jhoena&victor

interview tomorrow !

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

finally tomorrow is our interview ! my husband recieved it for dec 6 at 7:15 in juarez. we have been here since sunday ,monday we got his medical done and on tuesday we had ASC scheduled at 2 pm . he was illegaly present in the united states so i dont knw what i ams supposed to expect . any tips or suggestions ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I guess that may bring some trouble or questions in the interview. He was illegal before he married you? For how long he was illegally in the U.S?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Best of luck on your interview!!! They may ask you to file a waiver due to his illegal stay in the U.S. It all depends on how long he stayed, and how long it's been. Hope for the best but be prepared to answer some questions about that.

event.pngevent.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I wish you good luck for tomorrow!! GOD speed :) :)

Picture4.jpg

Picture5.jpg

----------------------------------------

K-1 Journey (I-129F)

09/10/2010 ----- Filing date of I-129 F

09/22/2010 ----- NOA 1

02/22/2011 ----- Case being adjudicated

02/28/2011 ----- RFE, Waiver to file 2nd K-1 petition

03/04/2011 ----- RFE reply sent

03/08/2011 ----- RFE received and being reviewed at USCIS

03/17/2011 ----- NOA2 (I-129F approved)

03/23/2011 ----- NOA2 hard copy received

03/29/2011 ----- NVC received our Case

04/04/2011 ----- NVC letter received and case forwarded to US embassy Manila

04/08/2011 ----- US Embassy Manila received our case (Consulate)

04/15/2011 ----- Paid VISA at BPI

04/16/2011 ----- Received Eligibility Letter from US Embassy Manila dated April 8, 2011

04/25/2011 ----- 1st day of Medical

04/26/2011 ----- 2nd day of Medical (I PASSED!! Thank you Lord!!)

05/13/2011 ----- Interview (221g - Case under Administrative Processing "AP")

08/12/2011 ----- Received an email from the embassy "Case is pending review by a consular officer"

----------------------------------------

My blog: All about my writings and essays

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My husband says his interview went well . he was asked to file a waiver so i planned ahead cause i kinda had in mind that they would ask for once since he was illegaly present in the US. i previously hired an attorney and did all the hardship process. i also left a money order payed to the us homeland security dept so the only thing i had to do was take the blue sheet with permission to submit waiver to a DHL and send it off to my attorney. i guess all i have to do is wait , at least i knw that the process does not take as long as it used to. does anyone knw about other cases like mine and how long they are taking ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My husband says his interview went well . he was asked to file a waiver so i planned ahead cause i kinda had in mind that they would ask for once since he was illegaly present in the US. i previously hired an attorney and did all the hardship process. i also left a money order payed to the us homeland security dept so the only thing i had to do was take the blue sheet with permission to submit waiver to a DHL and send it off to my attorney. i guess all i have to do is wait , at least i knw that the process does not take as long as it used to. does anyone knw about other cases like mine and how long they are taking ?

From what I understand, it is generally taking 3-4 months. From there, he may be asked to return for another interview, for final approval. But then again, he may not. People have had different experiences in this. But generally, after waiver approval, it is between 1-3 weeks to receive passport and visa thru DHL. Congrats on atleast being able to apply and good luck!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.