andrew va thuy

NOA2-NVC-process question

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If I go to the NVC center forum, there's a pinned diagram.

That diagram depicts a form I-864 Affadavit oF Support going to me and a form DS-3032 mailed to the fiance ?? Vietnam Only when botha are complete and fees have changed hands does the package go to Consulate

Really ? How can all those forms be checked in days or even several weeks ? It takes a long time just to clear the NOA2 hurdle.

Moreover it seems as though HCM is asking for Affidavit of Support ( I-134 ).

Further the pdf's made available in this site for Packet 3 & 4 talk of $160 to get a Visa at HCM. This is a different VISA fee than the I-129 F ..no doubt.

I just need a map ! I need to start preparing but I am not sure which forms... please advise.

Thanks Andrew

I am in the same boat with you. Any help on hints will be really appreciate.

My K1 Time Line

AOS Quest: Completed :=)

06-08-2007: AOS Package Sent

06-12-2007: AOS Package Recieved

06-19-2007: Check Cashed

06-22-2007: NOA1 in the Mail

06-26-2007: Biometrics Appoinment Received 7-14-2007

07-14-2007: Biometrics Appointment

10-29-2007: AOS interview - still need to wait for FBI name check.

02-27-2008: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident

02-28-2008: Card production ordered

03-04-2008: Approval notice sent

03-07-2008: Green Card received

05-07-2008: California ID received (took almost a year to get it)

Being a Dad Quest: :=)

06-05-2008: My lovely baby girl arrived.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The information provided in the NVC forum relates primarily to people filing marriage based visas like the CR-1.

Since you are filing for a K-1, your case will be at the NVC for just a brief time while they conduct FBI name background checks then get forwarded to the HCMC consulate where they will prepare packet 3 for your fiance which will include a DS-230 for your fiance to send back and affidavit of support form I-134 for you to fill out.

There was a $100 fee for the interview 2 years ago (my God, has it been that long?) when my wife sent back pack 3. It wouldn't suprise me if the fee has gone up to $160 now.

Edited by dalegg

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Timeline

Thanks ! This site is a mind-saver thanks for your frequent contributions ! Any idea what causes the little timeline to be posted automatically ? Is that a setting ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi andrew va thuy,

You can add your timeline to your posts by manually inputing/updating the information in the signature settings area.

1. Click My Controls

2. Click Edit Signature

3. Manually enter your information

5. Click Update Signature

You should be all set after those steps. So it is a matter of manually getting it in there and then updating it manually as new steps are completed.

Best of luck!

STL_HCMC

Thanks ! This site is a mind-saver thanks for your frequent contributions ! Any idea what causes the little timeline to be posted automatically ? Is that a setting ?

K1 Timeline

12/27/2005...I-129F Sent (Nebraska Service Center)

07/19/2006...Visa Approved

AOS Timeline

01/23/2007...AOS Sent

03/08/2007...AOS Approved

Removing Conditions

01/12/2009...I-751 Sent

06/10/2009...I-751 Approved

Naturalization

03/27/2010...N-400 Sent

11/21/2011...Approval

12/09/2011...Oath Ceremony

Timeline
I am in the same boat with you. Any help on hints will be really appreciate.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1328.html

Should K-1 fiance(e) visa applicants use the I-864 or the I-134?

Since fiance(e)s are nonimmigrant visa applicants, they should use the I-134. They will need to submit an I-864 to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) when they adjust status to conditional immigrant in the United States after they are married.

So we get to do both - just i-864 later

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Baby steps!!! Please stay focus on getting the I-134 ready with PERFECTION! :D Let's worry about the I864 later, once she gets here!

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.