RebeccaS

After I 130 approval but what next?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Yemen
Timeline

I'm in the process of an I 130 petition for spouse. It has been approved. I've gotten the letter. then they sent other paperwork for us to fill out. it has been sent and has been approved as well. what next. will they send me the Affidavit of Support form. if so how long will i have to wait for them to send it if the paperwork was sent and the I 130 form was approved on April 18, 2012. Or should i fill out an Affidavit of Support form and mail it to them. Which is the correct way and what could help me finish this process faster so my husband can come to the country.

Also another question. my fathers income is what will be used to show the government that my husband will not need government aid. I on the other hand am a college student and do not have a job so i need financial aid. is obtaining financial aid harm my chances of getting a visa for my husband. does the uscis look for if we are both recieving government aid? Overall, is it a bad idea for me to apply and recieve financial aid?

Please help me asap.

Timeline

You are a USC and if you get aid it will not affect the petition for your husband.

Petitioner LPR upgraded to USC June 22, 2012
August 22, 2012: case complete
October 18, 2012: Interview (APPROVED)
October 26, 2012: Picked up visa from DHL (delay caused by Sandy)
December 15, 2012: POE Atlanta....................became USC July 2016!!!!

Mothers' Journey (My sister is the petitioner)

September 10, 2013: Sent I-130 (UPS next day service)

September 12, 2013: Received text to confirm delivery

September 16, 2013: Received NOA 1

March 22, 2014: Received NOA 2

April 8, 2014: File Received by NVC

May 26, 2015: Interview (approved)..........now LPR (delays caused by 2 RFE)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm in the process of an I 130 petition for spouse. It has been approved. I've gotten the letter. then they sent other paperwork for us to fill out. it has been sent and has been approved as well. what next. will they send me the Affidavit of Support form. if so how long will i have to wait for them to send it if the paperwork was sent and the I 130 form was approved on April 18, 2012. Or should i fill out an Affidavit of Support form and mail it to them. Which is the correct way and what could help me finish this process faster so my husband can come to the country.

Also another question. my fathers income is what will be used to show the government that my husband will not need government aid. I on the other hand am a college student and do not have a job so i need financial aid. is obtaining financial aid harm my chances of getting a visa for my husband. does the uscis look for if we are both recieving government aid? Overall, is it a bad idea for me to apply and recieve financial aid?

Please help me asap.

:time:

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

That's interesting that NVC sent you forms.

I know they do, when you are in 'postal processing' - that's about 3 months per thing.

Oh well, good luck with your journey.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

That's interesting that NVC sent you forms.

I know they do, when you are in 'postal processing' - that's about 3 months per thing.

Oh well, good luck with your journey.

what do you mean? is that a bad thing or a good thing. How long am i expected to wait and how should i contact NVC to have them hurry along my process.

Please help answer my questions because its been more than a year and a half since i sent in my I 130 and it just feels like this is going to be such a long process that i can't bear.

Oh, and is there anyway I can convince them to appoint me an interview sooner than later if I can tell them that this delay has an affect on my college education with going back and forth from America to Yemen. And that traveling to Yemen now is more of a problem now than when i got married 2 and a half years ago because of the protesting and government instability. I don't feel safe anymore traveling to Yemen to see my husband, so is there anyway I can contact them and tell them this and is there anyway that they would listen and take my case as a serious one. If so how?

Be very specific in your responses because i still find myself new to this whole thing and there isn't anyone that i can turn to that can easily help me. so I really do appreciate all the comments that I receive.

Thank you

Timeline

Welcome to VisaJourney.com !

Most folk here want speed at NVC, and use the Helpful HowTo Go Fast wiki entry over at

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

as to 'what I meant' - well, I meant exactly what I wrote.

Helpful Hint - all forms are downloadable - here's some more links for you:

DS-230 - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3190.html

I-864 - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3730.html

General NVC stuff - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1335.html

Still stumped? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/EZGuideSpouse

FWIW, I'm guessing this 'other paperwork to fill out' might have been a DS-3032 or a DS-230.

Good News ! You can do NVC Electronic Processing, since the interview will be in Yemen -

see http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_5162.html

and study how to opt in ... note you'll be using a DS-230 and not a DS-260 when the time comes.

HTH !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

thanks so much for the helpful links.

However do you think it's a good idea for me to receive financial aid if i'm a dependent on my fathers tax returns. will this make a difference or affect my husbands visa process

Please help me out because i'm really stumped on this because i'll be starting school in january

Thank you

Timeline

for I-864 stuff, you are the primary sponser, so you fill out an I-864.

Lets assume for the moment that you WILL NOT meet the poverty guidelines,

so you'll have to obtain a co-sponser who will fill out another I-864 (or I-864A)

So that's two I-864s, one for you, one for your father.

YOU receiving financial aid won't matter, at all.

What does matter is your taxable income.

Timeline

That's the thing i don't have an income at all. I'm unemployed just a student who lives in my parents house. But my dad makes roughly more or less than 100,000 dollars a year before taxes and he'll be my co sponsor for sure because he makes over the required amount for the I 864.

I'm just worried that they ask me why I receive aid from the government if my fathers still supporting me. And the only way I qualify for financial aid is because I am supported by my husband who doesn't make enough to pay for my education. And this is true since I got married I've been with husband living with him. It's only when I'm in America back for school that I live with my dad. But even then he supplies for me a roof over my head and food for free.

Even with this does it still not matter if I get financial aid. I'm just really scared if the only reason they don't approve us a visa is for this reason and if I know before hand the better. Please help

If you have a co-sponsor you should be fine. The US government doesn't want your HUSBAND to be on means-tested benefits. As a sponsor (and your father as your co-sponsor) will have the pay the government back if he does use means-tested benefits. You can use financial aid still.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.