9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

First of all will like to thank the Vj family for being there when i needed them the most.most of the people here have been extremely helpful.we recieved our NOA2 on December 6th now what i want to know is how to get everything together.I hear you have to contact the consulate here in ghana by email or else they wont contact you.according to a statement made on the us consulate website things move faster now so the faster you get your stuff together the better.i will be very gratefull if am told what to get together and how to be prepared.All tips and chiping are cordially acceptable.God bless u all

.is there a flow chart on here somewhere?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

First of all will like to thank the Vj family for being there when i needed them the most.most of the people here have been extremely helpful.we recieved our NOA2 on December 6th now what i want to know is how to get everything together.I hear you have to contact the consulate here in ghana by email or else they wont contact you.according to a statement made on the us consulate website things move faster now so the faster you get your stuff together the better.i will be very gratefull if am told what to get together and how to be prepared.All tips and chiping are cordially acceptable.God bless u all

This has good info ...

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Ghana&cty=Accra

Good Luck :)

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

The next step is the NVC, you will hear from them after your case number has been assigned. When you hear from them they will give you directions as to what the next step is.

Timeline

The next step is the NVC, you will hear from them after your case number has been assigned. When you hear from them they will give you directions as to what the next step is.

Thanks so much.we will wait for their guidelines then. :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

THIS LINK SHOULD BE HELPFUL : ) & the info below...

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_bring_your_foreign_spouse_to_live_in_the_US

NVC Steps

Welcome to National Visa Center NVC !

Tel# (603) 334-0700

Email: NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

NVC Contact details can be found at: The US Department of State Official Website

If you follow these steps carefully, you can possibly be out of NVC in 4 to 6 weeks time.

Step 0 - Preparing For The NVC Process

Collect all the following general documents beforehand to speed up the NVC process. Note that these are general documents and it may differ case by case and country by country. For accurate details, please visit: Affidavit of Support Processing and Applicant Document Processing, also select the Beneficiary’s Consulate for consulate or region specific document requirements (after you've browsed to the consulate website, look for a link called "visas" --> "immigration visas", etc.).

Required documents from the petitioner for I-864 Affidavit of Support Package

Last 3 years IRS Tax Transcripts (otherwise, last 3 years 1040 and W-2/1099)

Original Employment Letter

Pay stubs (include a few recent ones and a selection from throughout the previous 3 years)

All of the above from any joint sponsors

Required documents from the Beneficiary for DS-230 Immigrant Visa (IV) Package

Two passport-style photographs (2X2 inches) of the beneficiary. (Write down NVC Case# and beneficiary’s full name and date of birth on the back side of both photographs lightly)

Completed and signed form DS-230 Part I by the beneficiary

Completed and unsigned form DS-230 Part II by the beneficiary

Photocopy of the beneficiary's passport biographic data page

Original/certified copy of beneficiary’s birth certificate

Original/certified copy of beneficiary’s and petitioner’s marriage certificate

Original police certificate(s) of the beneficiary

Original/certified copy of military record, if applicable

Original/certified copy of divorce decree, death certificate, etc. of previous marriage, if applicable

NOTE: check Reciprocity by Country (select your country and scroll down to bottom) to see what documents are available from your country - many don't have military or police documents available.

Important:

• If any of the civil documents are not in English, translate them into English. NOTE: NOT necessary to notarize. Also, many sources say it's not necessary to translate, if the documents are in the language of the embassy where the interview will take place: see Documents The Applicant Must Submit

• Certified copy of the civil document must be from the respective agency. That means, birth certificate’s certified copy must be from the birth registrar’s office, etc.

• IRS Tax Transcripts can be obtained free by dialing 1-800-908-9946. For more details, visit Need a Copy of Your Tax Return Information?

• Forms start with “DS” (DS-3032, DS-230) are from the Department of State and must be completed by the beneficiary. Forms can be found at: Department of State Forms

• Forms start with “I” (I-864) are from the USCIS and must be completed by the petitioner. Forms can be found at: USCIS Immigration Forms.

Step 1 - NVC Assigns Case Number

NVC receives I-130 approval from the USCIS. Do not wait for I-130 approval notice from the USCIS. Dial (603) 334-0700 to check NVC’s Automated Voice Response system ( NVC's AVR). You need your I-130 Receipt Number to check the status.

