AR0520

Packet3 and DS-156

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Is it okay to download Packet3 from my beneficiary's consulate(Mumbai) and use those forms to send it to consulate? Or should my SO/Beneficiary have to submit the ones consulate send her in packet3?

My 129f was approved about a month ago and my beneficiary's embassy had already received the case to further process K3 however, we're still awaiting on a Packet3 that was mailed by Embassy on Oct.19th,2006!!!! I sent 5 requests to Embassy asking them if its okay to download packet3 and use downloaded forms and apply for K3?still haven't received any replies. Some one please advise what should we do? Embassy is about 10 hours away from our residence and i m not certain if the embassy would hand her packet3 at the consulate's Visa unit?

Also, I noticed DS-156 form also has a section for 'BARCODE'? where do we get the barcode from...confused**

Edited by AR0520

I-130

I-130 Sent : 2006-06-08

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-07-17

I-130 NOA2: 2006-10-05 [APPROVED]

I-129F

I-129F Sent : 2006-07-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-07-26

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-09-28 [APPROVED]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

In our case the consulate provided a web address to fill out and print the form. It is not "savable" and must be filled and printed. The barcode appears on this form. Print two copies and then photocopy one of the originals for your records. My fiancee if from Peru and the on her form on the web the questions were in Spanish. So I would wait for her to receive packet 3 and go from there. Hope this helps. :thumbs:

Hi all,

Is it okay to download Packet3 from my beneficiary's consulate(Mumbai) and use those forms to send it to consulate? Or should my SO/Beneficiary have to submit the ones consulate send her in packet3?

My 129f was approved about a month ago and my beneficiary's embassy had already received the case to further process K3 however, we're still awaiting on a Packet3 that was mailed by Embassy on Oct.19th,2006!!!! I sent 5 requests to Embassy asking them if its okay to download packet3 and use downloaded forms and apply for K3?still haven't received any replies. Some one please advise what should we do? Embassy is about 10 hours away from our residence and i m not certain if the embassy would hand her packet3 at the consulate's Visa unit?

Also, I noticed DS-156 form also has a section for 'BARCODE'? where do we get the barcode from...confused**

Maylene & Scott Nottingham

Thanks for the kind reply Scott!. It's been well over 3 weeks since my So's embassy have mailed out packet3 and we still have not received it.I have finally decided to send my wife next monday to obtain a copy of packet3 directly from Embassy's visa unit. It's worth travelling 10hours worth of distance than sitting at home worrying like a MUG! :P

Edited by AR0520

I-130

I-130 Sent : 2006-06-08

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-07-17

I-130 NOA2: 2006-10-05 [APPROVED]

I-129F

I-129F Sent : 2006-07-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-07-26

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-09-28 [APPROVED]

Thanks for the kind reply Scott!. It's been well over 3 weeks since my So's embassy have mailed out packet3 and we still have not received it.I have finally decided to send my wife next monday to obtain a copy of packet3 directly from Embassy's visa unit. It's worth travelling 10hours worth of distance than sitting at home worrying like a MUG! :P

I have read in Mumbai's website that duplicate copyof pack-3 can be collected in person from embassy's assistance window in monrning...so I am sure your so's should be able to collect it.

I wonder how Mumbai send pack-3...I mean is it by govt simple mail, certi. mail or by courier....I mean what is chance of lost mail.....

Did they tell you by mail that they have already mailed pck-3 on on oct 19 ??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.