7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I see the wording of "touched" used many times on this site. Can someone please tell me what it mens, and how can you tell if your K 1 has been "touched?" What does "touched" siginfy to the petitioner?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

it refers to every instance your file is being moved or looked at.... they have to scan it in such cases and this results in file being "touched"

you can tell about the touches if you have registered on USCIS website to track your case.

plz dont put anything into it you will pull all your hairs out..

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

Timeline

I see, I am a June 28th NOA 1, and saw yesterday on Igor's list that a June 22 was approved, and the best I can tell my file has never been "touched", as I have registered on the USCIS web site, and have asked for e mail notification, which could come within the next 2 weeks, it would seem to me that if I was going to get an "rfe" it would have already happened, though I understand it still can happen, YOUR thoughts, please? You are a nice person and knowledgable, thank you!

Timeline

well lots of ppl get approved without ever seeing their files being touched EVER. My file never showed any touches and it went past normal processing times as well. then I got approved. forget Igors list and call USCIS and ask them to tell you what date they are processing currently and that will give you much better idea. you are not past normal processing times yet. As far as waiting so long with no RFE means you will not get one?? No sorry. They just havent start your file yet its so backlogged. when they get to yours and review it if there is a problem then they will send RFE. but dont worry about that yet stay positive.

Timeline

Very wise words, but, Igor's list cannot be ignored, I do not think, as these are real people, and I see many, many June filers being approved now, also, yesterday, USCIS changed the timeline as of October 30, from 5.6 months to 5.2 months, to me with how many June approvals I am seeing on Igor's list, they have to be working on June filers, as October 30 is almost 40 days ago! Does this make any sense to you, my friend!

Timeline

well Igor list sometimes showing very recent fliers getting approved but its not representing the national average. If you call and ask current processing time at VSC I guarantee it will not coincide with the most recent approvals on Igor's list. call up tmrw and check it. Yes you could be right that they are working on June I dont know. Hopefully you will get good news sometime this month, next month the latest.

Timeline

Thank you for being so kind, and I wish you and yours the very best, and I agree with you, it will be anytime from 2 weeks from now, to early January, as I have a plane ticket to come back here June 28th, and willl stay until she is finished, what do you think of my planning, I can always change the ticket if a problem, but at least I think my timing is "decent" with what we know is going on, again thank you, not everyone on this site as helpful, or as n ice!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.