17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Dear members,

We began our Visa Journey November 2011. We have made it through all steps but received the usual 221(g) letter (October 30,2012). We did start tracking our Pouch and we did ask for senior officer review.

November 7th: Consulate stated Pouch was mailed October 31st

November 7th: Diplomatic Pouch Service had not received botification for pick up.

November 20th: Diplomatic Pouch Service stated package was registered for pick up this day.

December 4th: Diplomatic Pouch Service saw the notes where we discussed the November 20th pick up but the pouch was no longer registered. Pouch was still at Consulate.

We are 5 weeks into the 8-10 weeks stated on the email sent to me from the consulate stating 221(g) with vague reason.

Not sure what is questioned, Not sure where the pouch is (assume at Consulate). Do they play games with I-130 visa?

What time line are we looking at for Cassablanca US Consulate?

Senator office basically said this will be an 18-24 months IF we are approved.

Lawyer said Move to Morocco that we will never get a visa.

USCIS office said : We already approved you.

NVC said talk to Consulate they no longer have papers.

Consulate denies having papers.

Any suggestions on the best steps to take outside of the great information outlined here? Currently I assume we wait this out. I do not want to sit back and be silent nor do I want to be to vocal.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by KEAA092211

Timeline

Your senators office should be able to find out where the diplomatic pouch is, I do know when our fiance petition was returned from Casablanca that it went from one consulate to another overseas before its eventually ended up back at USCIS. You can ask for the pouch number, the consulate gave me the number. I don't know if this is the case for I-130's. It took our petition 3 months to arrive back here.

If you plan on using a lawyer, obviously the one who told you to move to Morocco needs to be thrown to the curb. You will have a chance to reply to the consulars reason for denying the visa, I hope its not 18-24 months for that to happen! I'm sure others will have a better idea from past experience how long that will take.

Sorry that this happened to you, there are a lot of us in the same situation with spouses in Morocco. A lot of good people here will give you some great advice, keep the faith!

Timeline

Your senators office should be able to find out where the diplomatic pouch is, I do know when our fiance petition was returned from Casablanca that it went from one consulate to another overseas before its eventually ended up back at USCIS. You can ask for the pouch number, the consulate gave me the number. I don't know if this is the case for I-130's. It took our petition 3 months to arrive back here.

If you plan on using a lawyer, obviously the one who told you to move to Morocco needs to be thrown to the curb. You will have a chance to reply to the consulars reason for denying the visa, I hope its not 18-24 months for that to happen! I'm sure others will have a better idea from past experience how long that will take.

Sorry that this happened to you, there are a lot of us in the same situation with spouses in Morocco. A lot of good people here will give you some great advice, keep the faith!

We did get the pouch number and of course that is what I used when contacting Diplomatic Pouch Services. Thanks for the reply! Not that I wish the delays on anyone At least we are not alone.

Second question: They kept telling my husband I was missing a paper. No one will talk to me but in the mean time I think I discovered what I missed and it is on the application. Wen I call USCIS they only say your approved. So do I wait and see if this is the issue? Pursue what I know (God knows I do not wan to ad to this waiting game)and try to get USCIS to listen? I believe honesty is best policy but if they won't talk then how do I get them to listen?

Thank you again for replying!

Timeline

Do you mind if I ask what it is your missing for paperwork? I don't quite understand , when you talk to USCIS and they say you are approved? It must be you are talking to a tier 1 person and they are just reading to you about your initial approved petition maybe?

Timeline

Do you mind if I ask what it is your missing for paperwork? I don't quite understand , when you talk to USCIS and they say you are approved? It must be you are talking to a tier 1 person and they are just reading to you about your initial approved petition maybe?

I would rather take this off line if that is ok? Do you have yahoo or email? I don't mind answering just personal stupidity from my perspective. I am also still a newbie and not sure how all this works.

kassiedoodle61@yahoo.com

Timeline

Dear members,

We began our Visa Journey November 2011. We have made it through all steps but received the usual 221(g) letter (October 30,2012). We did start tracking our Pouch and we did ask for senior officer review.

November 7th: Consulate stated Pouch was mailed October 31st

November 7th: Diplomatic Pouch Service had not received botification for pick up.

November 20th: Diplomatic Pouch Service stated package was registered for pick up this day.

December 4th: Diplomatic Pouch Service saw the notes where we discussed the November 20th pick up but the pouch was no longer registered. Pouch was still at Consulate.

We are 5 weeks into the 8-10 weeks stated on the email sent to me from the consulate stating 221(g) with vague reason.

Not sure what is questioned, Not sure where the pouch is (assume at Consulate). Do they play games with I-130 visa?

What time line are we looking at for Cassablanca US Consulate?

Senator office basically said this will be an 18-24 months IF we are approved.

Lawyer said Move to Morocco that we will never get a visa.

USCIS office said : We already approved you.

NVC said talk to Consulate they no longer have papers.

Consulate denies having papers.

Any suggestions on the best steps to take outside of the great information outlined here? Currently I assume we wait this out. I do not want to sit back and be silent nor do I want to be to vocal.

Thanks in advance!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

was it just a 221g for administrative processing or did they deny the visa and send is back to USCIS? 2 totally different things with 2 totally different sets of circumstances and outcomes. If you want help you need to provide more detail. And did you petition and i130 for a cr1 visa? K3 visas are no longer issued.

Edited by mimolicious

Timeline

was it just a 221g for administrative processing or did they deny the visa and send is back to USCIS? 2 totally different things with 2 totally different sets of circumstances and outcomes. If you want help you need to provide more detail

".....case was sent back for further review to the Department of Homeland Security's Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on October 30, 2012.

The decision to send the petition back for additional review was not taken lightly. The interviewing consular officer reviewed the case in its entirety before making this decision. This is not a final refusal of the visa. Rather, the USCIS will review the case and will contact you to allow you the opportunity to address the concerns raised during the interview."

This is a copy of the email sent. The paper was this vague.

Timeline

".....case was sent back for further review to the Department of Homeland Security's Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on October 30, 2012.

The decision to send the petition back for additional review was not taken lightly. The interviewing consular officer reviewed the case in its entirety before making this decision. This is not a final refusal of the visa. Rather, the USCIS will review the case and will contact you to allow you the opportunity to address the concerns raised during the interview."

OK so the visa was denied. The case usually takes a several before it is returned to the US and reviewed. After it is is received you will receive a notice of intent to revoke(NOIR) or notice of intent to deny(NOID), at which time you will have 30 days to respond. There are a few people who are from Morocco who have been through this and who are going through this now. Go to the Middle East forum and the Morocco portal you will be able to find them.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

The visa has not been denied, the consulate refused to issue it. They do not deny visas they simply recommend to USCIS to either revoke or deny the petition. USCIS will decide which and they normally give you 30 days to correct any deficiencies or prove a bonafide marriage. Pay close attention as a NOID can be refiled but a NOIR effectively prevents any future petitions for that person. If you already have an idea why it was refused then start preparing now. There has been success in cases like these just continue to track documents that prove a bonafide marriage and respond within their suspense dates when you hear from USCIS. Getting your elected officials involved can only help.

Good luck,

Timeline

Search for Tany1157 she and her husband had 2 denials through Casablanca. a k-1 and a cr1 and they succeeded in overcoming it. Her husband has been in the US several months now.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I see you filed for K-3. If you followed the K-3 path all the way through, and not the IR-1/CR-1, you should have an approved I-130 sitting at NVC waiting on documents from you. If that is the case, this is a good thing. This would mean you could continue down the IR-1/CR-1 path. You still need to find out what the problem was at the interview, and what caused the 221g and overcome those issues.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.