callmekay

Critique on timeline please!!!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :) I'm hoping this isnt overkill...

Not sure if I should send this with I-129F or wait till interview for this detailed timeline, but I've also got a condensed version of specifics too. I wrote it with both Vietnamese and English so my fiance can look over it to make sure I didn't forget anything. When I turn it in, only the English would be on it...

I, Khe Tieu Nguyen, a citizen of the United States am the fiancé of Bao Dinh Dang. The following is a sworn affidavit documenting the timeline of our relationship starting from July 2012 to present.

July 2012 – I went to drop of some clothes at Deluxe Cleaners where my sister-in-law is employed. I saw Bao’s uncle and we chatted and normally I call him “Anh” but that particular day I joked with him about his age and made a remark that I should start calling him “Chu” (uncle) since he’s getting older. He told me that if I wanted to call him “Chu” he has a nephew that he can introduce me to and thus started our journey.

July 07, 2012 – Bao and I talked for the first time. He called me 3 times before I had answered the phone. I had just spent the previous night helping a friend move into an apartment and was still sleeping when he called the first two times. Our conversation was very cordial. We introduced ourselves and talked about our day and his phone ran out of money. He called me the next day after he reloaded his phone to apologize and we exchanged our online information and started to contact one another online to minimize expensive phone costs.

July 09, 2012 – We Skyped for the first time and from there everything just fell into place for us. Over the next couple of months we talked and got to know one another through emails, phone calls, text messages, yahoo messenger chats, and skyping. Slowly we started falling for each other and wanted to take our relationship to the next level, but not until we had our parents approval.

September 09, 2012 – My parents invited Bao’s family to my sister-in-laws for my dad and nephew’s first birthday. Bao’s parents and uncle’s (the one who introduced us) family came to the celebration. His parents asked my parents that day and we received both their blessings.

September 18, 2012 – My birthday. I received a text at midnight wishing me a happy birthday and an email containing a picture of a cake and flowers from Bao. Mom surprised me with tickets to Vietnam in late October! She actually purchased them a month earlier but didn’t want to ruin the surprise so she waited for my birthday to give it to me. I informed Bao and we made plans with his parents the following week to make plans for us to meet and have our dam hoi (engagement party).

September 23, 2012 – I met Bao’s aunts and uncles who reside in Louisiana. We began determining when his parents could come to Vietnam and what needed to be done for the engagement. We decided to have the engagement on October 28, 2012.

For the next month we continued or usual means of communication.

October 23, 2012 – My parents, daughter, and I made it to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. I met Bao and his daughter, Han, for the first time.

October 24 – 27, 2012 – We finished with any last minute preparations for the engagement (last minute guests, ao dai rental, and setting up the engagement decorations at the house). We also prepared for his parents arrival on the 25th and then his uncle’s arrival on the 27th.

October 28, 2012 – The day has arrived! Engagement party!!!

October 29 – 30, 2012 – We spent time with his family in Saigon.

October 31 – November 02, 2012 – We went to Can Tho, Ca Mau, Ba Lieu, and Soc Trang with his family. We had lunch with both families in Can Tho. After lunch, Bao and his family left for HCMC. I stayed to celebrate mom’s birthday.

November 03, 2012 – My mom’s birthday!

November 04 – 09, 2012 – My aunt and I went to HCMC. I met back up with Bao and spent more time with his family before they left on November 07, 2012. We stayed in HCMC and on November 09 met with my cousin Tony (from California) for lunch. We went to Hai Au to meet his friends for dinner. After dinner we took Phuong Tran back to Can Tho.

November 10, 2012 – We had dinner at Alo 100 in Can Tho.

November 11 – 13, 2012 – We spent time with family in Can Tho. Visited temple where my grandparents are resting.

November 14 – 16, 2012 – Traveled with family to Chua Co Thach and Mui Ne. Returned to HCMC.

November 17, 2012 – Spent time in HCMC.

November 18 – 19, 2012 – We picked out outfits for our engagement/wedding pictures and had our pictures taken at Binh Quoi.

November 20 – 23, 2012 – We did some last minute shopping and spent time with family.

November 24, 2012 – Flew back to the states.

