AP+JP

"your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I129F"

49 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey guys,

I'm trying to understand what's going on with my petition. Yesterday I got an email that my case as an update. So I went to the USCIS website and checked my case status. It's still in "INITIAL REVIEW" status, but there is an update below it. This is what it says:

On December 5, 2012, your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please check our website at uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance.

I have no idea what this means.... I this a good or a bad thing? Does this mean that they just started working on my case? Has anyone else experienced this or knows what this means?

Thanks for any feedback

8mwpn.png

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I also got an update, "Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I129F", today. Also wondering what exactly this means. I've only overnighted my I-129F application last November 29, 2012, and it was accepted by the lockbox on December 4, 2012 and forwarded to the California Service Center.

Then, today, December 6,2012, it's showing "Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I129F". If it's true that it's already an approval, wouldn't that be too fast since it's just literally a week?

Thanks!

Edited by radiofreq

Timeline

Hi,

I also got an update, "Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I129F", today. Also wondering what exactly this means. I've only overnighted my I-129F application last November 29, 2012, and it was accepted by the lockbox on December 4, 2012 and forwarded to the California Service Center.

Then, today, December 6,2012, it's showing "Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I129F". If it's true that it's already an approval, wouldn't that be too fast since it's just literally a week?

Thanks!

YOU ARE SO LUCKY that your petition went to California Service Center!!!

It seems like everyone at Vermont Service Center has mysteriously died. And petitions are taking FOREVER to get approved.

Do you live on the west coast? I wish I could somehow get my petition to CSC...

8mwpn.png

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi even I got this message yesterday... Been waiting since sept 24 for my I765 application to be approved... But got this message instead... I think it's an error in the uscis system... I am not sure whether it should be taken as approval... But why did it happen to only our applns is the Q.... I am planning to talk to a tier2 officer for the exact status of my appln... Wat do u say...

Edited by Wishluck

Timeline

Hi even I got this message yesterday... Been waiting since sept 24 for my I765 application to be approved... But got this message instead... I think it's an error in the uscis system... I am not sure whether it should be taken as approval... But why did it happen to only our applns is the Q.... I am planning to talk to a tier2 officer for the exact status of my appln... Wat do u say...

if you find out what this message means can you please post it here?

It seems like NO ONE knows what the hell this message means. I even asked an immigration lawyer yesterday.

IF ANYONE OUT THERE KNOWS, PLEASE REPLY TO THIS THREAD! THANKS!

8mwpn.png

Timeline

I got the same message yesterday and forwarded it off to my lawyer. He told me to take it as an approval.

He is going to call them and confirm today and I'll let you know for sure

Dd you get any response from your lawyer?... Could you please tell us the reason?

Timeline

It seems like NO ONE knows what the hell this message means. I even asked an immigration lawyer yesterday.

I spoke to a tier1 uscis officer yesterday...He didn't know anything abt it... Nd he told that it is a good thing... It think your case is being processed.... But when I posted the ques in another community... I got a response from Some one else who got this kind of message and their lawyer spoke to uscis .... Uscis said that it is due to some system error...

AILA also reported a glitch in the system but only California service center...

I want to post the link but it is not allowing me..

I am hesitated to call uscis coz it clearly mentioned not to call.... Not sure wat to do

Edited by Wishluck

Timeline

Is your case within the processing time... Did you expect any update from uscis during this time or is it totally unexpected..... I was expecting some update from uscis but I got this weird message.... My processing time limit will be reached in 15 days...

I am hoping some progress happened with my case because not everyone got this kind of an update... There should be some reason but not sure whether to talk to tier 2 officer or not....

Timeline

I spoke to a tier1 uscis officer yesterday...He didn't know anything abt it... Nd he told that it is a good thing... It think your case is being processed.... But when I posted the ques in another community... I got a response from Some one else who got this kind of message and their lawyer spoke to uscis .... Uscis said that it is due to some system error...

AILA also reported a glitch in the system but only California service center...

I want to post the link but it is not allowing me..

I am hesitated to call uscis coz it clearly mentioned not to call.... Not sure wat to do

I just called USCIS. The lady on the phone sounded like a robot. She sounded like she was reading automated responses from a computer screen.

I asked her what this message means. And she just said the same thing the message said. "Your alien registration number has been changed"............ I wish she could be more HUMAN and talk like a HUMAN, and actually explain something.

The only useful piece of information I got out of her is that USCIS has mailed me some kind of letter with more detailed information... I have no idea what that means. I really hope it's not RFE

8mwpn.png

Timeline

Is your case within the processing time... Did you expect any update from uscis during this time or is it totally unexpected..... I was expecting some update from uscis but I got this weird message.... My processing time limit will be reached in 15 days...

I am hoping some progress happened with my case because not everyone got this kind of an update... There should be some reason but not sure whether to talk to tier 2 officer or not....

My case is already past the processing time. It's been 6 months for me. Normal processing time is 5 months. Although I do see that VERMONT SERVICE CENTER has been really slow the past couple months... so 6 months actually is a NORMAL processing time.

I was expecting my NOA2 some time this week, but instead got this message. No idea what this means.

Also, the lady on the phone told me that USCIS is processing cases right now from May 28th.

8mwpn.png

Timeline

My case is already past the processing time. It's been 6 months for me. Normal processing time is 5 months. Although I do see that VERMONT SERVICE CENTER has been really slow the past couple months... so 6 months actually is a NORMAL processing time.

I was expecting my NOA2 some time this week, but instead got this message. No idea what this means.

Also, the lady on the phone told me that USCIS is processing cases right now from May 28th.

I actually spoke with a tier 2 officer just now and she said that there are keying errors in the system.... She said that my case is still under process... And there is no update with my case....

And that's all ..... Again waiting for this unpredictable thing to happen....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.