Solano

your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E

166 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just wanted to add my information so you might know a little more about this. My NOA1 was October 1, 2012. I received the same alien registration number notification in the middle of December. We got very excited, but nothing happened. We received our NOA2 on April 18, 2012. This was within our normal timeline. I recall other people filing the same time I did that received the notification, but still only received their NOA2 around the same time as me.

It's my opinion that this notification is only when the alien registration number is assigned and that's it. There were a few cases that received their NOA2 early, but it was very rare. It's nice to see that your paperwork has been looked at. But, I wouldn't get your hopes up that you'll get an early NOA2. Hope this information helps! Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So true. Thank you

Unfortunately that's how the Government works. Anyone who's had the pleasure of being in the military can tell you that. laughing.gif

Just keep your head up, and keep plowing forward. None of us like the wait, and we all want to be with our lovers yesterday... but I think in a lot of ways having to put this much effort into being together makes the relationship more valuable and stable in the long run once you're together.

If you can make it through this, you can make it through anything!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I just got off the photo with a USCIS immigration officer who called me back after I called the USCIS general hotline yesterday and of course didn't receive any useful information.

The officer today confirmed that the A# isn't a glitch. You receive the message when they assign the Alien Registration number to the fiance' which is the number that will be used for their future Green Card, ect.. Also, if you receive this message early on it means that they've actually started on your case. If you haven't received the notice then they have received it but haven't necessarily started reviewing it.

Other than this, the immigration officer was basically the same as the general USCIS hotline officer. She couldn't provide me with any time line estimates. She just said it varied and said the usual, "we are processing Oct 15, 2012 filers" which isn't entirely true if we have seen filers from this year approved.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

I just got off the photo with a USCIS immigration officer who called me back after I called the USCIS general hotline yesterday and of course didn't receive any useful information.

The officer today confirmed that the A# isn't a glitch. You receive the message when they assign the Alien Registration number to the fiance' which is the number that will be used for their future Green Card, ect.. Also, if you receive this message early on it means that they've actually started on your case. If you haven't received the notice then they have received it but haven't necessarily started reviewing it.

Other than this, the immigration officer was basically the same as the general USCIS hotline officer. She couldn't provide me with any time line estimates. She just said it varied and said the usual, "we are processing Oct 15, 2012 filers" which isn't entirely true if we have seen filers from this year approved.

Yes, thats a glitch, but if you receive same information second time in few months from now then its not a glitch. First time i got this info in January 2013 and second time on June 5th

event.png

January 18, 2013 - I-129F receive by USCIS

January 21, 2013 - receive NOA1

January 25, 2013 - A# was changed

event.png

June 5, 2013 - our case was accepted NOA2 online

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Ok, so did USCIS tell you it's a glitch or is it your own opinion?

The immigration officer I spoke with said nothing about a glitch.

I talked to many different vj members, at the beggining of the process they all recevied this information, and all of them were calling the USCIS, they were getting different info, one of them were told that USCIS changed their process and signing A# at the beggining, and other were told that its a glitch,

And i think its second thing, cause everyone getting info about A# second time just before approval.

Last week i got that info 15mins before they approved my application

event.png

January 18, 2013 - I-129F receive by USCIS

January 21, 2013 - receive NOA1

January 25, 2013 - A# was changed

event.png

June 5, 2013 - our case was accepted NOA2 online

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

This is just my assumption, If I am correct, the differences between the ones getting the approval quickly after receiving the ARN change is the ones that actually were informed via email got theirs quickly while the ones that just saw the status change on the website still had to wait 4-6 months before they received their approval. Please correct me if this is wrong but after reading all of these that is my conclusion. We noticed ours on the website but have not received an email siting the change.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

So happy for all of you that have got the process or that are near the end ? did your NOA2 say that your application has been passed on to your local office for further processing? Can anyone share some light on what that means for me please, I just received an email on the 21st saying that my I-129F had been passed onto my local office ? would that be London or my fiancées local office meaning Vermont? Thanks in advance

event.png

event.png

15-02-2013 - we sent in our I-129F petition

27-02-2013 - received our NOA1

25-07-2013 - Rrecieved our NOA2

20-08-2013 - our case arrived at NVC

10-09-2013 - Medical booked biggrin.png

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I talked to many different vj members, at the beggining of the process they all recevied this information, and all of them were calling the USCIS, they were getting different info, one of them were told that USCIS changed their process and signing A# at the beggining, and other were told that its a glitch,

And i think its second thing, cause everyone getting info about A# second time just before approval.