After your NVC Case Number has been assigned, speak to an operator. Give them your own e-mail address as well as your spouse's e-mail address. They will then e-mail your choice of agent form and your fee bills once they are created. Ask for the invoice number for your case (you need the case number and the invoice number in order to access the payment system)

NVC Assigns the Case Number in the format LLLNNNNNNNNNN Where: LLL is three letter code of the Foreign U.S consulate where beneficiary appears, first NNNN is the four digit year NVC assigned the Case Number, second NNN is 500 plus the three digit Julian Date NVC assigned the case, last NNN is the three digit serial number of the day NVC assigned the case. For example, if your case is at Chennai, India and the case is assigned on January 2, 2008 and it is the 2nd case on that date, your case # will be MDR-2008-502-002. That is MDR2008502002.

Step 2 – Choice of Agent Form (DS-3032) Generation & I-864 Fee Invoicing

NVC Generates and sends a copy of the DS-3032 (Choice of Agent form) to the petitioner.

NVC Sends the original DS-3032 (Choice of Agent form) to the beneficiary in the foreign country.

NVC Invoices I-864 (Affidavit of Support) Fee to the petitioner online at The Department of State Online Payment System

There are now two independent tracks that run parallel within the NVC. For those who are using a lawyer, a DS-3032 is NOT generated or sent by the NVC as the lawyer would automatically be designated as the agent.

TRACK 1 - I-864

AOS Fee payment

Time: No extra time needed

The petitioner pays I-864 (Affidavit of Support) Fee ($88 - always refer to State Department Website for most current fee amounts) online with The Department of State Online Payment System.A bank checking account (no credit cards) is required- you will need the ABA # (or Routing #) and Account #. Funds must be in US dollars drawn from a bank on US soil. Payment status changes to “PENDING”.

I-864 - Affidavit of Support Package Express Mail to NVC

Time: 1 to 2 days after above step

In one or two days time, payment status will show as “PAID”. Immediately print out I-864 bar code coversheet from the online payment site and express mail the entire I-864 (Affidavit of Support) Package to NVC by USPS.

Important:

Create your own cover letter for I-864. Refer to I-864 Cover letter or Attachment 2 below

Use the address on bar code cover sheet

Write NVC Case Number on the top right hand corner of all pages of the I-864 Package and supplemental pages (tax invoices, employment letter, etc.)

NVC Receives I-864 Package

Time: 1 day after above step

NVC receives I-864 Package

NVC Enters & Reviews I-864 Package

Time: ~1 week after above step

NVC enters I-864 Package into their system and reviews it in couple of days time.

If more info/evidence is required, then NVC will generate and send a checklist to the Petitioner. Petitioner responds to the checklist.

Important :

If NVC's AVR message says “Your forms are reviewed and found missing or incomplete information…” after your I-864 has been reviewed and before your IV fee or DS-230 generation, don’t panic. NVC is waiting for your IV Fee and DS-230 form.

TRACK 2 - DS-3032 and DS-230

* DS-3032 Emailing

Important:

Subject line of email must contain NVC Case#, Beneficiary Full Name and Date of Birth

Make the Petitioner the Agent

For Email format, refer to Email DS-3032 form or Attachment 3, below.

*NVC Enters DS-3032

DS-3032 is entered into NVC System

*NVC Invoices IV Fee

NVC Invoices Immigrant Visa (DS-230) Fee online

* Agent pays IV Fee

The agent pays IV Fee ($404 total, $330 application fee plus $74 Immigrant visa security surcharge (per person applying for any immigrant visa category) - always refer to State Department Website for most current fee amounts) online with The Department of State Online Payment System.A bank checking account (no credit cards) is required- you will need the ABA # (or Routing #) and Account #. Funds must be in US dollars drawn from a bank on US soil. Payment status changes to “PENDING”.

* DS-230 Package Express Mail to NVC

In one or two days time, payment status will show as “PAID”. Immediately print out IV bar code coversheet from the online payment site and express mail the entire IV Package to NVC by USPS.

Important:

Create your own cover letter for DS-230 package Refer to DS-230 Cover Letter or Attachment 4, below

NVC Receives DS-230 Package

NVC receives DS-230 Package

NVC Enters & Reviews DS-230 Package

NVC enters DS-230 into their system and reviews it in a couple of days time.