The first few months of conversation were just the beginning for us. Once I met Bao and his daughter, I knew that I made the right decision in having him apart of my life. The month we spent together could not prepare me for the hurt and sorrow I am currently feeling that we are no longer by one another. Not only did I fall in love with Bao, but my four-year-old daughter, Serenity, also made a connection with her “Ba Bao.” We are both looking forward to the day that my fiancé and stepdaughter are able to us and our new found family together again.

Relationship Timeline

• July 07, 2012

Lan dau tien noi chuyen voi nau.

First time talking to one another.

• July 09, 2012

Lan dau tien noi chuyen tren Skype.

First time talking to each other on Skype.

• September 09, 2012

Ba Me Bao qua hoi cuoi.

Bao’s family came to ask my parents for my hand in marriage.

• September 23, 2012

Ba Me em qua nha Ba cua Bao tin chuyen voi dinh hon.

My parents went to Bao’s family to discuss plans for our engagement.

• October 23, 2012

Bay ve Vietnam, lan dau tien gap mat nao.

Flew back to Vietnam, first time meeting in person.

• October 24-27, 2012

Sua song cho Le Dinh Hon.

Last minute preparations for the engagement.

• October 28, 2012

Ngay Le Dinh Hon.

Engagement Party

• October 29-30, 2012

Di choi voi gia dinh Bao o Saigon.

Spent time with Bao’s family in Saigon

• October 31 - November 02, 2012

Di Ca Mau, Bac Lieu, & Soc Trang voi gia dinh cua Bao. Di Du Tuyen voi ca hai gia dinh.

Went to Ca Mau, Bac Lieu, & Soc Trang with Bao’s family. Went to Du Tuyen with both families.

• November 03, 2012

Sinh nhat cua Me.

Celebrated mom’s birthday in Can Tho.

• November 4 – 09, 2012

Ve Saigon. Di choi o Saigon voi gia dinh Bao. Gap Anh Hieu. Ve Can Tho.

Came back to Saigon and spent time with Bao’s family. Bao’s family left on November 07, 2012. Bao met my cousin Anh Hieu. Left Saigon to go back to Can Tho.

• November 10, 2012

An o Alo 100, Can Tho

Dinner at Alo 100 in Can Tho

• November 11 - 13, 2012

Di choi voi gia dinh o Can Tho. Tam mo Ong Ngoai va Ba Ngoai o chua.

Spent time with family in Can Tho. Visited temple where grandparents are resting.

• November 14 – 16, 2012

Di choi o Phan Tri, Mui Ne, va Chua Co Thach. Tro ve Saigon.

Traveled and spent time in Phan Tri, Mui Ne, and Chua Co Thach. Returned to Saigon.

• November 18, 2012

Di lu do de di chup hinh.

Picked outfits for the pictures.

• November 19, 2012

Di chup hinh o Binh Quoi.

Took engagement and wedding pictures at Binh Quoi.

• November 20 – 23, 2012

Di choi va choi voi gia dinh truoc khi ve My.

Last minute shopping and spent time with family before leaving.

• November 24, 2012

Di ve My

Flew back to the States.

I-129F sent on 12/18/2012
Delivery confirmation confirmed from USPS 12/20/2012
Text/email NOA1 received 12/26/2012 Off to VSC we go!
Check cashed 12/28/2012
NOA1 Hardcopy received 12/29/2012 Priority Date 12/21/2012
Touched, still in Initial Review 01/02/2013

Touched, still in Initial Review 05/24/2013 transferred

Touched, still in Initial Review 05/29/2013 transferred to local office (New Orleans?)

Touched, still in Initial Review 05/30/2013 File now processing

NOA2!!! 06/19/2013

NOA2 Hardcopy received 06/22/2013

Touched, 07/10/2013 sent to DOS

Received case number from NVC 07/15/2013

Case sent to US Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam 07/30/2013

Sent online form to Us Consulate to inquire about packet 3 08/20/2013

Packet 3 Received @ consulate 9/26/2013

Packet 4 Sent via email 01/03/2014

Interview Date 01/27/2014 (submitted requested documents and medical exams records received 03/30 )

VISA APPROVED (Received in hand on April 22)
May 18, 2014 Arrive in US

Wedding date 06/02/2015

AOS Sent: TBD

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :) I'm hoping this isnt overkill...

Not sure if I should send this with I-129F or wait till interview for this detailed timeline, but I've also got a condensed version of specifics too. I wrote it with both Vietnamese and English so my fiance can look over it to make sure I didn't forget anything. When I turn it in, only the English would be on it...