Last week i got that info 15mins before they approved my application

I got this email this morning and spent literally all day researching it. It is not a glitch. It might have been last year, but it seems they have changed the process internally slightly. Things take a little less time than they used to, so I wont complain! The alien # being issued doesn't mean that you're getting approved quicker, nor is it a glitch. It's the number assigned to your future spouse that if they get approved, will be the # they bring with them to the US. It is also the number you will need for further paperwork. It's a normal process. This can be considered a "touched" step in the progress. All it means is your papers were on someones desk.

My personal experience:

Filed July 1, 2013

NOA1 July, 9 2013

Touched aka Alien registration # changed July 11, 2013

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

I got this email this morning and spent literally all day researching it. It is not a glitch. It might have been last year, but it seems they have changed the process internally slightly. Things take a little less time than they used to, so I wont complain! The alien # being issued doesn't mean that you're getting approved quicker, nor is it a glitch. It's the number assigned to your future spouse that if they get approved, will be the # they bring with them to the US. It is also the number you will need for further paperwork. It's a normal process. This can be considered a "touched" step in the progress. All it means is your papers were on someones desk.

My personal experience:

Filed July 1, 2013

NOA1 July, 9 2013

Touched aka Alien registration # changed July 11, 2013

I hope that it isn't a Glitch, it would be very nice to receive the Approval soon....we will see, got the message this afternoon, our NOA1 was 10-02-2013. fingers crossed :)

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

just my two cents - our I129F application was officially received (ie I got a text - it actually arrived a few days before) on 10/29/13, and I got the alien registration # notice on 11/4/13. we've heard nothing since, and frequent checks to the site also reveal no changes. I am trying very hard to be patient and focus on wedding planning instead of allowing myself to obsess over visa status. hard to do though, as many of you know!

10/21/13 Reserved wedding venue, choosing wedding date of 10/18/14

10/22/13 Sent I129-F application

10/29/13 Check was cashed, received text that application was received

11/4/13 Case was updated - Alien registration number assigned to fiance

12/17/13 Received RFE for a better set of passport photos of petitioner

12/18/13 Mailed out another set of passport photos

1/8/14 Received (text and email) notice our I129 was approved!!

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Means that A# has been assigned to your fiance. Expect approval in the next few days.

I got the same today!! Means we ll get approval soon???

01-08-2013 : We decided to be a couple and walk on the same life path!!!!

06-08-2013 : I traveled to the US to stay with my man for 3 months. We got engaged!!!!

Meanwhile :

July 2013 : My fiancé apply for his citizenship.

November 2013 : My fiancé become an American citizen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12-23-2013 : We sent I-129F form.

12-30-2013 : I-129F NOA1.

01-06-2014 : I-129F RFE ( fee mistake - we sent 341$ not 340$ ) + NOA1 Hardcopy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USCIS

01-22-2014 : We re-sent I-124F form.

01-24-2014 : I-129F NOA 1.

01-27-2014 : Case Number changed.

01-28-2014 : Alien Registration Number changed.

01-31-2014 : NOA1 Hardcopy.

02-07-2014 : Expedite requested.

02-10-2014 : Requested expedite denied.

04-28-2014 : Expedite requested (financial loss).

05-02-2014 : Email received requesting evidence to expedite + we sent evidence right away.

05-05-2014 : Expedite request approved (we called uscis on 05/08 and they told us that got approved).

05-08-2014 : NOA2

05-12-2014 : Uscis mail us noa2

05-14-2014 : Noa2 hardcopy received

05-21-2014 : Noa2 hardcopy received again with date 05-12-2014

NVC

05-22-2014 : Case Creation Date

05-29-2014 : NVC Left

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Embassy

06-06-2014 : Received By Consulate

06-10-2014 : Received Package 3

06-18-2014 : Package 3 Sent

07-01-2014 : Received Package 4

07-07-2014 : Medical Exam

07-17-2014 : Interview (221g) (Administrative Processing)

07-17-2014 : Sent back an email as they asked

as1cOAY0g411110MDAwNDMwbHwwMDAyMDlsfFdlI[/

• 8 months later...

I received my NOA1 on Sept. 18, 2014 and then got the message about the alien registration number being changed on Sept. 23, but I still haven't received my NOA2 is that normal? seems like I should have received it already. Can somebody explain this?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.