If more info/evidence is required, then NVC will generate and send a checklist to the Agent. Agent responds to the checklist.

Step 3 - Finalization

Final Step 1 – NVC Case Completion

Time: Approximately 1 week after the last step of the above 2 independent tracks

Case is officially completed and NVC will set an interview date in conjunction with scheduling available at the foreign U.S. Consulate/Embassy.

Final Step 2 – NVC Case Forwarded to the Foreign U.S Consulate

Time: Approximately 7 to 10 days after above step

Case is officially forwarded to the U.S Consulate by DHL. All your Originals/Certified copies submitted to NVC along with all your files are mailed to the consulate in this step.

NVC mails out immigrant visa appointment letter to both the petitioner in the U.S and the beneficiary in the foreign country.

How to track your valuable originals?

Listen to NVC's AVR message, it will clearly say “Your case is completed and forwarded to the embassy or consulate in XXX on MM/DD/YYYY…” Once you hear this message, immediately go to DHL Tracking by Reference and track your shipment.

For example, if NVC's AVR says your shipment date is 06/05/2008, NVC actually called DHL one day before this date to pick up the shipment. So your reference date is 06/04/2008. Then enter EXP 04 JUN 2008A as your reference in the above DHL website. Then scroll down to your consulate link.

To be sure you can try a date range between 06/03/2008 to 06/06/2008 in the date range.

Foreign US Consulate Steps

Step 1 – Foreign U.S Consulate Receives NVC Package

Time: Couple of days depends on the location

Beneficiary may do the following:

Try to get International Driving Permit (IDP) if he/she wants to drive in the U.S immediately after arrival.

Do not purchase or block the air ticket even though the interview date is known. While it may be tempting, you should not make any travel arrangements until you have the visa in the passport and the passport in hand.

Step 2 – Courier Office Visit

(This may be an optional step for some of you)

Once step# 1 is completed and you have interview appointment letter, proceed to the courier office.

Some countries may have courier service to courier the passport to the applicant after the visa interview. For example, in India it is VFS service. For more info, visit: https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/Home.aspx

You can visit the Embassy Info page for more information regarding the delivery procedure in your country.

Step 3 – Foreign U.S Consulate Receives NVC Package

Time: At least 1 week before the actual interview

A medical exam is required for all immigrant visa applicants (including K-1/3). It must be conducted by one of a panel of doctors authorized by the U.S. Department of State. You can find more information on the medical examination here.

Below is the general list of vaccinations that may be required. The vaccines you require may vary depending on age and medical history. The panel physician can advise you as to which will be necessary. You may wish to have the required innoculations performed by your family physician, if possible, before going to the State Department approved physician to cut the cost. If you have an official record of having these vaccinations and they are current, you generally will not have to have them done again. You will need to present the vaccination record to the panel physician. Please check with the panel physician if you are unsure as to whether or not your vaccination record will be accepted.

Acellular pertussis

Hepatitis A

Hepatitis B

Human papillomavirus (HPV)

Influenza

Influenza type b (Hib)

Measles

Meningococcal

Mumps

Pneumococcal

Pertussis

Polio

Rotovirus

Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids

Varicella

Zoster

Also, get an appointment with one of the panel physicians at least 1 week before the interview date to complete the medical.

Please take the following before proceeding to Medical:

Visa interview appointment letter

Applicant’s Original passport

Applicant’s Photographs

All prior vaccination records

Fee (can vary from $50 to $300)

If you believe that you may have had some of the vaccinations already, but have no official record of them to present to the panel physician, you may contact the panel physician to see if a Titre Test will be accepted instead of having all the vaccinations again.

Step 4 – U.S Consulate Interview

Required documents:

Applicant’s original passport

Applicant’s photographs

Medical Report from Step #3

Excessive evidence to prove marital relationship in addition to the marriage certificate. This can be wedding album, honeymoon pictures, email/chat/phone records, joint bank account/joint property ownership etc. If the interview is to take place through a glass window, make sure things are flat enough to be passed through.

I-130 set, I-864, DS-3032 and DS-230 sets provided by the petitioner

Applicant’s identification info, such as driver license, voter’s registration card etc.

All applicant’s education, employment and all personal files

Petitioner’s original documents/copies are optional. However, it is a good idea to bring them too at interview time. You never know.