I, Khe Tieu Nguyen, a citizen of the United States am the fiancé of Bao Dinh Dang. The following is a sworn affidavit documenting the timeline of our relationship starting from July 2012 to present.

July 2012 – I went to drop of some clothes at Deluxe Cleaners where my sister-in-law is employed. I saw Bao’s uncle and we chatted and normally I call him “Anh” but that particular day I joked with him about his age and made a remark that I should start calling him “Chu” (uncle) since he’s getting older. He told me that if I wanted to call him “Chu” he has a nephew that he can introduce me to and thus started our journey.

July 07, 2012 – Bao and I talked for the first time. He called me 3 times before I had answered the phone. I had just spent the previous night helping a friend move into an apartment and was still sleeping when he called the first two times. Our conversation was very cordial. We introduced ourselves and talked about our day and his phone ran out of money. He called me the next day after he reloaded his phone to apologize and we exchanged our online information and started to contact one another online to minimize expensive phone costs.

July 09, 2012 – We Skyped for the first time and from there everything just fell into place for us. Over the next couple of months we talked and got to know one another through emails, phone calls, text messages, yahoo messenger chats, and skyping. Slowly we started falling for each other and wanted to take our relationship to the next level, but not until we had our parents approval.

September 09, 2012 – My parents invited Bao’s family to my sister-in-laws for my dad and nephew’s first birthday. Bao’s parents and uncle’s (the one who introduced us) family came to the celebration. His parents asked my parents that day and we received both their blessings.

September 18, 2012 – My birthday. I received a text at midnight wishing me a happy birthday and an email containing a picture of a cake and flowers from Bao. Mom surprised me with tickets to Vietnam in late October! She actually purchased them a month earlier but didn’t want to ruin the surprise so she waited for my birthday to give it to me. I informed Bao and we made plans with his parents the following week to make plans for us to meet and have our dam hoi (engagement party).

September 23, 2012 – I met Bao’s aunts and uncles who reside in Louisiana. We began determining when his parents could come to Vietnam and what needed to be done for the engagement. We decided to have the engagement on October 28, 2012.

For the next month we continued or usual means of communication.

October 23, 2012 – My parents, daughter, and I made it to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. I met Bao and his daughter, Han, for the first time.

October 24 – 27, 2012 – We finished with any last minute preparations for the engagement (last minute guests, ao dai rental, and setting up the engagement decorations at the house). We also prepared for his parents arrival on the 25th and then his uncle’s arrival on the 27th.

October 28, 2012 – The day has arrived! Engagement party!!!

October 29 – 30, 2012 – We spent time with his family in Saigon.

October 31 – November 02, 2012 – We went to Can Tho, Ca Mau, Ba Lieu, and Soc Trang with his family. We had lunch with both families in Can Tho. After lunch, Bao and his family left for HCMC. I stayed to celebrate mom’s birthday.

November 03, 2012 – My mom’s birthday!

November 04 – 09, 2012 – My aunt and I went to HCMC. I met back up with Bao and spent more time with his family before they left on November 07, 2012. We stayed in HCMC and on November 09 met with my cousin Tony (from California) for lunch. We went to Hai Au to meet his friends for dinner. After dinner we took Phuong Tran back to Can Tho.

November 10, 2012 – We had dinner at Alo 100 in Can Tho.

November 11 – 13, 2012 – We spent time with family in Can Tho. Visited temple where my grandparents are resting.

November 14 – 16, 2012 – Traveled with family to Chua Co Thach and Mui Ne. Returned to HCMC.

November 17, 2012 – Spent time in HCMC.

November 18 – 19, 2012 – We picked out outfits for our engagement/wedding pictures and had our pictures taken at Binh Quoi.

November 20 – 23, 2012 – We did some last minute shopping and spent time with family.

November 24, 2012 – Flew back to the states.

The first few months of conversation were just the beginning for us. Once I met Bao and his daughter, I knew that I made the right decision in having him apart of my life. The month we spent together could not prepare me for the hurt and sorrow I am currently feeling that we are no longer by one another. Not only did I fall in love with Bao, but my four-year-old daughter, Serenity, also made a connection with her “Ba Bao.” We are both looking forward to the day that my fiancé and stepdaughter are able to us and our new found family together again.

Relationship Timeline

• July 07, 2012

Lan dau tien noi chuyen voi nau.

First time talking to one another.

