Kimbear

why does customer service suck so badly at major stores here

27 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

overseas = call center in India or the PI.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

overseas = call center in India or the PI.

Yeah but how do you know?

There's a call center full of middle easterners next to my work.

I don't work in Pakistan or India.

oldlady.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Worst customer service ever: Best Buy. I refuse..REFUSE to set foot in that store. I've had so many bad experiences with no resolution that it's beyond my comprehension. (Canadian Best Buy I should add, not sure about American Best Buy stores)

I love Best Buy, I've never had an issue with their customer service. But I never shopped there in Canada only the US. Maybe American Best Buy is better, or its the luck of the draw.

Kimbear, that's ridiculous and annoying. I've never had a good experience with Sears, I think they're dying for a reason. I've bought most of our furniture at American Furniture warehouse, they're great, but only in CO. Maybe you should consider looking at some local furniture stores and cancel, your Sears order? If that's even an option. At this point I would want to tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine!

Timeline

All best buys and future shops both us and canada are all idiots.

I'm not even talking customer service to return something.

Because a return policy isn't all I look for in a store.

Too many times have they both sold me things that were NOT correct for what I was looking for.

I just wish tiger direct was closer (in canada).

In the US, we use Fry's which only those from chicago suburbs or California will probably know.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

I love Best Buy, I've never had an issue with their customer service. But I never shopped there in Canada only the US. Maybe American Best Buy is better, or its the luck of the draw.

Kimbear, that's ridiculous and annoying. I've never had a good experience with Sears, I think they're dying for a reason. I've bought most of our furniture at American Furniture warehouse, they're great, but only in CO. Maybe you should consider looking at some local furniture stores and cancel, your Sears order? If that's even an option. At this point I would want to tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine!

I would lol but its not an option at this point! and honestly..i did get a 1600$ bed for 400 on the black friday sale. so i guess i cna't complaint too much, its just..well it all the bs problems with both macy's and sears combined. They dont seem to want to keep customers shopping there anymore.

best buy customer service is hit or miss. although i do prefer the layouts of the canadian ones for media like dvds etc. the ones here in chicago just seem so disorganized.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

All best buys and future shops both us and canada are all idiots.

I'm not even talking customer service to return something.

Because a return policy isn't all I look for in a store.

Too many times have they both sold me things that were NOT correct for what I was looking for.

I just wish tiger direct was closer (in canada).

In the US, we use Fry's which only those from chicago suburbs or California will probably know.

best buy& Future shop are the same company best buy owns future shop they have for quite a few years. the only thing i do like is the price match. i bought my canon camera and it was 100$ cheaper at future shop the week after i bought it at best buy so not only did they refund me, but i got 10% extra off. and since they are sister companies there really was no reason for such a price difference..

Frys i'm not a fan off. or Tiget direct. i bought an hdd at tiger which they tried to bill me 80$ more for in the store when i showed them their own website that it was cheaper....I used to work for a company like this in Canada we had 20 stores in Quebec, i worked there for 10 years from sales to pc tech / builder to franchise /warehouse manager. I know what goes on and the rma in and out with most of the manufactures. Canada and USA use the same suppliers, so i dont get the stupidity in repairs/replacements at some of these stores. I prefer to just buy my stuff off Newegg now. but i do my own research and i know which brands are reliable or not. i dont listen to half the idiots to make stupid reviews with 1 star cuz they dont know how to read a simple instruction.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

best buy& Future shop are the same company best buy owns future shop they have for quite a few years. the only thing i do like is the price match. i bought my canon camera and it was 100$ cheaper at future shop the week after i bought it at best buy so not only did they refund me, but i got 10% extra off. and since they are sister companies there really was no reason for such a price difference..

Frys i'm not a fan off. or Tiget direct. i bought an hdd at tiger which they tried to bill me 80$ more for in the store when i showed them their own website that it was cheaper....I used to work for a company like this in Canada we had 20 stores in Quebec, i worked there for 10 years from sales to pc tech / builder to franchise /warehouse manager. I know what goes on and the rma in and out with most of the manufactures. Canada and USA use the same suppliers, so i dont get the stupidity in repairs/replacements at some of these stores. I prefer to just buy my stuff off Newegg now. but i do my own research and i know which brands are reliable or not. i dont listen to half the idiots to make stupid reviews with 1 star cuz they dont know how to read a simple instruction.