Courier office receipts, if applicable

Any other consulate-specific documents; call in advance to see if this applies

• Refer to your Consulate immigrant visa section for more details.

• Do not forget to collect all your originals back after the interview, which were submitted to NVC.

• Organize the files in the order of interview checklist or packet 4.

• Read the forms (I-130, G-325A of the petitioner and the beneficiary, I-864, DS-3032 and DS-230) carefully, so that your answers to the officer’s questions must match whatever is written on the forms.

• Take an additional photocopy of ALL the documents including the one submitted to NVC too.

• Dress appropriately for the interview - "business casual" - with minimal jewelry.

• Appear at the consulate a little earlier than the interview time.

• Listen to the officer carefully and answer properly and politely to each question.

• Do not provide extra information other than the right and truthful answer to the question.

• The visa is affixed inside the passport (validity will be 6 months) and looks like this. The applicant is given a sealed envelope which should be hand carried, UNOPENED, to the U.S and submitted to the immigration inspector at the U.S. port-of-entry. If the sealed envelope is opened prior to arrival in the United States, the immigrant visa fee of $400 must be paid again at the American Consulate, and a new sealed envelope will be handed over to the applicant.

• Please complete all forms in CAPITAL letters and BLACK ink, if required.

• All dates are in the U.S. format MM/DD/YYYY (ie. for Aug 15, 2001, write 08/15/2001)

• All names must be as in the passport.

• Fingers should not have any cut or wound (there may be fingerprinting at U.S Consulate and at U.S Port of Entry).

• Do not fold any of the documents, take a large envelope.

• For example interview questions, refer to Consular Interview Questions or Interview Questions, Attachment # 5, below.

Arrival at U.S Port of Entry

• Ask someone which line you should go in - sometimes they say the visitor line, sometimes the permanent resident/citizen line.... Proceed to the immigration officer and hand over your passport and the sealed envelope. Officer might take you to another area and ask some questions. Listen carefully and answer politely and properly.

• Your passport will be stamped on or near the visa page. It will look like this (new style stamp) or possibly this (old style stamp). The visa + stamp will act as your I-551, like a temporary "green card", until the actual card arrives in the mail. It is valid for travel and work purposes for one year. Make sure you get the IR-1 stamp if you have been married more than two years at the time of entry.

• Collect your checked baggage (if you are at an airport).

• If your spouse is not with you already, meet your beloved one waiting – you’re done! (Do not forget to give a big hug and a kiss and optionally a bouquet of roses!)

• Wait for Welcome Letter, Social Security card and Green Card to arrive in mail. The SS card should arrive in 10-14 days if you checked the box to receive it automatically on the DS-230. Alternatively, you can visit your local Social Security office to obtain a card. It might be 10-14 days before your number is available in their system. The Green Card takes longer to arrive - usually around 6-8 weeks.

• If you were married for less than two years when you activated your permanent residence status (by arriving at a U.S. Point of Entry), make a note to apply for lifting conditions 90 days before the two-year anniversary of your entry (NOT the two-year anniversary of your wedding). See Step-by-Step Guide on Removing of Conditions (Form I-751) for further information

There is nothing that wastes the body like worry, and one who has any faith in God should be ashamed to worry about anything whatsoever” ~Mahatma Gandhi~

Time to get caught up! Start here for information pertaining to the NVC stage: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

Good luck!

USCIS: CR-1 Visa @ Vermont Service Center (Approved in 140 days from NOA1)

03/07/11: I-130 package sent to Chicago Lockbox

03/14/11: NOA1 via text and email (03/21/11: in the mail); petition routed to VSC

07/27/11: NOA2 via text and email (07/30/11: received in the mail)

08/01/11: Case received at NVC

09/19/11: Case complete and forwarded to consulate

10/19/11: Interview (APPROVED!!!)

11/18/11: POE

12/12/11: 2- year Green Card arrives in the mail

12/22/11: Applied for SSN at local office

12/26/11: SSN arrives in the mail

08/20/13: ROC window opens

10/03/13: I-751 package sent to Vermont Service Center

10/05/13: I-751 Delivered (Signed for by Karen Fitzgerald)

10/09/13: Check cleared bank account

10/11/13: NOA1 received (dated 10/07/13)

10/19/13: Biometrics appointment notice received (dated 10/16/13)

11/12/13: Biometrics appointment in Buffalo, NY

11/15/13: Case transferred to CSC

03/04/14: USCIS case status update: Card/Document Production (i.e. APPROVED!!!)