• July 09, 2012

Lan dau tien noi chuyen tren Skype.

First time talking to each other on Skype.

• September 09, 2012

Ba Me Bao qua hoi cuoi.

Bao’s family came to ask my parents for my hand in marriage.

• September 23, 2012

Ba Me em qua nha Ba cua Bao tin chuyen voi dinh hon.

My parents went to Bao’s family to discuss plans for our engagement.

• October 23, 2012

Bay ve Vietnam, lan dau tien gap mat nao.

Flew back to Vietnam, first time meeting in person.

• October 24-27, 2012

Sua song cho Le Dinh Hon.

Last minute preparations for the engagement.

• October 28, 2012

Ngay Le Dinh Hon.

Engagement Party

• October 29-30, 2012

Di choi voi gia dinh Bao o Saigon.

Spent time with Bao’s family in Saigon

• October 31 - November 02, 2012

Di Ca Mau, Bac Lieu, & Soc Trang voi gia dinh cua Bao. Di Du Tuyen voi ca hai gia dinh.

Went to Ca Mau, Bac Lieu, & Soc Trang with Bao’s family. Went to Du Tuyen with both families.

• November 03, 2012

Sinh nhat cua Me.

Celebrated mom’s birthday in Can Tho.

• November 4 – 09, 2012

Ve Saigon. Di choi o Saigon voi gia dinh Bao. Gap Anh Hieu. Ve Can Tho.

Came back to Saigon and spent time with Bao’s family. Bao’s family left on November 07, 2012. Bao met my cousin Anh Hieu. Left Saigon to go back to Can Tho.

• November 10, 2012

An o Alo 100, Can Tho

Dinner at Alo 100 in Can Tho

• November 11 - 13, 2012

Di choi voi gia dinh o Can Tho. Tam mo Ong Ngoai va Ba Ngoai o chua.

Spent time with family in Can Tho. Visited temple where grandparents are resting.

• November 14 – 16, 2012

Di choi o Phan Tri, Mui Ne, va Chua Co Thach. Tro ve Saigon.

Traveled and spent time in Phan Tri, Mui Ne, and Chua Co Thach. Returned to Saigon.

• November 18, 2012

Di lu do de di chup hinh.

Picked outfits for the pictures.

• November 19, 2012

Di chup hinh o Binh Quoi.

Took engagement and wedding pictures at Binh Quoi.

• November 20 – 23, 2012

Di choi va choi voi gia dinh truoc khi ve My.

Last minute shopping and spent time with family before leaving.

• November 24, 2012

Di ve My

Flew back to the States.

You forgot to put when you lost your first tooth!

lol. Just kidding. Wow! You're detailed!

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

Timeline

You forgot to put when you lost your first tooth!

lol. Just kidding. Wow! You're detailed!

I read that a lot of people got RFE because of this. I guess better safe than sorry...

and I'm aware I need to have it notarized...lol

But thanks to everyone who posted their timelines...it helped guide me a lot :)

Check cashed 12/28/2012

Touched, still in Initial Review 05/29/2013 transferred to local office (New Orleans?)

NOA2!!! 06/19/2013

Interview Date 01/27/2014 (submitted requested documents and medical exams records received 03/30 )

Wedding date 06/02/2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I would leave out the part about the wedding pictures and also not include them. While it might be a cultural norm elsewhere, some person sitting in an office in America is going to think it is odd to take the wedding photos so long before the actual wedding and might become suspicious that you are already married.

Else than that, it looks great.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

If all this is for the "how we met part" in your application, it is way too long and I doubt anyone will read it all. As an example I said .."we met in Bulgaria in 2007, I made 4 trips during 2008 and 2009. We became engaged in June, 2009". That was it.

I would leave out the part about the wedding pictures and also not include them. While it might be a cultural norm elsewhere, some person sitting in an office in America is going to think it is odd to take the wedding photos so long before the actual wedding and might become suspicious that you are already married.

Agree. Stay away from anything that even remotely looks like a wedding photo. This is for a fiancee visa, not spousal.

Timeline

I can remove the wedding part. It was actually engagement pictures but because of the book we get with it and "package" they allowed me to have a wedding dress too. Which in truth I wouldnt mind that being the wedding pictures cause photographers here in the states are expensive!

If all this is for the "how we met part" in your application, it is way too long and I doubt anyone will read it all. As an example I said .."we met in Bulgaria in 2007, I made 4 trips during 2008 and 2009. We became engaged in June, 2009". That was it.

