, so sometimes they need others to do the thinking for them

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

If it's bank statements and assets you're using, they might be looking for 12 months worth of bank statements rather than one month to make sure that the assets weren't just transferred to you temporarily so it could be used for the sole purpose of immigration. If income alone is above the poverty guidelines, then skip the step of assets.

You keep saying that you submitted, then he submitted. The US citizen is the one who submits everything and everything relating to the affidavit of support. His income qualifies because yours will most likely not continue after you move to the US and therefore not considered.

If it's not the same job summer/winter, then submit an employment letter stating his name, hourly pay/salary for each job.

I'm certain you'll get more suggestions from other members as well.

Edited by moomin

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Are the stocks and bonds clearly showing name of stock, number of shares owned, value and proof of ownership? Bonds typically have a maturity date...could be 20 years for example. The assets must be shown to be easily convertible to cash within one year without penalty to the owner. Typically a bank statement wouldn't have stocks and bonds. Do you have a statement from a brokerage firm? Just trying to come up with possible things you didn't document well enough.

It also said that my husband's income does not match his tax returns. Again, he submitted 6-7 pay stubs.

Was there a W2 submitted with the tax return?

I don't know how they want me to calculate my earnings?

You the immigrant have earnings? Did you show documentation how they will continue in the US?

I guess the difficult part here is that he is a graduate student, so he works full time in the summer and part time during the winter, and we don't know how to calculate his earnings.

Perhaps a separate sheet stating his status as a graduate student and a listing of earnings month by month to show the summer is more. Do you have pay stubs from the higher earning months?

It sounds like you maybe need to tweak your documentation so everything reported is clear to them.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The forms have to be accurate. For us to help you, more complete information is needed. You mention "our savings" and "MY stocks and bonds".

If your husband or the two of you together qualify on your own, document all the assets and don't use a joint sponsor. If you don't qualify, don't state or document ANY of your assets. Since your husband's income is neither "enough" or "steady", simply state his current income as the total income on the 2011 1040 or if he filed the 1040EZ, state his current income as the adjusted gross from the 1040EZ. Past income is stated in the same way, line 22 on the 1040 or adjusted gross from the 1040EZ.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.