03/07/14: USCIS case status update: Green Card in the postal system; tracking number

03/08/14: Approval notice arrives in the mail (dated 03/04/2014; USCIS Office: Buffalo, NY)

03/10/14: 10-year Green Card arrives in the mail

Congrats and Good Luck

Our Journey

06/12/12 - K-1 Sent

06/19/12 - NOA1

12/15/12 - NOA 2

02/11/2013 - Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!

"Complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind." - Philippians 2:2

tumblr-love-quotes_large.jpg

event.png

Timeline

:wow::wacko::thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Thank u so so much kamson the whole process is so overwheming but thanks so much for your detailed input. :yes:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_bring_your_foreign_spouse_to_live_in_the_US

NVC Steps

Tel# (603) 334-0700

NVC Contact details can be found at: The US Department of State Official Website

If you follow these steps carefully, you can possibly be out of NVC in 4 to 6 weeks time.

Collect all the following general documents beforehand to speed up the NVC process. Note that these are general documents and it may differ case by case and country by country. For accurate details, please visit: Affidavit of Support Processing and Applicant Document Processing, also select the Beneficiary’s Consulate for consulate or region specific document requirements (after you've browsed to the consulate website, look for a link called "visas" --> "immigration visas", etc.).

Pay stubs (include a few recent ones and a selection from throughout the previous 3 years)

Two passport-style photographs (2X2 inches) of the beneficiary. (Write down NVC Case# and beneficiary’s full name and date of birth on the back side of both photographs lightly)

Original/certified copy of divorce decree, death certificate, etc. of previous marriage, if applicable

NOTE: check Reciprocity by Country (select your country and scroll down to bottom) to see what documents are available from your country - many don't have military or police documents available.

Important:

• If any of the civil documents are not in English, translate them into English. NOTE: NOT necessary to notarize. Also, many sources say it's not necessary to translate, if the documents are in the language of the embassy where the interview will take place: see Documents The Applicant Must Submit

• Certified copy of the civil document must be from the respective agency. That means, birth certificate’s certified copy must be from the birth registrar’s office, etc.

• IRS Tax Transcripts can be obtained free by dialing 1-800-908-9946. For more details, visit Need a Copy of Your Tax Return Information?

• Forms start with “DS” (DS-3032, DS-230) are from the Department of State and must be completed by the beneficiary. Forms can be found at: Department of State Forms

• Forms start with “I” (I-864) are from the USCIS and must be completed by the petitioner. Forms can be found at: USCIS Immigration Forms.

NVC receives I-130 approval from the USCIS. Do not wait for I-130 approval notice from the USCIS. Dial (603) 334-0700 to check NVC’s Automated Voice Response system ( NVC's AVR). You need your I-130 Receipt Number to check the status.

After your NVC Case Number has been assigned, speak to an operator. Give them your own e-mail address as well as your spouse's e-mail address. They will then e-mail your choice of agent form and your fee bills once they are created. Ask for the invoice number for your case (you need the case number and the invoice number in order to access the payment system)

NVC Assigns the Case Number in the format LLLNNNNNNNNNN Where: LLL is three letter code of the Foreign U.S consulate where beneficiary appears, first NNNN is the four digit year NVC assigned the Case Number, second NNN is 500 plus the three digit Julian Date NVC assigned the case, last NNN is the three digit serial number of the day NVC assigned the case. For example, if your case is at Chennai, India and the case is assigned on January 2, 2008 and it is the 2nd case on that date, your case # will be MDR-2008-502-002. That is MDR2008502002.

NVC Generates and sends a copy of the DS-3032 (Choice of Agent form) to the petitioner.

NVC Sends the original DS-3032 (Choice of Agent form) to the beneficiary in the foreign country.

NVC Invoices I-864 (Affidavit of Support) Fee to the petitioner online at The Department of State Online Payment System

There are now two independent tracks that run parallel within the NVC. For those who are using a lawyer, a DS-3032 is NOT generated or sent by the NVC as the lawyer would automatically be designated as the agent.