Many stores have sales online that do not apply to in-store purchases.

That is not abnormal.

I also buy 90% of my stuff on newegg unless I don't feel like waiting.

oldlady.gif

Timeline

So I just went to Tim hortons and I ask the lady what bagels they have and she snottily replies "umm... The usual" then pauses a second to which I almost gave her an earful but then she proceed to give me the list of bagels in a tone of voice that indicates I was clearly inconveniencing her. Another girl politely hands us our apple ciders at the window then that lady shoves my bagel out the window and turns around to walk away w o saying a word. Beyoootch

oldlady.gif

I agree -- customer service in Canada was typically nothing special, but it's far worse in the U.S. I've always been really polite with customer service agents, but I've learned that I simply can't be like that in America -- I need to be pushy and demanding. Fortunately my wife is great at being pushy and demanding (though not with me, fortunately!), so I don't have to go into that grey area too often...but the point is that I really shouldn't have to. Sure, I know retail workers generally get paid ###### wages, but they ARE being paid to do a relatively simple job. Adding a modicum of personability to the equation seems to be too much strain for most.

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

So funny..here in SC I haven't had any problems with customer service. Then again..haven't made too many big purchases or needed to return things. Now that my ROC is approved, I'll be doing some major reno's to this house...so I guess it's possible a may be whistling a different tune :whistle:

Cute, cute puppy!!!!

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Timeline

So funny..here in SC I haven't had any problems with customer service. Then again..haven't made too many big purchases or needed to return things. Now that my ROC is approved, I'll be doing some major reno's to this house...so I guess it's possible a may be whistling a different tune :whistle:

Cute, cute puppy!!!!

I wouldn't anticipate you having issues.

Southern hospitality doesn't mean a good butt wipe.

They really are known for it.

My theory is that if they have a southern accent then they're nicer than anyone you'll find in chicago and new York combined

oldlady.gif

Timeline

Time for Craigslist.

USCIS

Jul 15/11 - Sent I-130 Package from Honolulu

Jul 18/11 - I-130 package received & signed for in Chicago
Jul 19/11 - Priority Date
Jul 21/11 - NOA1/USCIS Acceptance Confirmation received
Jul 29/11 - Received I-797C hard copy
Aug 4/11 - Touched
Feb 16/12 - NOA2 Approval (212 days since Priority Date)

NVC

Feb 28/12 - NVC Case Number, BIN & IIN Assigned, Optin E-mail for EP Sent

Mar 2/12 - DS-261 Submitted
Mar 5/12 - Electronic Processing Opt-in Accepted, AOS Invoiced & Paid
Mar 7/12 - NVC receive IV electronic package, AOS shows "Paid", AOS Package Sent
Mar 9/12 - IV Bill Invoiced & Paid
Mar 12/12 - AOS fee shows as "Not Paid - Rejected": Human error. AOS re-paid.
Mar 13/12 - IV is "Paid." Will have to be re-paid post imminent "Rejected" status. NVC e-mail "Checklist Cover Letter" asking for my $$$
Mar 14/12 - IV is "Rejected - Not Paid", Re-paid, AOS is "Paid"
Mar 16/12 - IV is "Paid", DS-260 submitted & Package sent
Mar 19/12 - IV Package Received
Mar 20/12 - Case Complete E-mail Received (21 days at NVC)

Final Steps

Apr 10/12 - Interview date assigned: May 9 @ 8:30AM

May 1/12 - Medical Date
May 9/12 - Interview result: Approved!
Jun 22/12 - POE
Jul 23/12 - SSN assigned
Aug 10/12 - Green card in hand

ROC

Mar 25/14 - ROC sent to CSC

Mar 28/14 - Package delivered to CSC

Apr 1/14 - Check cashed

Apr 3/14 - Received NOA1, Receipt Date: 3/28

Jun 15/14 - Move to San Diego

Jun 23/14 - RFE / Package sent: Aug 6, ETA Aug 8

Aug 22/14 - New Card in Production

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.