Agree. Stay away from anything that even remotely looks like a wedding photo. This is for a fiancee visa, not spousal.

This could be for the "how we met" but its more for the relationship timeline that so many people who go through the HCMC consulate get RFE on...It could work for both...I understand the wedding photo part. Totally understandable.

So basically for question 18 B i could say "We were introduced by his uncle in July 2012. Contacted one another with phone calls, text messages, online chats, and skype. I flew to VN in October 23, 2012 and we got engaged on October 28, 2012."

I figured I could submit the "long" one with the petition and on the day of interview my fiance would have both. They can look at the short one for quick reference. :dance:

Edited by callmekay

Check cashed 12/28/2012

NOA2!!! 06/19/2013

Wedding date 06/02/2015

Just write the date and place you've 1st met, date and how many trips and when you got engaged.

Good luck on your journey.

K1
05/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
08/17/12 - Approved I-129F NOA2 (85 days)
11/19/12 - Approved Visa!! (179 days)
12/01/12 - POE Honolulu, HI
12/21/12 - Wedding Day!
AOS, EAD and AP
01/05/13 - Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131
01/09/13 - USCIS accepted case and received text
01/11/13 - Cashed check
01/08/13 - Received NOA1
01/18/13 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice
01/22/13 - Early Biometrics Walk-in (scheduled Feb 7)
01/27/13 - We're pregnant!!
02/04/13 - Received Appointment Notice
03/04/13 - Approved EAD and AP (58 days)
03/12/13 - Received EAD and AP combo card
03/12/13 - Interview and Approved GC (63 days)
03/20/13 - Received Green Card

10/3/13 - Baby #1 arrived

2/17/14 - Pregnant again! LOL

10/20/14 - Baby #2 arrived
ROC
01/09/15 - Mailed I-751

01/12/15 - NOA

01/16/15 - Received NOA Letter

01/20/15 - Mailed DMV 1yr Extension

02/05/15 - Received Biometrics Letter

02/09/15 - Early Bio (Walk-IN)

02/19/15 - Biometrics Appointment

06/15/15 - Approved
06/15/15 - Card Ordered and Mailed

08/22/15 - Card Received

N-400 on or after 12/15/15

and they'll live happily ever, ever after...
Relationship Journey: Our pursuit to happiness

Timeline

Just write the date and place you've 1st met, date and how many trips and when you got engaged.

Good luck on your journey.

I've only taken a month long trip to VN...of course we spoke and had skyped prior (as stated).

So "I took my first trip to Vietnam on October 23, 2012. I met Bao and his daughter at Tan Son Nhat Airport. We got engaged on October 28, 2012."

It may be me, but just that statement alone screams red flag :(

Should I add "see supplement" and include my detailed/condensed timeline???

Check cashed 12/28/2012

NOA2!!! 06/19/2013

Wedding date 06/02/2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My timeline is pretty long as well. I included some significant meetings with friends, such as going to my wife's friends weddings. I included all the times she met my family members, which was a lot.

Show Timeline:

Apr 2009 - We first met. Fear at first sight!
Apr 2009 - First date--actually to bernie c's wedding no less!
Aug 2009 - promise ring
Nov 2009 - moved in together
Mar 2010 - pregnant!
May 2010 - engagement
Jun 2010 - wedding
Dec 2010 - its a girl!
Dec 2010 - signed marriage cert
May 2012 - got CRBA and passport for baby
06-16-2012 - I-130 Package sent for CR1 spousal visa
06-26-2012 - NOA-1 -> CSC
10-04-2012 - NOA-2
10-23-2012 - Paid AOS / Emailed DS-3032
11-08-2012 - Paid IV
11-21-2012 - Mailed AOS/IV packets
12-12-2012 - Received Checklist for Police Certificate (missing translation)
12-12-2012 - Mailed Translated PC
12-21-2012 - Case Completed at NVC. Qualified for IR1 visa
03-19-2013 - Interview

06-21-2012 - USCIS received I130 from abroad
06-26-2012 - NOA-1 -> CSC
10-04-2012 - NOA-2
12-21-2012 - Case Completed at NVC
03-19-2013 - Interview - Passed!

04-04-2013 - POE LAX 2 hour wait My parents picked us up!

04-16-2013 - Received green card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.