TRACK 1 - I-864

AOS Fee payment

The petitioner pays I-864 (Affidavit of Support) Fee ($88 - always refer to State Department Website for most current fee amounts) online with The Department of State Online Payment System.A bank checking account (no credit cards) is required- you will need the ABA # (or Routing #) and Account #. Funds must be in US dollars drawn from a bank on US soil. Payment status changes to “PENDING”.

In one or two days time, payment status will show as “PAID”. Immediately print out I-864 bar code coversheet from the online payment site and express mail the entire I-864 (Affidavit of Support) Package to NVC by USPS.

Important:

Create your own cover letter for I-864. Refer to I-864 Cover letter or Attachment 2 below

Write NVC Case Number on the top right hand corner of all pages of the I-864 Package and supplemental pages (tax invoices, employment letter, etc.)

NVC enters I-864 Package into their system and reviews it in couple of days time.

If more info/evidence is required, then NVC will generate and send a checklist to the Petitioner. Petitioner responds to the checklist.

Important :

If NVC's AVR message says “Your forms are reviewed and found missing or incomplete information…” after your I-864 has been reviewed and before your IV fee or DS-230 generation, don’t panic. NVC is waiting for your IV Fee and DS-230 form.

* DS-3032 Emailing

Important:

Subject line of email must contain NVC Case#, Beneficiary Full Name and Date of Birth

*NVC Enters DS-3032

*NVC Invoices IV Fee

* Agent pays IV Fee

The agent pays IV Fee ($404 total, $330 application fee plus $74 Immigrant visa security surcharge (per person applying for any immigrant visa category) - always refer to State Department Website for most current fee amounts) online with The Department of State Online Payment System.A bank checking account (no credit cards) is required- you will need the ABA # (or Routing #) and Account #. Funds must be in US dollars drawn from a bank on US soil. Payment status changes to “PENDING”.

In one or two days time, payment status will show as “PAID”. Immediately print out IV bar code coversheet from the online payment site and express mail the entire IV Package to NVC by USPS.

Important:

Create your own cover letter for DS-230 package Refer to DS-230 Cover Letter or Attachment 4, below

If more info/evidence is required, then NVC will generate and send a checklist to the Agent. Agent responds to the checklist.

Step 3 - Finalization

Time: Approximately 1 week after the last step of the above 2 independent tracks

Case is officially completed and NVC will set an interview date in conjunction with scheduling available at the foreign U.S. Consulate/Embassy.

Case is officially forwarded to the U.S Consulate by DHL. All your Originals/Certified copies submitted to NVC along with all your files are mailed to the consulate in this step.

NVC mails out immigrant visa appointment letter to both the petitioner in the U.S and the beneficiary in the foreign country.

Listen to NVC's AVR message, it will clearly say “Your case is completed and forwarded to the embassy or consulate in XXX on MM/DD/YYYY…” Once you hear this message, immediately go to DHL Tracking by Reference and track your shipment.

For example, if NVC's AVR says your shipment date is 06/05/2008, NVC actually called DHL one day before this date to pick up the shipment. So your reference date is 06/04/2008. Then enter EXP 04 JUN 2008A as your reference in the above DHL website. Then scroll down to your consulate link.

To be sure you can try a date range between 06/03/2008 to 06/06/2008 in the date range.

Try to get International Driving Permit (IDP) if he/she wants to drive in the U.S immediately after arrival.

Do not purchase or block the air ticket even though the interview date is known. While it may be tempting, you should not make any travel arrangements until you have the visa in the passport and the passport in hand.

Once step# 1 is completed and you have interview appointment letter, proceed to the courier office.

Some countries may have courier service to courier the passport to the applicant after the visa interview. For example, in India it is VFS service. For more info, visit: https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/Home.aspx

You can visit the Embassy Info page for more information regarding the delivery procedure in your country.

A medical exam is required for all immigrant visa applicants (including K-1/3). It must be conducted by one of a panel of doctors authorized by the U.S. Department of State. You can find more information on the medical examination here.

Below is the general list of vaccinations that may be required. The vaccines you require may vary depending on age and medical history. The panel physician can advise you as to which will be necessary. You may wish to have the required innoculations performed by your family physician, if possible, before going to the State Department approved physician to cut the cost. If you have an official record of having these vaccinations and they are current, you generally will not have to have them done again. You will need to present the vaccination record to the panel physician. Please check with the panel physician if you are unsure as to whether or not your vaccination record will be accepted.

Acellular pertussis

Hepatitis A

Hepatitis B

Influenza

Influenza type b (Hib)

Measles

Meningococcal

Mumps

Pneumococcal

Pertussis

Polio

Rotovirus

Varicella

Zoster

Also, get an appointment with one of the panel physicians at least 1 week before the interview date to complete the medical.

Applicant’s Photographs

If you believe that you may have had some of the vaccinations already, but have no official record of them to present to the panel physician, you may contact the panel physician to see if a Titre Test will be accepted instead of having all the vaccinations again.

Required documents:

Applicant’s photographs

Excessive evidence to prove marital relationship in addition to the marriage certificate. This can be wedding album, honeymoon pictures, email/chat/phone records, joint bank account/joint property ownership etc. If the interview is to take place through a glass window, make sure things are flat enough to be passed through.

Applicant’s identification info, such as driver license, voter’s registration card etc.

Petitioner’s original documents/copies are optional. However, it is a good idea to bring them too at interview time. You never know.

• Do not forget to collect all your originals back after the interview, which were submitted to NVC.

• Read the forms (I-130, G-325A of the petitioner and the beneficiary, I-864, DS-3032 and DS-230) carefully, so that your answers to the officer’s questions must match whatever is written on the forms.

• Take an additional photocopy of ALL the documents including the one submitted to NVC too.

• Dress appropriately for the interview - "business casual" - with minimal jewelry.

• Listen to the officer carefully and answer properly and politely to each question.

• Do not provide extra information other than the right and truthful answer to the question.

• The visa is affixed inside the passport (validity will be 6 months) and looks like this. The applicant is given a sealed envelope which should be hand carried, UNOPENED, to the U.S and submitted to the immigration inspector at the U.S. port-of-entry. If the sealed envelope is opened prior to arrival in the United States, the immigrant visa fee of $400 must be paid again at the American Consulate, and a new sealed envelope will be handed over to the applicant.

• All dates are in the U.S. format MM/DD/YYYY (ie. for Aug 15, 2001, write 08/15/2001)

• Fingers should not have any cut or wound (there may be fingerprinting at U.S Consulate and at U.S Port of Entry).

• For example interview questions, refer to Consular Interview Questions or Interview Questions, Attachment # 5, below.

• Ask someone which line you should go in - sometimes they say the visitor line, sometimes the permanent resident/citizen line.... Proceed to the immigration officer and hand over your passport and the sealed envelope. Officer might take you to another area and ask some questions. Listen carefully and answer politely and properly.

• Your passport will be stamped on or near the visa page. It will look like this (new style stamp) or possibly this (old style stamp). The visa + stamp will act as your I-551, like a temporary "green card", until the actual card arrives in the mail. It is valid for travel and work purposes for one year. Make sure you get the IR-1 stamp if you have been married more than two years at the time of entry.

• If your spouse is not with you already, meet your beloved one waiting – you’re done! (Do not forget to give a big hug and a kiss and optionally a bouquet of roses!)

• Wait for Welcome Letter, Social Security card and Green Card to arrive in mail. The SS card should arrive in 10-14 days if you checked the box to receive it automatically on the DS-230. Alternatively, you can visit your local Social Security office to obtain a card. It might be 10-14 days before your number is available in their system. The Green Card takes longer to arrive - usually around 6-8 weeks.

• If you were married for less than two years when you activated your permanent residence status (by arriving at a U.S. Point of Entry), make a note to apply for lifting conditions 90 days before the two-year anniversary of your entry (NOT the two-year anniversary of your wedding). See Step-by-Step Guide on Removing of Conditions (Form I-751) for further information

Timeline

:wow::wacko::thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Thank u so so much kamson the whole process is so overwheming but thanks so much for your detailed input. :yes:

NVC Steps

Tel# (603) 334-0700

Important:

TRACK 1 - I-864

AOS Fee payment

Important:

Important :

* DS-3032 Emailing

Important:

*NVC Enters DS-3032

*NVC Invoices IV Fee

* Agent pays IV Fee

Important:

Step 3 - Finalization

Acellular pertussis

Hepatitis A

Hepatitis B

Influenza

Influenza type b (Hib)

Measles

Meningococcal

Mumps

Pneumococcal

Pertussis

Polio

Rotovirus

Varicella

Zoster

Applicant’s Photographs

Required documents:

Applicant’s photographs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.